How not to die in the wilderness -- tweens and up.

Teen, 13 years old Written byGdextor December 28, 2011

Awesomeness

It is just awesome, that is Man vs Wild summarized. Awesome!
Parent of a 17 year old Written byh8realitytv April 18, 2010
Aside from all the unmentioned "assisantance" the guy gets, I too am disgusted by why animals must be killed for viewers entertainmentl. I am not a "PETA" lover, but seeing animals senselessly killed for ratings is disgusting. I do not see why discovery rates this show PG. It should be R or even X since the killings are real.
Parent Written byPlague December 14, 2009

Man vs. Wild

Great show! Not as good as Survivorman in my opinion, but still a fun, educational show to watch. He sure does bring spunk and energy, but some of his survival techniques seem pretty unnecessary, unless of course you need to be absolutly desperate.
Teen, 13 years old Written byanna1999 July 21, 2012

my fave educational show

I LOVE THIS SHOW! I ticked violence because he often has to tackle animals and kill small mammals for food when he is in the wild looking for food. I ticked language because sometimes he swears but it is bleeped out. This show is very education actually with Bear Grylls being the amazing role model. He tells you lots about places in the world and about the animals there
Kid, 10 years old March 8, 2013

Don't judge a kid by it's age

I watched this when I was only 6. I just ignored the bad words. I was a six-year old on the outside, mature tween on the inside. Some kids are actually young on the outisde but mature on the inside.
Kid, 12 years old June 4, 2012

Best survival show by far!

This has been my favorite survival show since it first aired. Bear Grylls is basically my roll model and I love the way he engages the audience. some times there is partial nudity and the occasional cuss word but both of these are pretty rare. If you like survival and/or outdoor shows, I would definitely reccomend this one!
Kid, 12 years old November 30, 2011

man vs review

its great i think it educates people and how to survive in the wild very very minimum blood and its real but its safe and not bad at all.
Teen, 17 years old Written byHopeless July 31, 2009
Fine for 10+, there's some nudity..blurred out of course when he bathes, as for the "terrible" killing of animals, uhmm...would u let the animals live if you had to survive?...or would you eat them...thats what is being portrayed here. How to SURVIVE..not how to save the poor animals and starve to death..
Kid, 11 years old March 15, 2010
Even though Bear Gryllis encounters some non-realistic situations, it has great survival tips. I do think he does take off his clothes too much for kids under 8 to see. Overall, it is a great show. truly for entertainment purposes in my opinion.
Kid, 11 years old January 27, 2010

Best TV show ever!

I love this show so much! It's a great nature/survival show if your feeling the mood to watch something like that. I love it!!!!
Kid, 10 years old October 11, 2009

Very entertaining

I sort of like it but sometimes it can get alittle gross at times.But overall its an awesme show. It shows how peple can actually survive in the wild. Plus tips
Teen, 14 years old Written byL3HNZ August 17, 2009

Bear Grylls is the man!

last episode he cut a deer's heart out and sliced its throat. EPIC.
Kid, 11 years old October 28, 2014

good

Bear gets naked some times, but everything is blurred out so it is not that bad. If you don't like seeing somebody eat big maggots, blood from a ox, an eye from a ox, scorpions, lizards, snakes and spiders then don't watch it. But if you don't care, then it is a good show.
Kid, 11 years old July 23, 2010
This show is kinda a phony. I mean he does tough out the harsh places. But he has about 5 people with him the whole time. And as soon as season 4 hit he was butt naked in every episode. Only the Arctic Circle is completely censored
Kid, 9 years old February 6, 2010

AWESOME!

This show's pretty good. I like watching it and so does my brother.
Kid, 9 years old March 4, 2011

Bear taking on wilderness - Survival show good for tweens and up.

Bear Grylls and his camera crew basically survive in dangerous wildernesses such as the desert, remote island, etc.Survival is actually intresting for tweens and up, Bear is not a threat here.He teaches you how to survive in the wild, included by techniques used by special forces and information about endangered species.I love it myself and find it intresting, although when he's naked on tv, all his privates are blurred.But however, his butt is sometimes exposed which i don't think young viewers need to see.The point is, Man vs. Wild is actually a great show, i would recommend it for family but not for people aged 7 and under.So, whenever you have a chance, gather the family and learn a thing or two on Man vs. Wild.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBlueSunday October 6, 2010

It's important for our survival.. but not food for the faint of heart

I've always thought it was pretty cool, that if you ever get lost you would know what to do. Sometimes his crew helps him, but usually its just to record it all, sometimes he does it himself! I know it is a little phony at times, but usually its pretty well done. I can't help but look away though has he kills animals to eat (to eat and what NOT to eat) plus its rather discusting. I like the episode when he's stuck out at sea, that was pretty awesome (not for ACTUAL people lost at sea though, that would not be fun) A lot of the places he goes is actually kinda cool, and he is trying to show what to do if you ever get stuck in the wild (some people do, a lot of people do everyday) so its really quite nessessary.

WATCH IT..............................DO IT ........NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

This show is awsome if you want to work with nature like me or say you were on a plane and it crashed in say Panama Central America you could learn the plant&animals that could save you and the ones that gould make u sick or even die!Give it a chance this guys got alot of guts like swimming in a aligator filled river in the Florda Keys or jumping into a frozan lake and if you say otherwise try doing that stuff yourself!!So giveit a chanceif you aresay like 10 or older this stuff will save your life.This is the best show! WATCH IT ..............DO IT........NOW!!!!!!!! I MEAN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BY the way he's sooooo cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Also parshal nudity but it is blured out exept the but.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviewatcherII November 23, 2014

How to survive

Violence: 1/8 Bear is in dangerous situations. Sex: 1/8 Bear must sometimes get naked. His private crotch is blurred, but his bare rump is exposed.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviewathcer September 13, 2014

cool survival show

Bear Grilles is allways in a dangerous situation and has to kill.animals, but.it's for food. Bear Grilles must sometimes get naked. His genitals are blurred, you see his backside.