All member reviews for Martha Speaks

Chatty canine's vocab lessons are fun for kids.

Teen, 16 years old Written bytonytorresan884 December 25, 2013

One of the only GOOD PBS Kids shows left.

I LOVE this show. It's educational, teaches kids cool words, nice animation, and the voice acting is great too!
Teen, 16 years old Written byGregoryMccormick123 July 16, 2014

A good show from the modern day PBS Kids? Pinch me I must be dreaming.

A good show from PBS Kids is very rare these days. Martha Speaks is one of them. It teaches awesome words, the animation is really charming, the characters are likeable, and it's one of the only good shows on PBS Kids these days. If this show and the other PBS Kids saviors get cancelled, PBS Kids will never learn from their mistakes. So PLEASE keep the good remaining shows, cancel the crap, and bring back the awesome shows.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy September 12, 2012

My fave PBS Kids show!

This is PBS Kid's savior! I stopped watching that channel a LONG time ago! Because when they had great shows (like Fetch) they got replaced by idiotic crap like Dinosaur Train! But this show ROCKS! Great animation (for flash),ultra-edacational,ect.I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byJoseph Rock February 28, 2012

One of the best kid shows since Arthur!

I'm a huge fan of this show.I learned A LOT of big words from it.The animation is nice to look at.The jokes are super funny! My only flaw is that some of the characters are annoying (especilly Truman).Other than that I love this show.
Kid, 10 years old January 29, 2010

Perfect for younger kids and tweens.

I watch Martha Speaks everyday! It's so educational and funny. My mom loves me watching it and I don't think it's stupid like one said. If kids can't learn from school, at least put it in something they'll look at. Entertaining and educational!
Teen, 15 years old Written byCrosby35744 May 1, 2013

Great Educational Value

This show is great for young children and parents with its educational and positive morals, stories, hilarious plots, and of course, the great vocabulary! I would recommend this show for young children maybe 4 or 5 and up. Also, for you immature 13 year olds saying nobody should watch it just because you don't like it, stop whining. There are no bad words, and at least there's an educational value, unlike whatever you'd produce.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDarksouls444 September 11, 2014

One of the PBS shows ment for older kids!

This is one of cooler shows ment for 10+ it teaches vocabulary that is good grammer writing and bunches of L.A based learning
Teen, 13 years old Written bySamantha8533 August 11, 2014

I like it but....

I like all the characters but Truman and Milo are.....uhhh.......geniusingly annoying like its just a fossil not like a person and truman T_T a pain
Kid, 9 years old July 6, 2014

PBS Kids' Life!

This is the only reason why I wake up at 6:30 in the morning, because its the only time Martha Speaks is on my PBS affiliate. Better than Arthur (because Arthur teaches HORRIBLE lessons!) and Martha Speaks teaches something, even for the big kids like me! Great Job PBS! If this show gets cancelled, my preschool life will be OVER. (BTW, it's my 9 and a half birthday today, that's why I put preschool life) If this gets cancelled and Peg + Cat is renewed for a 3rd season, then. I'll. SCREAM! If you want to help renew it, I found this website about the cause. http://savemarthaspeaks.weebly.com/
Parent Written byAtlMom January 31, 2014

Martha Speaks is worth a look

Martha Speaks is one of those few kids shows that is actually entertaining to kids AND adults. There are jokes for everyone. My son is a little young (6) to understand some of the more complex words. But I like how they explain them and put them into use. And, for the record, Martha tells the grandfather she wished he'd die because her owner opened the bottom of the can of vegetable soup, which made Martha say the opposite of what she meant. The kids are pretty real and not too sugary sweet, too. Worth a look!
Kid, 10 years old August 8, 2013

Quite Bizzare....

I will only mention the absurd things about Martha Speaks because of course I would not like it, I am way too old for this show anyway but Martha's origin makes no sense, how could food enter your brain? Your esophogus was never connected to the brain stem and if food could enter your brain, it could kill you and where would it go? And if she did survive, it doesn't give her the ability to talk. It would not even affect her vocal cords and even if it did she needs human vocal cords to speak and how could she know words anyway, the alphabet soup is arranged in a random order. So she would speak words in a random order? And HOW COULD SOUP LETTERS LOSE THEIR WAY TO THE STOMACH??!!! The esopogus only goes to the stomach. And she wouldn't be able to speak if she chewed the soupy letters and it entered her brain she wouldn't be able to speak and even if she could she would only be able to speak jumbly and random words. In conclusion, Martha speaks is a good show for kids but all I'm saying is that how Martha suddenly gain the ability to talk is simply absurd.
Parent of a 8, 10, and 14 year old Written byIamASafeOne April 7, 2013

MY pros and cons.

PROS: Teaches loads of vocab (4-8) Teaches some vocab (9-12) Teaches little vocab (13+) Entertaining, enjoyable, all my kids watched this, no signs of boredness while watching, funny, good character personalities, reviews of words at the end, non-babyish show, non-annoying voices, good lessons, friendship, non-sexual references, no major violence, no major language, cute dog segment at the end. CONS: Annoying theme song, Unrealistic, some name calling, some fights, some hitting, some sexual innuedo (one time the lady was pregnant, kids don't need to know that!), dumb idea. (really, if a dog eats letter soup, the letters lose their way and go to their brain, then make the dog talk????)
Kid, 11 years old August 27, 2012

Dog's Adventures are Fun for the Whole Family

Martha Speaks is a one of a kind show. Unlike Sesame Street, which I feel is just BAD, Martha Speaks mixes Educational with Entertainment. Edutainment. So basicly, 3rd Favorite Show. 2nd is Phineas and Ferb, 1st is My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
Teen, 13 years old Written byluvpink December 26, 2011

Parental Guidence For Young Children

Pushes evolution too much. There are some words that ate inapproriate. For young children. For really little kids it is a good idea that a parent is there with them.
Parent Written byjbj6 June 15, 2011

love it

Parent of a 2 year old Written byemmecj January 19, 2011

It is entertaining and one I do not mind watching along (along with Arthur.)
Teen, 13 years old Written byAmericangirlforever September 2, 2010

Cute Show!

This Show is very fun and educational! Even I like it! Its one of the two only shows I like that DON'T bug my parents! Next to Arthur. I'm sure that this show will help you kids a lot with words they don't understand or haven't heard of. Defiantly recommend it 5 out of 5.
Parent of a 5 year old Written bykelliemejia929 June 6, 2010

Great vocabulary builder

Parent of an infant and 4 year old Written bydebflinch April 16, 2010

Parent of a 5 year old Written bySazz Menazz April 9, 2010

Fun way to build vocabulary

Cute show, funny, and really helps build vocabulary. My 5 year old loves it and would rank it with Arthur, Charlie and Lola, and Electric Company as her favourite shows.