All member reviews for Modern Family

Brilliant, poignant comedy series has mature content.

Teen, 16 years old Written byWestbrook2001 April 17, 2012

love it

love it
Teen, 13 years old Written byxtreme-emma April 14, 2012

Modern Family for a sophisticated Kid

I watch it, and I think it is hilarious. I am a sophisticated girl, so I can handle the things like the adults sometimes swearing or drinking. Not too bad swears, but still. Mostly, they aren't about that. It is usually about a family that has funny problems of mishaps.
Kid, 11 years old April 12, 2012

Great for the whole Family!

Contains: drinking, language, s-x, (minor) violence, positive role model(s), and positive message(s). In each episode their is comedy, drama, a good message, and real family battles and fun. All families have ups and down, are big and small, have older people and younger. An average american family fight with their partner, boss, and kids. Their are three different families so you're bound to relate to at least one them. Kids and teens can see the typecasting is only for comedic value. It's a really good show. It's only thirty minutes and funny kids won't squirm. With a mostly adult cast and dramatic storyline so adults will be interested. As well as announces like bosses and teachers and positive role models and real messages so you won't find it cheesy. Check it out on ABC or online.
Teen, 14 years old Written byoOSlowMotionOo March 3, 2012

Amazing

Love it. It really is realistic. Although jokes sometimes fall flat, it's a heartwarming show.
Teen, 14 years old Written byfunandgames97 February 18, 2012

Best show on TV!

This is a really good show with funny characters and interesting plots. However, it does contain mild language and sexual behavior. Overall, it's a hilarious show and I would recommend it to almost anyone.
Kid, 11 years old February 12, 2012

Hilarious! But not for little kids.

Modern Family is a funny show, but its for adults or very mature kids. There is lots of sexual refrences, and some swearing, so as long as your kids know not to repeat the stuff they say its ok.
Kid, 12 years old February 4, 2012

AWESOME SHOW!

I love this show. It's extremely funny, and my whole family enjoys it. I have read some negative comments about the "Modern" family aspect. We should accept everyone for who they are! Gay or straight, it doesn't matter. It's the 21st century! ALL types of families are unique and great in their own ways. :)
Kid, 10 years old January 29, 2012

Pretty Impressive

I think this show is hilarious, and I know I'm just a kid, but I've seen worse. This show isn't a for everyone, but it hits the spot for some people.
Kid, 10 years old January 29, 2012

MY fave Show, Know YOUR Child.

You need to know your child. If you walk into my school, most kids already know about sex and stuff like that. This is my favourite show and if you can look past the "bad" parts, you'll find it hilarious as well.
Teen, 15 years old Written bykurban January 19, 2012

Show is all laugh; nothing serious pre/teens can't watch

This show will have you rolling on the ground laughing. There will obviously be some sex-related content, but that is not the show's focus. Watch it once with the whole family and you'll be hooked.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHeq073198 January 14, 2012

SO FUNNY

@csparenteducator My family is considered traditional, we are devout Christian, and we still love this show. My favorite is Phil. I cannot even explain how hilarious. Best Phil quote ever: *Phil backs into the driveway with really long planks of wood in the open trunk of his car* Claire: Phil! This is even more dangerous than the time you came home on a hang glider! Phil: Those geese would have followed me all the way to the woodlands. Claire: You would have died. Phil: *looks dramatically into the distance* A hero. I was on the floor crying I laughed so hard! Truly I think it's for non-homophobic families with mature children only.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybookworm:) January 6, 2012

Highly Recommended!

I absolutely adore this show! Some episodes are hilarious, some are heartwarming. Modern Family really shows how a large and dysfunctional family can love and be there for each other through thick and thin. It's fun to watch as a family, to identify with the hilarious characters. MF is amazing.
Kid, 12 years old January 4, 2012

HA HA Ha HA

I think this show is so funny!!!
Kid, 11 years old December 29, 2011

Funny but not for young kids.

It is extremely funny, but there are lots of innapropriate refrences and uses of b---h, d--n, and h--l and sometimes a-s and b-stard are heard too. If your kids are 11 or older you should consider letting them watch this.
Teen, 14 years old Written byParamoreAndMe37 December 23, 2011

Awesome show.

This show is just so funny! The language is a bit too bad sometimes, with some "son of a b*tch" and "we love the f-word", but overall this is a great comedy, perfect for teens and it was really well produced.
Kid, 12 years old December 18, 2011

the best!!

the best tv show on air.
Kid, 10 years old December 14, 2011

Not so innapropriate

A lot of high school dating and stuff like that the rest really isn't that bad
Teen, 13 years old Written bymovieloverluvluvluv November 24, 2011

love this show

good show 4 mature tweens and up luv it luv it my fav show watch it every week the comedy is the bomb and the plot is amazing no better show!
Kid, 11 years old October 18, 2011

Hilarious show has language issues.

Its the best show on TV, but ive only watched the 1st season. My parents made me completley skip the valentines day one, and they also made me skip through some parts in moon landing. The langauge is stuff like son of a b---h and h-ll, but ive heard b-----d in a few episodes. Lots of S content. Some episodes have violence, but all of it is meant to be funny.
Kid, 10 years old August 20, 2011

great show!

Modern Family is my thirteen year old's favorite show. It keeps her laughing.