All member reviews for Mistresses (US)

Remake of UK drama has same sexy, mature themes.

Kid, 10 years old June 7, 2013

Wow.

I haven't seen this show yet, but does it REALLY need to have comercials for this show on American Idol? Yeah I REALLY want my little sister to see an ad involving people making out and UNDRESSING EACHOTHER. Kudos to ABC.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBradleyWeiss June 14, 2013

Mistresses!

This show has just begun. Within the first three episodes, it has delivered fairly explicit sex scenes. I cannot believe what ABC is allowing these days. It's mysterious, sexy, and dramatic. I don't LOVE it but it's very good..... so far! 15 & older. Otherwise, no way!
Adult Written byM&M1995 August 16, 2014

Sexy drama with focus on infidelity not intended for children.

Mistresses focuses on the complicated relationships of young couples who are dealing with commitment issues, cheating, deception, and lying. Sexual content is a major component of the series. Expect smooches, undressing, heavy flirting, ogling at half naked bodies, constant innuendo, lesbianism, detailed discussion about the women's sex lives, references to masturbation, and more. Most episodes contain at least one blatant sex scene (sensitive parts are cleverly covered by the sheets), and these scenes usually open or close the episode. If not, there is some implied sex (couples shown in bed together without their clothes on). Some of the women visit bars and strip clubs, dance suggestively, take shots, and a minor character in the show appears to have a drug problem. Although the show features a strong cast of intelligent female leads (one of them is a laywer, another works as a psychologist), their devious behaviour and reprehensible choices are a disappointment. There is a lot of suspense, and there are threats of violence and other dangers present. In my opinion, the acting is spot-on and the cast is perfect. Teens, especially the girls, will most likely enjoy the series.