All member reviews for Melissa & Joey

Former child stars' sitcom has grown-up edge.

Kid, 12 years old August 29, 2011

Awesome Show!!!

My mom and I love this show we watch it together all the time!! Its one of my fave shows!!!
Adult Written byMovieLover92 April 15, 2013

Started out kind of rocky but it has improved

I will admit that the first half of the first season was a little rocky but after that I think the show started to get its groove. This goes to prove that you can't judge a show by the first episode. It is a working progress. Melissa and Joey have great chemistry and you never known when they are going to box each others ears off or if they are just going to kiss each other. There are so few good family sitcoms anymore that last more than a season. I really hope that Melissa and Joey lasts for as long as it can.
Kid, 11 years old September 15, 2010

Great and funny show!

[QUOTE=jameymff]Melissa and Joey is a nice show if your in the mood to chuckle. It has a positive energy and is a feel-good comedy! Love it![/QUOTE] He read my mind. Also, parents, make sure you watch the show before your kids do.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byAmyJ 2 November 8, 2015

Hard to believe

I am truly shocked at this show, season 1 and 2 were ok, after that (seasons 3 and 4) were over the top. If you are looking for a show for your families, this is not the one. The female lead drinks continually, teen sex with multiple partners for both of the kids with a "way to go" from both of the lead characters. As we progress to season 4 Melissa and Joey are married, and I am pretty sure there is not an episode that does not show them running to the bedroom. Sex, and drinking are talked about a lot. Now all of this might be fine if the show was on the CW, but it is on ABC Family, I am so happy I did not introduce this to my kids before really watching it first. I write this review. Just to warn other parents about this show, there are lots of reviews stating this is a great family show. I do not believe this to be true, please watch before introducing your kids and make your own judgement.
Adult Written byM&M1995 February 14, 2016

Horribly unfunny sitcom is boring and predictable. Skip it.

This show is incredibly cheesy and tries too hard to be funny. I really have no idea how it is still on the air. The jokes are very lame (e.g., the son uses the expression "Oh shirt!" in place of "Oh sh*t!" when he realizes he bought his girlfriend a top that she already has). The scenarios in every episode are repetitive and simply glossed over to **appear** different. The same themes are explored in a tired manner; themes such as sex, dating, teenage drug use, affairs, self-image, bullying. There's a surprising amount of sexual innuendo in the show, with sneaky references to masturbation, sexual role-play, and more. One episode has a lengthy bedroom scene between Melissa and Joey which, although is meant to be humorous, clearly contains some heavy sexual material. In the show, teenagers sneak out, get involved with the wrong crowd, there is discussion of teenage sex, etc. The language, however, is mild, but there are still a number of basic insults thrown around, such as "moron" and "idiot." Expect to roll your eyes multiple times while watching an episode. This show just does not deliver anything valuable or fresh to the already full sitcom bandwagon. Overall, skip this one. It's not worth your time, and it is definitely not family-friendly either.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygabbymcq August 17, 2013

Amazing tv show watch it

Amazing tv show I watched all the episodes on Netflix I got so made I'm like o my gosh no the shows over its addicting I watched 45 episodes in a week love the show
Teen, 15 years old Written by47rachez December 31, 2011

it's a bit innapropriate

the show is really good, but it is a little innapropriate
Kid, 10 years old October 30, 2010

lol

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! melissa makes rude comments 2 joey like, hes bald! buttface! screw u! stuff like that. overall a really funny good time!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old August 20, 2010

Tweenage sh0w

This show is soo funny. Mellissa and Joey are a perfect match!
Kid, 12 years old December 30, 2015

I love LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Melissa and Joey

Melissa and Joey is very funny for starters. Some of the humour may not be very understandable for younger viewers who are under the age of 9. Melissa Joan Hart and Joey Lawrence are one of my favourite actors. The story line is excellent! Mel's sister Meredith is arrested for being a criminal along aside her husband. Meredith's daughter and son then had to go to their aunt (Melissa/Mel) who then took them in. However Melissa was not quite ready to look after them on her own, so she hired a nanny (Joey/Joe).
Parent Written byNats10 October 25, 2015

Extremely Entertaining

I watched it with my 10 and 13 year old daughter's. It is a very entertaining show. It shows a lot of struggles that teenagers have in a very humorous way. We enjoyed every minute of it. At times though my 10 year old may have been too young for the content. They mostly innuendo's that she hopefully never even understood. I found that season four became a bit more sex orientated. With Mel and Joe as a married couple, as well as the two kids sexual encounters. Who are obviously much older teenagers. Sometimes felt a bit uncomfortable to watch with my girls. But over all I really enjoyed the show and was disappointed that there were no more seasons.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypetermacz February 26, 2015

Good for 13+, and iffy for 12

I watched this season on Netflix and caught up to it, and now I'm watching it while it airs, it is getting more and more dark each season, but it does have some good values, and it's funny. I would say it's good for 13+ saying it was meant for adults.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPotterheadWhovian104 October 15, 2014

Melissa and Joey!!!

Okay, so I saw the review on here and decided to start watching it, and it's super good. I loved Melissa Joan Hart on Sabrina (the teenage witch) and I love her on this show as well. Melissa and Joey are adults and they do make sexual jokes, but if you're comfortable with that, most teens should find this a funny and enjoyable show.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byDaddyFlip October 10, 2010

Great sitcom- my family's favorite show

My daughter and I can't get enough of this series. I have it on DVR and have seen the first nine episodes twice- they can't make them fast enough for us. While I wish they would tone down the language- it's just not necessary to make these scripts shine- it's not a deal breaker (we do not use any "language" in my home, so even the light stuff stands out). The other thing I hope to see go soon is Mel's references to her sordid past. While it is true that people can change for the better, and this is a good message, Mel isn't all THAT better yet. At some point, she needs to move on and quit bringing up how bad she was and concentrate on how she should be- so she can set the right standard for her niece and nephew. It seems her style of guardianship is "at least you didn't do this", which is a parental cop-out. Joe does a better job of directing the family, but he's not perfect either. Despite its shortcomings in some areas, this is a spectacular sitcom that I hope will run for awhile. This is the only ABC Family show I allow in my house- the rest is trash that is not age or family appropriate at all. This one is a gem that I highly recommend for high schoolers.
Teen, 13 years old Written byirishabby September 16, 2010

ok

its good.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycarleyandrews September 16, 2010
it is so so but i would watch it!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMegan Drago September 16, 2010
i love this show
Kid, 12 years old September 10, 2010

Very cute show! Love it!

Teen, 17 years old Written bykkmovie August 19, 2010

Older kids and Adults will enjoy. Kids not so much...?

I loved the show. I saw the movie they were in and it was great. This show was awesome too. It's more of a teen+ show. I personally don't think it's a kid show at all. Plus, it's a show similar to "Who's the Boss". Overall it's a really good. It's about a family dealing with typical issues. Kids might be disinterested???