Chatty canine's vocab lessons are fun for kids.

Teen, 16 years old Written byGregoryMccormick123 July 16, 2014

A good show from the modern day PBS Kids? Pinch me I must be dreaming.

A good show from PBS Kids is very rare these days. Martha Speaks is one of them. It teaches awesome words, the animation is really charming, the characters are likeable, and it's one of the only good shows on PBS Kids these days. If this show and the other PBS Kids saviors get cancelled, PBS Kids will never learn from their mistakes. So PLEASE keep the good remaining shows, cancel the crap, and bring back the awesome shows.
Teen, 16 years old Written bytonytorresan884 December 25, 2013

One of the only GOOD PBS Kids shows left.

I LOVE this show. It's educational, teaches kids cool words, nice animation, and the voice acting is great too!
Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy September 12, 2012

My fave PBS Kids show!

This is PBS Kid's savior! I stopped watching that channel a LONG time ago! Because when they had great shows (like Fetch) they got replaced by idiotic crap like Dinosaur Train! But this show ROCKS! Great animation (for flash),ultra-edacational,ect.I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byJoseph Rock February 28, 2012

One of the best kid shows since Arthur!

I'm a huge fan of this show.I learned A LOT of big words from it.The animation is nice to look at.The jokes are super funny! My only flaw is that some of the characters are annoying (especilly Truman).Other than that I love this show.
Parent Written byjbj6 June 15, 2011

love it

Teen, 15 years old Written byCrosby35744 May 1, 2013

Great Educational Value

This show is great for young children and parents with its educational and positive morals, stories, hilarious plots, and of course, the great vocabulary! I would recommend this show for young children maybe 4 or 5 and up. Also, for you immature 13 year olds saying nobody should watch it just because you don't like it, stop whining. There are no bad words, and at least there's an educational value, unlike whatever you'd produce.
Parent of a 5 year old Written bySazz Menazz April 9, 2010

Fun way to build vocabulary

Cute show, funny, and really helps build vocabulary. My 5 year old loves it and would rank it with Arthur, Charlie and Lola, and Electric Company as her favourite shows.
Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written byIliana W. September 14, 2016

Martha Speaks...

My daughter has started using words like "splendid" or "revolting" in her voacbulary. She is 3, so this is a giant improvement. We are going to keep her watching this show, so she can wow her kindergarten teacher next year. I am "eager" for the next episode to come on! (Martha's word of the episode from last week)
Adult Written byRecessGymClass August 29, 2016

I was never a fan of the books, but this is atrocious.

This show is a big, fat failure on so many levels. Here is why: The theme song is annoying. The lyrics are bad, the music is poor, and the beat is bland and predictable. The animation would be SO much better if it wasn't flash animation. The character movements are just plain bad. If it was hand-drawn, it would look so nice. However, the flash animation makes the character movements so bad, it atomatically (sorry I spelled that wrong) makes it awful. I think Martha is a cute character, very charming like CSM says, but even she can't save this show from the one star rating i'm giving it. I think Helen is a boring character. TD is SO annoying, his personality just makes me want to jam my head into a wall. Truman is also annoying, Helen's Dad is stupid, Alice has a very weird personality, and those two guys who want to kidnap Martha are just lackluster characters, whose personalities go nowhere. The episodes that focus on them are just the worst, even worse than the show itself. When this show attempts humor like another bad PBS Kids show, WordGirl, it is just stupid. The storylines fall flat. Filled with plot holes and some have been done on TV over 1, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000 times already. Which is just lazy. Besides Martha, I like how it teaches children vocabulary words that are interesting, and very useful, just like WordGirl (mentioned before). This show also has good morals for kids, which I like. However, even that can't save this show. This is one of the worst PBS Kids shows ever. It is number five on the list. I'm so glad this is gone.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBTG geek August 26, 2016

This is a fun show that i watch with my brothers

Kid, 11 years old May 28, 2016

One of my Favorite Shows as a Young Kid

This show is great! All of the characters go through problems in life that help teach kids about being a good friend. The vocab help is great and I find myself remembering words from this show in class and being able to define them when no one else can. I love dogs already and Martha is one of my favorite cartoon dogs. I even chuckle at some of jokes even though I'm older now when I throw this on for my younger cousin to watch. Nothing bad, risque or mature (well, what did you expect it's a PBS Kids show). I always enjoyed the episodes when Martha and Skits were puppies and I always remember some great words to live by from one of the characters TD "You can't let a small thing like total humiliation stand between you and a good time!" If you want to educate your child, have them watch this.
Teen, 15 years old Written byWhaleWriter April 25, 2016

What Child Wouldn't Like A Talking Dog?

