Brilliant, poignant comedy series has mature content.

Adult Written bymardoggie2013 November 20, 2014
Adult Written byMasonSF November 18, 2014

Best among the other sitcom tv show.

As other folks have mentioned that this sitcom is reflecting the American society regardless of what the cons are there or critics are saying about. For me I think Clare is well educated woman that controls their kids by not letting them do all things that they want especially the elder one. Moms should do the same things. Moms should not let their young daughter to be around any young boy because she might ending with some serious issue. I recommend this tv series to all parents. Because I see parents are lack of controlling their kids.
Kid, 12 years old August 17, 2014

Intelligent, but contains sexual content and adult themes

Epicboy21, yet again. It's a nice touch that this show doesn't have a laugh track, and this show is absolutely great. Ty Burrell especially, stands out. So, just saying, that the show is about the extended family of the Pritchetts, the Dunphys and the others (I unfortunately can't remember their last names), but their names are Mitchell and Cameron. It's really funny. Any objectionable content? Well, if you think that adult themes are bad, confusing or even sad for your children, I'm about to say something that might shock you, but this show makes it look normal. Homosexuality and gay people dating. By the way, don't worry about that as an objectionable thing: of course, one episode shows them kissing behind two people. But still, don't worry. Innuendoes include Ariel Winter referencing "under-the-shirt-action", possibly referring to breast masturbation. Language includes "b****", "crap", "d*mn" and "h*ll", similar language like that. Drugs? I don't remember any, apart from alcohol use. Nudity? Bleeped. Including Julie Bowen and Ty Burrell (Season 4, "Nude Year's Eve".) Not only is the lack of laugh track good, the laughs are good themselves, including a violent gag involving play guns. Anyway, thank you for reading.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykinzinti July 13, 2014

LOVE IT!!

This show is flat out HYSTERICAL! I definitely say it's fine for kids ten+, but there is one episode where the tooth fairy is brought up and another when a couple is in the bedroom when they're kids walk in on them but other than that it's AMAZING!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bywork like a tiger July 12, 2014

BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I started watching this show a couple of years ago and immediately LOVED it!!! Every episode is absoultly halarious.I can't stop laughing.I have no problem with the gay couple and don't mind seeing them kiss once in a while.It is such a great show.I recommend it to 11 year olds.The show is soooooooo FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 9 years old June 24, 2014

13 and up?!?!?!

im 9 and i was watching this show since i was 7 there is not much bad anything bad about it sure theres language and drinking but its not bad the show is my favorite show and i love it
Kid, 11 years old June 18, 2014

Amazing!!

(Ages at time of writing - season 5) This is, with absolutely no doubt, the best show on TV. Filled with laughter and the odd tear-provoking scene, Modern Family is the perfect show. Jay Pritchett sits at the head of the family tree. He divorced his wife Dede years ago who he had two children, Claire and Mitchell, with. He later re-married Gloria, who is a lot younger than him. He is now the stepdad of 14-year old Manny and father of Gloria's and Jay's baby Fulgencio (Joe). Claire married Phil Dunphy, and they have three children: 18-19 year old Haley, 16 year old Alex (female) and 14-year old Luke. Mitchell is in a relationship with, and SPOILER ALERT in season 5 married Cam (male) they are the gay couple. They adopted a Vietnamese girl, 6 year old Lily. I cried watching the wedding episode - not because I am homophobic like SOME, because it was so sweet and heartfelt and I am going to cry again... Jay is homophobic and in the episode Message Received (just before Cam and Mitch got married) he said that he was uncomfortable with the idea of gay marriage, which I also cried at. This is a very funny and sometimes sad show. WATCH!
Teen, 15 years old Written byleah15leah June 10, 2014

A little sophisticated

There is sexual references. "Jay" is showing negative behavior and lack of communication which can send the wrong message. Haley is a partying 18 year old girl.
Teen, 14 years old Written byilikepie367 June 3, 2014

Great Show

it's very funny and interesting, great plots and very enjoyable
Kid, 11 years old May 18, 2014

Tear-inducing show that will crack you up!

