All member reviews for Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers

Cheesy fantasy violence lacks real consequences.

Adult Written byreeseoliver. May 27, 2014

MMPR

I loved this show.I would it every day when it on fox kid i love the classic mighty morphing Power Rangers,they are the best one
Teen, 16 years old Written byDuper_Drew July 31, 2012

I'm not a huge Power Rangers fan,but this show is awesome!

WHY DOES THIS GET TWO STARS?! I know CSM hates Power Rangers,but really?! This show was so cool! I'm not a PR fan,but I for 1 enjoyed this show,while it lasted.
Parent Written byEmilieBF July 19, 2012

...

Parent Written bysumoni May 20, 2012

Diversity and equality

An action packed show that will be loved by boys and girls a like. One of the few shows back in the day that had diversity and treated girls as equals. Teamwork plays a very big importance and friendship as well. Some kids may want to mimic the kicks and punches done in the show, but if they play safely there's really no harm. I certainly never desired to actually punch a friend in the face from watching it. Although there are a few issues with costumes in the original cast. The asian in yellow and african american in black....trust me, you'll get over it. There are some important lessons taught, such as recycling. Each character also seems to offer something to their community. Which is great role modeling.
Adult Written byScienceman300 December 26, 2011

My Childhood

to all you people reading this, I grew up with Power Rangers since the age of 3. I have to tell you this show was a huge inspiration on my life and others like me. It was because of this show that i decided to go in and study martial arts. This show was inspirational, funny, and good for kids of all ages. In my opinion, today parents blame the television for teaching bad habits onto their kids, when parents are the ones who are supposed to help and guide their kids on the road of right. Power Rangers is more than just a show about teenagers in spandex, it is a show of how young adults deal with real-life situations that you or your kids have gone through in the past and present. So i said don't be so quick to write it off.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycherrycoke347 December 18, 2011

BORING! Zzz......Zzz.......

This is the worst Power Rangers series I've ever watched. I started watching it on Netflix, but it SUCKS. Jungle Fury is the best Power Rangers series.
Kid, 10 years old June 25, 2011

Zzz......

More like Mighty Barfin' Power Rangers
Kid, 12 years old April 11, 2011

Silly fighting kids' show but it sure is funny

Sure it features a lot fighting but it so fake even four year olds will notice that. There's no blood or gore just silly fighting and poor but hilarous one liners.
Teen, 16 years old Written byKnowWhatGood March 31, 2011

Good for 7 and up, not for 4-6

As much as I love this show, it does get a little to violent from time to time. I've seen parents of boys who have let them have action figures and DVDs of the spandexed superheroes. Yes, Power Rangers is for boys, but parents, wait till their about 7 to watch the show. When this began, the ratings went through the roof and toy stores were sold out of the junk.
Kid, 9 years old March 21, 2011

90's violence a hit with boy tweens/teens, not meant for young kids.

As Mighty Morphin' lacks good messages, it does have good models and Fantasy Violence.Since this was the original series, it's great for boys everywhere and tweens.Of course, it does send iffy messages (Teamwork is the only positive one), but the Rangers do whatever it takes to protect the world from evil.Explosions, kicking, punches, and lasers can be seen and heard, violent, but not too violent.There are Power Rangers merchandise everywhere.Starting at age 7, you need parental guidance up until you're 8.But this is a great show, a true original, violent and consumerism or not, still a great show.
Teen, 15 years old Written byRangerTrekkie March 6, 2011

A personal favorite of mine.

Now why would any parent deny their kids the right to watch this show? It is the very essence of childhood. Giant robot fights, cheesy action sequences, two dimentional teenagers with attitude, what more can you ask for? That being said, I did not grow up with this show. Rather, I found the show as a teenager and started watching. I was 14 when I disovered Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, and you know what? I love it! In today's world where everything is dark and edgy, it's nice to be able to lose yourself in a world where the biggest worry in the world is not nessisarily the monster attacking the city, but rather if your high school food festival will turn out alright. I love the villians, I love the heros, I love just about everything this show has to offer. Does it have problems? Sure, loads of them. But instead of other children's shows who ignore their lack of production value, Power Rangers embraces it, and it just makes it a ton of fun to watch. The bad acting, laughable dialouge, the cheesy monsters, it's all wonderful.
Parent Written byfather of a 5yr old February 24, 2011

Should have a rating on commercials for a kids network!

In today's society money is the main issue .how to market and make it. at any costs.wrong placement of commercials in wrong time slots to reel in profit. violence isn't the way by no means and shouldn't be taught our young children. after you can see the results on the news every night!how about letting the parents do the teaching instead of the T.V. just a deep thought of a father that loves his little 5 year old boy and doesn't want it to be filled with the wrong ideas of what to have on a commercial during dora the explorer.
Adult Written byMachete November 27, 2010

its tv y7 for violence but my mom and i dont mind it for the little ones

I know it violent but not 2 violent for a kids show its decent power rangers are for kids. my mom had no problem when i was little so i agree with her
Parent of a 13 year old Written bybigfan100 November 2, 2010

Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers

Look I like Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers as must as the next fan but i also want see the new season of Power Rangers so put it back on XD
Kid, 9 years old October 26, 2010

Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers

A Must Watch For Power Rangers Fans Like Me!..............Watch Power If You Like Disney Channel,Jetix (Disney Xtreme Digital) Or If You Are A Guy Who Likes Some Nice Action.Any Ages Can Watch.2+.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 June 28, 2010

The one that started them all

It's very, very cheesy, and I have a hard time getting through episodes. I like some of the storylines they have, but they seem to focus on the action more than the story. Content-wise, this series isn't too bad; there is violence, as every episode involves a scene with the rangers fighting their enemies with swords, blasters, giant robots, etc., but it's never bloody or anything. Obvious romantic attraction between Kimberly and Tommy. No language or drugs or anything else to worry about.
Adult Written bywaqdes May 8, 2010

Kid, 11 years old May 3, 2010

A Great Action Show

It is currently my favourite tv show. Don't be worried about the action as it is never anything graphic and the Power Rangers never destroy their enemies. It is easily the best Power Rangers show out there.
Adult Written bylocathman May 12, 2009

when is power Ranger comeing back on

when is power Ranger comeing back on is question I ask
Teen, 13 years old Written byDeleteMan April 25, 2009

where the Rangers

hey where my all time favorite super heors the power ranges that go for all them when can we see the new show on XD or 189