Martha Speaks is such an adorable , educational show. It slowly expands the vocab a young child learns like 'journey' and 'pre-occupied' which are simple and linger in the mind. It is very child friendly , with characters who try to up good behaviour. Not to forget , what child of age 1-4 despises animals? And out of that , a talking dog! A lovely show which I watch with my little sister :3
Parent Written byOdysseas'sBaba November 8, 2015

Brilliantly and engaging for very verbal seven year old

Our extraordinarily verbal seven year old loves this show. Sometimes he watches it over again although he knows the story. He also loves Curious George. When I asked why he likes it so much he said "I learn big words". I like the issues of ethics that are woven into these show. It amazingly engaging for much younger but also for much older kids, also teens and adults.
Teen, 16 years old Written bydestiniwynter October 29, 2015

Martha Speaks

Martha speaks is a great show for children to watch. it can teach them new vocabulary , manner, and important decision making.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDarksouls444 September 11, 2014

One of the PBS shows ment for older kids!

This is one of cooler shows ment for 10+ it teaches vocabulary that is good grammer writing and bunches of L.A based learning
Teen, 13 years old Written bySamantha8533 August 11, 2014

I like it but....

I like all the characters but Truman and Milo are.....uhhh.......geniusingly annoying like its just a fossil not like a person and truman T_T a pain
Kid, 9 years old July 6, 2014

PBS Kids' Life!

This is the only reason why I wake up at 6:30 in the morning, because its the only time Martha Speaks is on my PBS affiliate. Better than Arthur (because Arthur teaches HORRIBLE lessons!) and Martha Speaks teaches something, even for the big kids like me! Great Job PBS! If this show gets cancelled, my preschool life will be OVER. (BTW, it's my 9 and a half birthday today, that's why I put preschool life) If this gets cancelled and Peg + Cat is renewed for a 3rd season, then. I'll. SCREAM! If you want to help renew it, I found this website about the cause. http://savemarthaspeaks.weebly.com/
Parent Written byAtlMom January 31, 2014

Martha Speaks is worth a look

Martha Speaks is one of those few kids shows that is actually entertaining to kids AND adults. There are jokes for everyone. My son is a little young (6) to understand some of the more complex words. But I like how they explain them and put them into use. And, for the record, Martha tells the grandfather she wished he'd die because her owner opened the bottom of the can of vegetable soup, which made Martha say the opposite of what she meant. The kids are pretty real and not too sugary sweet, too. Worth a look!
Kid, 10 years old August 8, 2013

Quite Bizzare....

I will only mention the absurd things about Martha Speaks because of course I would not like it, I am way too old for this show anyway but Martha's origin makes no sense, how could food enter your brain? Your esophogus was never connected to the brain stem and if food could enter your brain, it could kill you and where would it go? And if she did survive, it doesn't give her the ability to talk. It would not even affect her vocal cords and even if it did she needs human vocal cords to speak and how could she know words anyway, the alphabet soup is arranged in a random order. So she would speak words in a random order? And HOW COULD SOUP LETTERS LOSE THEIR WAY TO THE STOMACH??!!! The esopogus only goes to the stomach. And she wouldn't be able to speak if she chewed the soupy letters and it entered her brain she wouldn't be able to speak and even if she could she would only be able to speak jumbly and random words. In conclusion, Martha speaks is a good show for kids but all I'm saying is that how Martha suddenly gain the ability to talk is simply absurd.
Parent of a 8, 10, and 14 year old Written byIamASafeOne April 7, 2013

MY pros and cons.

PROS: Teaches loads of vocab (4-8) Teaches some vocab (9-12) Teaches little vocab (13+) Entertaining, enjoyable, all my kids watched this, no signs of boredness while watching, funny, good character personalities, reviews of words at the end, non-babyish show, non-annoying voices, good lessons, friendship, non-sexual references, no major violence, no major language, cute dog segment at the end. CONS: Annoying theme song, Unrealistic, some name calling, some fights, some hitting, some sexual innuedo (one time the lady was pregnant, kids don't need to know that!), dumb idea. (really, if a dog eats letter soup, the letters lose their way and go to their brain, then make the dog talk????)