Enjoyable comedy that is never halting you make you laugh! Me and my family love this show, with all of it's constant puns and such. Kids who watch this have to be mature, however.
Kid, 11 years old April 1, 2014

Love love love love love love love etc.,

I loooooove this show so much it's hilarious!!! My friends recommended this to me and I was like what the heck is modern family it sounds crap they had practically freaking heart attacks lol anyway I went home and recorded it cos it was on at nighttime then watched it and I COULD NOT STOP LAUGHING. oh wow there are gay people. Lovely now go please move to the real world! Toddlers know about homosexual love - watch Kids React to Gay Marriage on YouTube by TheFineBros and five year olds know about it and all except one accept it! And the one who doesn't is like five and probably doesn't understand as well as older people would. Anyway modern family is my favourite show tied with The Big Bang Theory on E4 and of course Sofia the First and Peppa Pig on Disney and Nick Jr! Seriously they are hilaaaarious! Anyway back to modern family, um age rating well it is definitely okay for 12+ and about 90% of ten-eleven year olds apart from ones who have been living in a cave for most of their lives or something. Maybe nine year old but not below. My little brother aged seven sometimes watches it he's not meant to and I wouldn't allow a 7yr old if I was a parent but he watches it on his iPad he doesn't know he's not meant to i definitely wouldn't let my three year old sister watch it anyway she's bored by it and doesn't really care, ugh how dare she! Anyway great show it's on series link on my tv and I am pretty much GLUED to TV now
Kid, 11 years old February 11, 2014

Love It

This Is Great for young teens or tweens but some episodes are for mature audiences but nothing too concerning. Im 11 and love watching it. Drinking isn't too bad but at some points Teen Haley is seen drunk or drinking underage but she does get consequences. Nothing sexual or nudity only loving moments with couples. At some points the people are supposedly naked but you don't see anything graphic. This is a great laugh but also mature so make sure your kids are mature and know about what they are watching. Hope this helps kids and adults.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAgeRestrictionUSA February 10, 2014

Very Good

"Modern Family" is a very funny TV Show but is only suitable for 12+. With mild language such as "bitch" "ass" and "bastard" and stereotypical of gay people
Teen, 14 years old Written byAsherhen December 31, 2013

Good, funny, but questionable.

Teen, 16 years old Written byEntertaimentCritic88 November 26, 2013

Funny.

Has some mature content, but it's not THAT vulgar. I like lots of vulgar shows anyways. I like Modern Family. It's hilarious, the actors do a very good job, and I like the characters. Probably the best show on ABC. It's pretty d**n good.
Kid, 12 years old November 25, 2013

Modern Family is still Modern

This TV show is hilarious, and funny for anyone older than 12! Mostly everyone in the show have something good about them, though some make bad mistakes. There's offhand language here and there, and some things have double meanings, but this show is awesome and very relatable.
Kid, 11 years old August 10, 2013

It's really depends on your child

One of the most loved sitcoms on American tv, my parents and I are obsessed by this show. I have seen pretty much every episode several times. There are some episodes which are not totally G-rated. I think I'm pretty mature for my age, and understand all the humor, but I know my parents aren't always comfortable with my seeing some of the story strands. So it's really up to you, I love this show, as I'm able to relate to 'Luke' and 'Manny', as I'm quite close to them in age. I would consider this probably my as fav show, and your child might too!
Kid, 11 years old July 25, 2013

OMMGGGGG!

This show is HILARIOUS! It makes me laugh sooo loud every time I watch it! I understand the jokes and I am only 11. Great show. Some episodes aren't the most appropriate but most are ok under supervision.
Teen, 14 years old Written byemeraldsparkles123 February 26, 2013

modern family appropriate

with this show it really depends on the child but when it comes to it there is almost no innapropriate material. is okay for preteens and a little under. it is a brilliant show
Teen, 14 years old Written byCaitie11 October 21, 2012

MODERN FAMILY!

I love it! But I think for 12 or 13 and up!