All member reviews for Mister Rogers' Neighborhood

Classic series gently promotes social skills, imagination.

Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 February 24, 2011

Slow-paced series for kids

It's not as fast-paced as the other shows for kids. However, some kids may like it. Mr. Rogders was always a good role model for kids (lots of people were probably upset about his death). Even though it's a kids show, parents may like it better.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byrubyred August 29, 2009

Very good for small children

My 2-3 year old watches this whenever it comes on. It is such a quiet, slow paced show, and my child sits down quietly and watches the program. He really listens to Mr. Rogers and loves the trolley. I believe these quiet type programs will help our children to be quiet peaceful type children. All the shows that yell at our children loudly, like some sort of aroebics PE teachers, are helping our children become loud shouting type of people. Its not okay. We need to teach our children how to find peace, especially within themselves. If they can do that, they can remain stable and find peace as adults. You won't be scared sending them off to college, guys.
Adult Written byJanH April 9, 2008

Adult Written byrevawave April 9, 2008

Great tv for tots

My 2.5 yr old loves Mr Rogers and so do I. You learn so much on this show, from how to make tortilla chips to seeing trainers work woth killer whales. Excellent show.
Adult Written bybarneyhater November 30, 2014

IMPRESSIVE

so much good messegagesand rolemodels
Adult Written bySamanthamaster1 November 20, 2014

This is a great show for everyone!

Mister Rogers Neighborhood is a great show for everyone, because, this show provides great role models such as teaching kids to deal with emotions, this show also promotes imagination by going to the world of make believe, which is my favorite part of the show and I also enjoy the piano music they play in the backround and the song at the end of each episode.
Teen, 17 years old Written byHorace Williams November 19, 2014

Amazing.

Mister Rogers' Neighborhood was a fantastic show that everyone would enjoy. I always liked it as a kid. It EXTREMELY educational, and I love the songs and music. I also liked the Neighborhood of Make Believe. Classic PBS show for everyone to enjoy.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDarksouls444 September 11, 2014

THE BEST OF THE BEST!

one of the greastest shows ever given teaches life kindness and how to be responsible
Teen, 15 years old Written byGregoryMccormick123 June 17, 2014

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

I LOVED Mister Rogers Neighborhood as a kid. I still love it, and i'm 15. My favorite parts of the show are when we see how things are made (crayons, bread, toilets, and many more!). I also enjoyed The Neighborhood of Make Believe with Prince Tuesday, Daniel Striped Tiger, and other characters! I also loved the songs they song on the show. The theme song, "Won't you be my neighbor?" was my favorite. Though "It's You I like" and "It's Such a Good Feeling" came close. The spin-off Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, is just terrible. I'm sticking with the original, which is a classic. God bless Mister Rogers.
Adult Written byLowe's man March 30, 2014

much to be gained

If you haven't seen MISTER ROGERS'S NEIGHBORHOOD in ages, it's easy to forget how educational the show is. Mister Rogers and his neighbors and guests show how things are made, what they're used for, etc. The field trips are interesting as well, as they show kids (and adults) places that they otherwise might not see. Mister Rogers also tells his audience that their emotions are ok, that it's their behavior that they need to watch (a message we all occasionally need to hear). The Neighborhood of Make-Believe also does a good job at reinforcing the messages of the day's show, and with a story and characters that kids can relate to and understand. But the best part of the show, at least from my perspective as an adult, is that a job is a job. For example, Mister Rogers doesn't put his doctor on top, Mr. McFeely farther down, his garbage collector on the bottom, etc. In Mister Rogers's Neighborhood, all jobs are important in their own way. This is something we all sometimes need to be reminded of. There are many good things about this show. And if any of you ever go near Latrobe, PA, be sure to stop at the Mister Rogers Visitors Center.
Teen, 16 years old Written bytonytorresan884 December 25, 2013

My timeline in PBS Kids.

1997-2000: The first few years of my life. PBS Kids was doing great. The only bad shows were Barney, Caillou, and Teletubbies. 2000-2005: HALF of PBS Kids' good shows got the can. Boohbah came out and it was bullsh*t. 2005-2008: Sid the Science Kid, Super WHY, Martha Speaks, Wordgirl, and Curious George come out. MS, WG, and CG are great, but StSK and SW are crappy. 2008-2012: Dinosaur Train comes out and it is an abomination, The Cat in The Hat Knows a Lot About That comes out it also sucks t*ts, Daniel Tigers Neighborhood comes out and Fred Rogers is rolling in his grave. 2013-present: Arthur is ruined with its crappy new flash animation and Peg + Cat comes out, which sucks. Anyways, Mister Rogers Neighborhood was a great show. Very educational, positive messages, great messages, and very nostalgic. I also love the songs. This is a REAL little kids show. Not that junk they air today. What they pass off as little kids shows these days, i'll never understand.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus July 14, 2012

Amazing!

Really good! Awesome show for kids!
Teen, 16 years old Written byDrCool May 30, 2012

It's another beautiful day in the niegborhood!

Mister Rogers Neighborhood is a GREAT show from my youth! It is really fun to watch and it is really creative! I recommend it to parents EVERYWHERE!
Teen, 14 years old Written byChris Arnold January 14, 2012

A Review from Someone that Grew up on It.

I am 14, I grew up on it, and I personally think it is the best children's show of all time. I really can't say any more, except that i was sad to see the show fall out of the mainstream. I would love to have my future children growing up on this.
Parent of a 2 and 5 year old Written bycwyatt June 17, 2011

Great preschool TV!

My memories dislike the make-believe part. I forgot how good the rest of the show was. Fred is always visiting musicians and neat people. There are always great factory tours on 'picture-picture'. My 5 year old knows how trumpets are made, wagon are made, crayons, construction paper, bass violins, and more. Wow! That's educational. When nap time went away, reading books and Mr. Rogers has provided some quiet time in our busy preschool day.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPrincessNoriBori February 19, 2011

Oh, I love it.

So sweet, so perfect. Love.
Kid, 9 years old September 24, 2010

It was perfect for me when i was a tiny one. hehe.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMetropolisforever December 10, 2009

Beloved Classic of Children's Television

Along with "Sesame Street", "Lassie", and "Captain Kangaroo" (which seems to have vanished from the face of the Earth), "Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood" is perhaps the most well-known, beloved children's television program ever seen on American airwaves. As one of the longest-running American television series (period), Mr. Rogers introduces themes of kindness, understanding, and issues of importance to preschoolers - all in his trademark gentle, non-confronting manner. For example: in certain episodes, he shows kids how divorce is a "grown-up decision" and how it's "not the kids' fault". Rogers does not condemn nor support the practice of divorce. He does not preach religion or politics to his audience. Rather, he simply explains it in a manner that preschoolers can understand, making sure his audience walks away feeling better about the whole situation. Mr. Rogers is always a comforting presence, and Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood deserves its status as a timeless classic of children's entertainment. There is absolutely nothing that could possibly be considered objectionable in any of these episodes.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byEDanner July 15, 2009

Best Children's Show, Ever.

I watched Mr. Rogers as a child, and was delighted to find it was still airing (although quite disappointed at how few times a week). The calm pacing of the show is inviting and comforting to small children (and their stressed parents). The factory tours are interesting for all ages, the land of make believe is engaging, and everyone can appreciate being told that they are liked for who they are. The songs are timeless, as are the themes of dealing with emotions, fears, and other issues important to the business of growing up. One of the few children's shows that says it's okay to be angry, you just need to know how to deal with your own anger; a lesson many adults could use. The world would be a much nicer place if everyone spent a little time watching this show.