Brilliant, poignant comedy series has mature content.

Teen, 14 years old Written byilikepie367 June 3, 2014

Great Show

it's very funny and interesting, great plots and very enjoyable
Kid, 11 years old May 18, 2014

Tear-inducing show that will crack you up!

Enjoyable comedy that is never halting you make you laugh! Me and my family love this show, with all of it's constant puns and such. Kids who watch this have to be mature, however.
Kid, 11 years old April 1, 2014

Love love love love love love love etc.,

I loooooove this show so much it's hilarious!!! My friends recommended this to me and I was like what the heck is modern family it sounds crap they had practically freaking heart attacks lol anyway I went home and recorded it cos it was on at nighttime then watched it and I COULD NOT STOP LAUGHING. oh wow there are gay people. Lovely now go please move to the real world! Toddlers know about homosexual love - watch Kids React to Gay Marriage on YouTube by TheFineBros and five year olds know about it and all except one accept it! And the one who doesn't is like five and probably doesn't understand as well as older people would. Anyway modern family is my favourite show tied with The Big Bang Theory on E4 and of course Sofia the First and Peppa Pig on Disney and Nick Jr! Seriously they are hilaaaarious! Anyway back to modern family, um age rating well it is definitely okay for 12+ and about 90% of ten-eleven year olds apart from ones who have been living in a cave for most of their lives or something. Maybe nine year old but not below. My little brother aged seven sometimes watches it he's not meant to and I wouldn't allow a 7yr old if I was a parent but he watches it on his iPad he doesn't know he's not meant to i definitely wouldn't let my three year old sister watch it anyway she's bored by it and doesn't really care, ugh how dare she! Anyway great show it's on series link on my tv and I am pretty much GLUED to TV now
Kid, 11 years old February 11, 2014

Love It

This Is Great for young teens or tweens but some episodes are for mature audiences but nothing too concerning. Im 11 and love watching it. Drinking isn't too bad but at some points Teen Haley is seen drunk or drinking underage but she does get consequences. Nothing sexual or nudity only loving moments with couples. At some points the people are supposedly naked but you don't see anything graphic. This is a great laugh but also mature so make sure your kids are mature and know about what they are watching. Hope this helps kids and adults.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAgeRestrictionUSA February 10, 2014

Very Good

"Modern Family" is a very funny TV Show but is only suitable for 12+. With mild language such as "bitch" "ass" and "bastard" and stereotypical of gay people
Teen, 14 years old Written byAsherhen December 31, 2013

Good, funny, but questionable.

Teen, 16 years old Written byEntertaimentCritic88 November 26, 2013

Funny.

Has some mature content, but it's not THAT vulgar. I like lots of vulgar shows anyways. I like Modern Family. It's hilarious, the actors do a very good job, and I like the characters. Probably the best show on ABC. It's pretty d**n good.
Kid, 12 years old November 25, 2013

Modern Family is still Modern

This TV show is hilarious, and funny for anyone older than 12! Mostly everyone in the show have something good about them, though some make bad mistakes. There's offhand language here and there, and some things have double meanings, but this show is awesome and very relatable.
Kid, 9 years old October 24, 2013

So funny! Really for 12+ but still good! There is some language, sex talk, and drinking.' *thumbs up* Still FUNNIEST THING EVER!
Kid, 11 years old August 10, 2013

It's really depends on your child

One of the most loved sitcoms on American tv, my parents and I are obsessed by this show. I have seen pretty much every episode several times. There are some episodes which are not totally G-rated. I think I'm pretty mature for my age, and understand all the humor, but I know my parents aren't always comfortable with my seeing some of the story strands. So it's really up to you, I love this show, as I'm able to relate to 'Luke' and 'Manny', as I'm quite close to them in age. I would consider this probably my as fav show, and your child might too!
Kid, 11 years old July 25, 2013

OMMGGGGG!

This show is HILARIOUS! It makes me laugh sooo loud every time I watch it! I understand the jokes and I am only 11. Great show. Some episodes aren't the most appropriate but most are ok under supervision.
Teen, 14 years old Written byemeraldsparkles123 February 26, 2013

modern family appropriate

with this show it really depends on the child but when it comes to it there is almost no innapropriate material. is okay for preteens and a little under. it is a brilliant show
Teen, 14 years old Written byCaitie11 October 21, 2012

MODERN FAMILY!

I love it! But I think for 12 or 13 and up!
Teen, 13 years old Written byKorbyn September 27, 2012

Great

This is a great TV show for family's. The first season was very conservative, and good for anyone over 8, but the following seasons lead up to more mature material. The current seasons are for any kid over the age of 12.
Teen, 14 years old Written bym.rs July 8, 2012

12 and up

This is very show funny
Teen, 13 years old Written byStoddert June 11, 2012

Very Funny!

Modern Family is a wonderful show that encourages diversity. Though, all the families are quite rich and live in large expensive houses. Overall it's definitely worth watching!
Teen, 16 years old Written byWestbrook2001 April 17, 2012

love it

love it
Teen, 13 years old Written byxtreme-emma April 14, 2012

Modern Family for a sophisticated Kid

I watch it, and I think it is hilarious. I am a sophisticated girl, so I can handle the things like the adults sometimes swearing or drinking. Not too bad swears, but still. Mostly, they aren't about that. It is usually about a family that has funny problems of mishaps.
Kid, 11 years old April 12, 2012

Great for the whole Family!

Contains: drinking, language, s-x, (minor) violence, positive role model(s), and positive message(s). In each episode their is comedy, drama, a good message, and real family battles and fun. All families have ups and down, are big and small, have older people and younger. An average american family fight with their partner, boss, and kids. Their are three different families so you're bound to relate to at least one them. Kids and teens can see the typecasting is only for comedic value. It's a really good show. It's only thirty minutes and funny kids won't squirm. With a mostly adult cast and dramatic storyline so adults will be interested. As well as announces like bosses and teachers and positive role models and real messages so you won't find it cheesy. Check it out on ABC or online.
Teen, 14 years old Written byoOSlowMotionOo March 3, 2012

Amazing

Love it. It really is realistic. Although jokes sometimes fall flat, it's a heartwarming show.