All member reviews for Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Teen, 16 years old Written byrebma97 September 24, 2013

Decent spinoff of "Avengers"

As a big fan of "The Avengers", I was eagerly anticipating this series. It was a little different than I expected, and there's certainly room for improvement (character development, more complicated story lines), so overall it's just okay. It's not the best show in the world but it's not the worst, either. Violence: Some of action/battle scenes, mostly involving hand-to-hand combat (and some blood), but it's never really graphic. Characters are sometimes killed. Sex: A few minor references, implied sexual activity (you see kissing and men and women getting dressed), and some of the females wear revealing outfits. Language is very mild, only including words like "h*ll", "cr*p", and "a**". Despite the content, "Agents of Shield" is somewhat milder than the "Avengers" film.
Kid, 12 years old September 30, 2013

Not too scary, WATCH IT!!!

Loved this show! Thrilling and faced paced. Anyone who sees the Avengers has to watch this show and won't be alarmed by anything on it. A woman flirts with a man, but no kissing yet, some violence, guns, and the wreckage of a train station and some people injured. Little blood and language. People stick up for they're team, are strong characters, and show compassion even for criminals. Watch the show on ABC!
Kid, 10 years old September 24, 2013

It's okay...

I only saw the first episode. Violence: action scenes, some blood. Consumerism: some characters mention marvel heroes, such as Iron Man. (referred to as "a metal man" or something) Language: "b*tch" "h*ll" "oh my god" "cr**," "boobs," "balls." Sex: some female agents wear tight outfits. One scene, Skye takes off her jacket (or vest) and Ward takes a brief look at her breasts. One episode a guy and Skye are seen kissing, and in a room, with the guy shirtless, and Skye in a bra and underwear.
Teen, 17 years old Written bylotrlove October 19, 2013

Fun Family Entertainment

This show is pretty much the Avengers movie put in a TV show format. We may not see superheroes as regular characters, but we still see the same amount of action, humor, and sic-fi to make us feel at home. There is some violence and language, but nothing worse than the movie that spawned it. Overall it is a relatively clean, incredibly witty breath of fresh air for those of us looking for a show thats worth looking forward to each week!
Teen, 13 years old Written byJessiJL November 8, 2013

Once you screen the episodes, it is a GREAT show for teens.

It is a GREAT show for Marvel loving kids, but the sexual references and the violence might make parents want to screen the episodes before their children watch it. The diverse races and the teamwork are really good.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymcashd55 December 16, 2013

Marvel VS Review

This is a fantastic show. Anyone who is a fan of Marvel will come to love this show. Everything about it is so Marvel. There is sex, language, great message, good role models, violence, and drinking, drugs, and smoking at times.
Kid, 10 years old December 17, 2013

A great tv show.

There is some swearing, a lot of action, and some inappropriate content. But all and all it is really cool, because it has situations that I can understand. Also the action is very cool. There also is some grose things like peoples eye's moving out of place, but otherwise it's great.
Kid, 10 years old January 1, 2014

AOS

I think that it is a good show but after a few episodes you will get bored. It is violent and does have swearing and ``sexual scenes`` but it does carry the fantasy theme with takes a bite out of the violence. NOT TO BE WATCHED AS A FAMILY
Teen, 16 years old Written byOlivia_Smith March 1, 2015

Whilst the programme started off brilliantly, it began to slow down a little in the middle of the first series, and I began to lose interest quite quickly. However, it's definitely worth watching to the end, as the numerous twists at the end of Series 1 are very well done, and Series Two has been even better so far. With regards to its suitability, I would say that there is occasionally some swearing, and there is some discussion of sex, but nothing explicit is mentioned or shown. Characters are seen drinking, but not to excess, and the violence, whilst quite brutal, is no worse than in the Marvel films. Overall, I would say suitable for teenagers, but some of the violence may be a little too much for younger viewers.
Teen, 15 years old Written byanakin007 February 11, 2015

Great show but most episodes deserve a TV14

While this is a great show and many Marvel fans will watch it. Agents of SHIELD, has some episodes with significant violent and sexual content. So, the common sense review is wrong, because they only review the first three episodes. Season 1 episode 5 had a minute and a half scene with amian character walking around in a bra and panties. The season one finale had sme violence but, the most disgusting was the evil character tearing out someone's rib with his hand. All shown. Also, the seventh episode of season two shows a human lady being torn open. This scene is about a minute long. So overall a great show, and the only reason I said to much violence is because its rate TVPG. Don't be fooled by that rating. If it was rated TV14 it would be fine.
Teen, 13 years old Written byShadow21 January 6, 2015

Surprisingly not near as violent as Avengers

Not very violent. lots of language for a TV-PG series. small gunfights and iffy melee is all you can expect. There is really no sexual stuff, but mild flirting. And unlike Avengers, the very little super-hero action scenes but still very intense.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTorissaNikole January 3, 2015

