All member reviews for Mister Rogers' Neighborhood

Classic series gently promotes social skills, imagination.

Adult Written byrevawave April 9, 2008

Great tv for tots

My 2.5 yr old loves Mr Rogers and so do I. You learn so much on this show, from how to make tortilla chips to seeing trainers work woth killer whales. Excellent show.
Adult Written byJanH April 9, 2008

Teen, 14 years old Written byMetropolisforever December 10, 2009

Beloved Classic of Children's Television

Along with "Sesame Street", "Lassie", and "Captain Kangaroo" (which seems to have vanished from the face of the Earth), "Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood" is perhaps the most well-known, beloved children's television program ever seen on American airwaves. As one of the longest-running American television series (period), Mr. Rogers introduces themes of kindness, understanding, and issues of importance to preschoolers - all in his trademark gentle, non-confronting manner. For example: in certain episodes, he shows kids how divorce is a "grown-up decision" and how it's "not the kids' fault". Rogers does not condemn nor support the practice of divorce. He does not preach religion or politics to his audience. Rather, he simply explains it in a manner that preschoolers can understand, making sure his audience walks away feeling better about the whole situation. Mr. Rogers is always a comforting presence, and Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood deserves its status as a timeless classic of children's entertainment. There is absolutely nothing that could possibly be considered objectionable in any of these episodes.
Teen, 14 years old Written byILUVMEAT April 9, 2008

Great show but for 10-

I watched this a few days ago and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I know its for little kids but Ive never really seen it so I watched it. Afterwards I assumed he had died and to my surprise, he had. Its educational for youth and teaches life lessons.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byTsion April 9, 2008

I Can't Begin to Recommend This Series Enough!

The best young children's series on TV. Nothing at all bad. Highly, highly, highly recommended!
Adult Written byDejavu April 9, 2008

Teen, 14 years old Written bybroadwaykat April 9, 2008

great for younger kids

i used to watch this show when I was little and I would recomend to any kid under the age of eight.It is also a great way for young children to learn manners
Kid, 9 years old September 24, 2010

It was perfect for me when i was a tiny one. hehe.
Adult Written byBonniesays April 9, 2008

Too bad there aren't many shows like this

This is a great show for preschoolers. It really addresses issues that are of concern for children this age, in a way that they can understand. The pace is not rushed and the material is top rate. It is too bad that only a few episodes are available as videos.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysuitelife April 9, 2008

Teen, 17 years old Written byDreamCatcher68 April 9, 2008

Still the best.

This was my favourite show when I was little. I used to watch it everday, and I'm sad that Mr. Rogers died, because this show is great for kids. I learned a lot from it when I was little. Truly the best!
Parent of a 2 year old Written byrubyred August 29, 2009

Very good for small children

My 2-3 year old watches this whenever it comes on. It is such a quiet, slow paced show, and my child sits down quietly and watches the program. He really listens to Mr. Rogers and loves the trolley. I believe these quiet type programs will help our children to be quiet peaceful type children. All the shows that yell at our children loudly, like some sort of aroebics PE teachers, are helping our children become loud shouting type of people. Its not okay. We need to teach our children how to find peace, especially within themselves. If they can do that, they can remain stable and find peace as adults. You won't be scared sending them off to college, guys.
Parent of a 2 and 5 year old Written bycwyatt June 17, 2011

Great preschool TV!

My memories dislike the make-believe part. I forgot how good the rest of the show was. Fred is always visiting musicians and neat people. There are always great factory tours on 'picture-picture'. My 5 year old knows how trumpets are made, wagon are made, crayons, construction paper, bass violins, and more. Wow! That's educational. When nap time went away, reading books and Mr. Rogers has provided some quiet time in our busy preschool day.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byEDanner July 15, 2009

Best Children's Show, Ever.

I watched Mr. Rogers as a child, and was delighted to find it was still airing (although quite disappointed at how few times a week). The calm pacing of the show is inviting and comforting to small children (and their stressed parents). The factory tours are interesting for all ages, the land of make believe is engaging, and everyone can appreciate being told that they are liked for who they are. The songs are timeless, as are the themes of dealing with emotions, fears, and other issues important to the business of growing up. One of the few children's shows that says it's okay to be angry, you just need to know how to deal with your own anger; a lesson many adults could use. The world would be a much nicer place if everyone spent a little time watching this show.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 February 24, 2011

Slow-paced series for kids

It's not as fast-paced as the other shows for kids. However, some kids may like it. Mr. Rogders was always a good role model for kids (lots of people were probably upset about his death). Even though it's a kids show, parents may like it better.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPrincessNoriBori February 19, 2011

Oh, I love it.

So sweet, so perfect. Love.

perfict for all ages.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

always learning something new

i sit and learn along with my children with mr rogers. he teaches everything from how they make crayons to potty training.
Adult Written byChariot April 9, 2008