Siblings set a positive example for preschoolers.

Parent of a 11 year old Written bymikeisawesome123 January 27, 2011
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written bySunnye June 5, 2010
Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written bybriannefair December 15, 2009
Parent of a 3 year old Written byspanora December 9, 2009

Not sure what Nick was thinking

Ruby is mean spirited and far too bossy to be considered a good role model for Max. It also makes no sense that their parents are NEVER shown. This is one of the few shows banned in our house because of the way Ruby treats other people. My son started emulating the tones and attitude when he was allowed to watch it.
Adult Written bychristychesnet July 8, 2009

A quiet one!

This is a great show, especially for us parents who get tired of all the loud shows (Dora anyone?). The funny thing is that Ruby tries to deter Max from doing something, but Max always ends up being right in the end. I hope my kids don't start thinking that will happen around here!
Adult Written bycolelo1978 April 9, 2008

not impressed

I do not recommend Max and Ruby at all. I think that Ruby is bossy and I wonder why she is the caregiver to her younger brother? Where are the parents? My main issue though is with the speach (or lack of) of Max. His one-word requests do not model proper sentance speaking for young toddlers. I used to let my son watch the show, but then he started to use one word requests like Max, and off went the show, and back came his words!
Parent of a 2 year old Written bySolana11 January 12, 2014

I love this show for my 2-year-old!

I have three kids, ages 18, 16 and 2, so I have A LOT of experience with kids' shows. Max & Ruby is the best animated show for preschool kids. There are other very good shows, but I'm referring specifically to animated shows. What adults and much older children (who shouldn't be watching this show anyway) criticize, such as Ruby's bossiness, the lack of parents, or other "rules" that we are otherwise accustomed to, don't matter to 2-year-olds. This is the story of a brother and sister and how they interact with each other to resolve conflict. The imagery and music are simple, beautiful and classic. So, at this point, I don't want to be too boring and describe all the great things about this show, so I'll cut to the chase. My 2-year-old loves this show and always asks to see it. Most of the other animated shows on Nick, Jr. are loud, obnoxious and completely unrealistic (from the characters to the way they act.) Why does every character have to be in some sort of band or music video??! Why are they talking to us and trying to make us think they actually hear us? My daughter loses interest in just about every other cartoon out there because there's just too much noise and stuff happening. I hope Max & Ruby stays with us for a long time.
Parent of a 1, 3, 4, 6, 6, and 12 year old Written byResponsibleParentOf9 July 28, 2013

Great educational show

Education is crazy on this show: I would have all children of all ages watch this show! Instead of that crappy "Mom Friends Forever" on Nick Jr that pollutes children's minds.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byshyviolet24 January 12, 2011

Great show for the preschool set

We love this show! Max and Ruby have a great relationship. Ruby can be a little bossy, and what older sister isn't? She is always patient with Max even though she often doesn't understand what he is trying to do. My daughter loves how mischievous Max is and finds him very funny. While I have noticed the parents are not in this show, they are in a family picture that is sometimes in the background, so they do exist. I think the show's focus is more on the sibling relationship. I think people are a little too concerned about it. It's a cartoon with talking bunnies... it doesn't have to completely follow reality.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byMamaD407 August 8, 2010

Cute show about cute bunnies

My son has been watching Max & Ruby for a few months now and he loves it! I think the show is adorable however, I do sometimes wonder how long will it take for my son to catch on that there is no mommy or daddy bunny around! Lol. Max can be a little bit of a troublemaker at times, but everything turns out for the best in the end...not likely in real life, but still cute for the show.
Adult Written bykbonardi April 9, 2008

Ruby does NOT model patient behavior.

She is constantly bossing Max around, telling him he can't do things until he persists to a point where she HAS to agree with what he's going. Frankly, I always feel a little sorry for Max.
Parent Written byJazmin20 January 31, 2012

Not a positive at all

I don't think it is educational at all. I also think it is not very positive either because they always use the words no, don't, stop that, and go way. It seems to me that ruby does not like max. She always tells max to go play by your self and she is always yelling at him.
Parent Written bysparklish December 7, 2011

Quite amusing

Hilarious show about an overbearing older sister and her sometimes naughty little brother. Who can't relate? It's very clever.
Adult Written byAloise September 8, 2011

Ruby sets a bad example

'm just waiting for Max to learn how to say more than one word at a time so he can say "You're not the boss of me." You know how Nick Jr. does that thing where they talk about the "benefits" of watching the show ("Move and groove with us", "Develop social skills through caring and sharing", etc.). Do they have one of those for Max and Ruby? ("Learn to nag and be condescending without parental oversight while squashing the initiative of your younger siblings, especially those with limited vocabularies"). Maybe? Probably not...
Adult Written byvanprkr April 9, 2008

My two-year-old loves Max

Fortunately *and* unfortunately, Max and Ruby is my two-year-old's favorite. While we did have some initial issues with emulating Max's behavior, he's also picked up some behavior such gently hushing "quiet" to friends who are being excessively noisy. Although the show does have some bizarre concepts (I don't have a problem so much with Ruby being Max's apparant primary caretaker as her being an overly giggly "girly" girl who prefers beauty products and being a "bunny Scout."), the stories are short and fun. For all the problems I *do* have with the Max and Ruby series, I've found an equal amount of good things too.
Parent Written byNaniElain December 4, 2012

Where did you get your idea for the show

I just wanted to know how did the creator think of the show because my mother wrote a book with the exact same characters. She tried to get her book published but it never happened. Her book was an acb book with the same bunny characters. Please get back at me as soon as you can. Thanks.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byJsDad September 16, 2009
I think it is a *good* show for my 2yo. It helps children to solve problems on their own...it also shows older children 5+ how to be patient with their toddler siblings. Not great...but not bad either
Adult Written byadvocatewhat'sright June 3, 2013

What's with all the hate?

For some reason it says kids say only 2/5 for THIS show but 3/5 for Dora the Explorer. Honestly? I thought that was the show most people hate like with Barney. I give this show 3.5/5. It's cute and harmless. Stop complaining!
Parent of a 1 year old Written byashleye3 March 6, 2016

Max and Ruby

So my son loves this show I'm guessing because it's cute bunnies and their friends. Ruby gets on my nerves because she's always bossing max around. There are no parents around except the Grandma once in a while. Maybe it's just me but I don't like this show
Parent of a 2 year old Written byMadison's Mommy July 18, 2013

Blah!

When I first saw this show I thought Ruby was Max's mom, turns out she's his overbearing older sister! My daughter likes this show, but I cannot stand it. It's just annoying.