Starts off slow, gets WAY better

The characters change and grow so much from when they started out. What at first looks like boring and predictable relationships is actually an intentional build-up to a huge twist that threw me so off guard I swear my feels were broken for a full week. All of the characters are very well done. || The action is not too intense, but you may want to be cautious. Alien objects turn people into stone, super-powered individuals can turn people into ice. A central theme is that one of the main characters died and came back to life, and the after effects of the procedure used can have a morbid and foreboding air to it. The procedure is shown a few times briefly, as a machine working on the brain of the individual while they cry out in pain, begging the people operating it to let them die instead of trying to resurrect them further. One person who went through treatment with the gh325 drug went insane and gained super strength, using it to rip out some of the inner organs of a man who opposed him (it wasn't ridiculously graphic: his hand was shown as bloody and it showed a blood covered intestine. It was very brief.) Someone else who also went through this treatment showed indications of insanity, taking a woman and using a knife to carve alien symbols into her skin, killing her afterwards. Later, it shows a man cutting a woman open while she was awake and removing her inner organs, then a brief shot of himself getting onto the operating table and starting to cut himself open, implying he put her organs into himself. Strategically placed camera angles keep too much from being shown, but it could still very easily be disturbing for younger kids, especially since (SPOILERS) she turns out to be the mother of one of the main characters. The woman's body is disposed of. Two people are betrayed by a friend and are pushed out of an airplane and into the ocean, almost dying as a result of it. The expected martial arts fighting scenes, with no major injuries. One main character almost dies of a gun wound, and others are grazed infrequently. The agents normally refrain from using real guns and instead use guns that simply knock out their enemies. || There is a side-plot where two of the characters have a premarital sex-without-love relationship, and it is described as such. The typical implied "man getting out of bed with woman laying down next to him." There are no real consequences for this. A bit of kissing, some romantic tension. Later in season 2, a divorced couple decides to "give it another go" and begin it with a bit of passionate kissing before spending the night together. || The occasional "hell" or "damn", maybe a "bitch" or two, but that's as bad as it gets. ||| I do remember that when I first started watching the show, I was like "this isn't the best, but I don't have anything else to watch, so I might as well continue." Boy, am I glad I did. The send off had a bit of a juvenile feel to it, but I swear, it goes from an average "meh" show to being up there (in my opinion) with Doctor Who and Once Upon A Time in terms of quality level. Despite the extensive violence, I honestly think that (especially with the new plot twist at the end of season 2 that creates a new Marvel tie-in) it is an amazing watch that will soon be very important in the Marvel universe.
Kid, 12 years old December 1, 2014

Great show with good messages

I think this shows how many people can work together and figure problems out. It also shows many positive messages. I would say age 11 and up if they are mature for their age (like me) otherwise I would say age 13 and up. Their is very little sex, swearing, and their is no or very little drug or substances being used.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLilster1 September 30, 2014

MY FAVOURITE SERIES

I am a huge Marvel fan, so I was stoked when I heard about its release. I have loved every single episode in season 1, and I am really loving season 2. The series does contain quite a bit of violence, but nothing to graphic. Lots of good messages about the importance of teamwork. I highly recommend this series to anyone who has enjoyed previous Marvel movies or action shows
Teen, 13 years old Written bySheu15 September 29, 2014

A very good television show but very unpredictable

Well first off Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is a great show. In the first season it had trouble finding its place but now it finally has, and it's beatiful. For most of the first season it had typical Marvel violence and romance. But proceed with caution. This show is unpredictable. In the first season a character states that her and a male agent have been having sex. Shocker, wasn't expecting that from this show. A few epsisodes later a sex scene occurs. Sex is then talked about more frequently in the show. However, after epsisode sixteen the sex talk is over but this is where it gets pretty violent. In the season premiere, a man who has lost his mind rips out the rib of another man (all on screen) and then stabs him in the head with it. Woah. This new season in a bit more realistic in the violence but in the episode "Shadows", a women's hand has to be amputated. Although we don't see most of the act, it's unsettling. So in the end this is a great show but you never know what may happen. Unfortunately, unlike most Marvel-fare, this show is not suitable for family viewing. I am hopeful that Agent Carter, premiering in January, will be a bit more family friendly.
Teen, 17 years old Written byAvonleaAnne May 13, 2014

Love it!

It has a engaging and unique (with a lot of twists) storyline. There are only two almost 'intimate' scenes and a few mild swear words. The female characters are well done characters, each strong in different ways. Not to mention there is a equal men to woman ratio!
Kid, 12 years old April 22, 2014

Great Show

It's Dramatic, I have fun discussing the latest betrayal at school with my friends on Wensday mornings. I love it.
Kid, 10 years old April 15, 2014

a little gross

It can be scary in parts, for example floating dead bodies, however, I really enjoyed it. A small amount of swearing and lots of action scenes. Preferred watching it during the day rather than at night.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHightech Redneck April 14, 2014

SHIELD

Some episodes are action packed well some are just people yapping. It has appearances by other Marvel character.The episode that aired after Captain America Winter Soldier came out had spoilers of the movie, so you probably wanna go see the newest marvel movies (that are owned by disney) before you continue watching. If you like Marvel movies you should watch Agents Of SHIELD
Teen, 15 years old Written byThe Hannah Claire April 12, 2014

I was unimaginably excited about this show. I love it so much! I love the characters (except Ward) and there is the perfect mix of funniness and seriousness. Be warned, some episodes are rather creepy and violent! The episode T.R.A.C.K.S. (the one on the train) is particularly violent. As the show went on, they did up the sexual content. I checked and I believe episodes 5, 8, 9, 12, 13, and 15 all of a level of sexual content other than the occasional flirting. Nothing explicit is ever shown and we never see anything actually happen but we do see before, after, and discussions. There is some language as well. In a few episodes there is drinking but nothing too bad. I do highly recommend this for any fan of Avengers!