All member reviews for Monk

Witty crime drama too highbrow for most kids.

Teen, 13 years old Written bykms4dance April 9, 2008

great show!

its funny and entertaining!
Teen, 14 years old Written byhorselover326 April 9, 2008

Best show around

This is a great show that the whole family can enjoy. Every Friday me my mom and my brother always watch it. You grow to love Monk. tony Shaloub is perfect for the part. He deserved all the awards he got for it. It's not innapropriate at all except for the occasional mildly graphic murder scene which is over in about two seconds. 11+
Kid, 12 years old October 21, 2013

A fun TV show for you and your family

I personally LOVE these films, and I watch them frequently with parents and younger brother. Though he is ten, i still think it is a puse for 11 and under. There is normally a brief violent scene at the beginning of the movie, and it can sometimes be stomach-wrenching, depending on the episode. There is mild infrequent language, along with some sexual references and/or suggestions. So, overall, know your child 11 and under, this film may include some mature themes/references. I rate this 3 out of 5 stars because sometimes the overall theme, or "why" this or that happened is not very relevant or realistic (as if this were to happen in real life). But this stomach-churning, funny, and mysterious TV thriller will leave you at the edge of your couch for the whole second half of the film.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysisterwhocares October 27, 2011

Clever Show with Amazing Acting

I've noticed that Common Sense Media has been surprisingly vague on the content on this show, so allow me to clarify. There are just occasionally mild sexual references (including people shown in bed, but no underwear/nudity is shown, and this is only occasionally) and the language is also mild and often infrequent (a**, son of a b****, d*** it). They also show people being shot or stabbed and some dead bodies, but it is usually not very graphic. Overall, it is a very, very clever show that is well made, well acted, and quite funny too. Monk is an endearing character who brings plenty of wit to the screen and his brilliant expertise. This show is, overall, outstanding and I would recommend it to any teen who likes to watch/read Sherlock Holmes and other detective stories.
Kid, 8 years old August 8, 2009

Teen, 13 years old Written bylaughalot June 11, 2009

Great!

This show is great! it has some violence that could be a little creppy for kids that are under ten, but even then parents could fastforward past the murder sences and just watch how they solve the case with there kids. There is also a little language, but nothing that bad.

funnist show on television!!!!!

Great!

The title says it all
Adult Written bydharvell April 9, 2008

This Show Has Potential

The characters are very well written, as is the plot line. The only real thing holding me back from whole-heartedly recommending this show is the graphic violence. This includes a scene where a woman is dismembered in a garage, blood splashing all over the windows. At that point, the show went off our TV for good. If they could find a way to portray the murders in a less graphic way, this show would be awesome.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrosegurl772 April 9, 2008

ADDICTING SHOW!! GREATEST!

I was flipping though the channels about a year ago and I always saw MONK but never actually clicked it. My brother finally clicked it one day. I was addicted right away. I love it now! The games on the site are also great. I think this is a great show even for little kids- except the dead people of coarce but I don't find anything wrong with that. BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!!!!! I used to watch Disney Channel but I really haven't watched that latly because I watch Adian Monk on MONK!! BEST SHOW EVER!! I think I'm OCD now because I'm sooo addicted! LOVE HIM!
Educator and Parent Written byCommonSenseChristian December 31, 2012

Solve the Case--But Do Your Detective Work First

I give this crime show five stars because it's probably the only one on TV a Christian woman (and other discerning families) can watch for longer than 10 minutes without flinching. Monk is by turns endearing and annoying, and may be considered a positive influence on disability in the media. His way of solving cases will also hook anybody with the slightest "geek streak." The guy is delightfully human; who else stops a summation of a quadruple homicide to chastise a subway urinator? :) Being centered on murder, violence is a concern, although the camera is generally quite discreet for the genre. Capt. Stottlemeyer likes to indulge in profanity (SOB is about as rough as it gets, but still, it's there). Monk's assistant Sharona is fond of showing a little cleavage, and it's lightly implied she's had a promiscuous past. Murder victims are sometimes seen in bikinis, and affairs are often murder motives. Young kids shouldn't watch for these reasons, and because, as one reviewer noted, the show's premise is probably way over their heads. If you're a mature teen or adult, and either one of you is in need of something clean, yet intriguing, go for it.
Kid, 10 years old January 31, 2010

Apropriate for mature tweens but no younger.

I don't think that Monk is a bad show... of course that's my opinion and all people have one. I never saw anything that I could point out as questionable. In most mystery shows there are non child- friendly so-to-speak. I'm sorry it ended.
Kid, 11 years old December 5, 2009

Nice clean mystery/comedy

I love monk i have watched it since i was 4! Little kids can not really understand it. it really is not that violent but some episodes can get a little scary.
Kid, 11 years old November 13, 2009

Amazing!!! Great!!!

This is an awesome show! It's one of my favorites! It is really funny and entertaining! It is a little violent...but it is a crime show... I think this show is really good!
Teen, 13 years old Written byThinker96 September 8, 2009

WHAT?!?!?!?!

Way, way, WAY milder then when the show started. Dale the Whale is disgusting, but the murders aren't even that grisly anymore. In the 1-3seasons my family would just skip the hiccup (because it was usually that murder scene) which was fine cuz we didn't wanna know who did it anyway. Now, my 8-year-old sister can see some of the episodes. Just watch the episodes b4 your kids. It's not that bad.
Kid, 12 years old August 20, 2009

Good, Good

Pretty much the same as Psych.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrainpuddle August 5, 2009

Monk

This is a great tv show that is now only a mystery, but also a comedy! I love this show.
Teen, 13 years old Written byvsquadcheer July 24, 2009

Ah-mazing

This is the best murder/crime/detective show on! I mean, it's too bad that its in for its last season...o well... This show is ha-larious and really interesting. I've been wathing it since the third grade and have never missed and episode. All of this show is clean and fine for young kids. I really can find nothing wrong with it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Clever series

This series has got a lot of heart, and is a great mix of comedy, drama, and mystery. Tony Shalhoub is incredible in the title role. And I know no one's asking, but this is a lot better than Psych.
Adult Written byrigreen77 April 9, 2008

Very Good show!

Me and my wife love Monk, it's one of the cleanist shows on!