All member reviews for Monk

Witty crime drama too highbrow for most kids.

Teen, 17 years old Written bybooboostewart1231 November 26, 2011

Great Show Easy to Understand

Monk is great. The way natalie cares about monk is also very positive. The Murders are always solved and that is good for the children that are scared. This show is extremely funny and The characters are all nice to each other.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysisterwhocares October 27, 2011

Clever Show with Amazing Acting

I've noticed that Common Sense Media has been surprisingly vague on the content on this show, so allow me to clarify. There are just occasionally mild sexual references (including people shown in bed, but no underwear/nudity is shown, and this is only occasionally) and the language is also mild and often infrequent (a**, son of a b****, d*** it). They also show people being shot or stabbed and some dead bodies, but it is usually not very graphic. Overall, it is a very, very clever show that is well made, well acted, and quite funny too. Monk is an endearing character who brings plenty of wit to the screen and his brilliant expertise. This show is, overall, outstanding and I would recommend it to any teen who likes to watch/read Sherlock Holmes and other detective stories.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 October 11, 2011

Tony Shalhoub is Brilliant

I don't find anything offending or over-the-top in an episode other than the murder(s). It's really good and Tony Shalhoub is brilliant.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNomad95 August 25, 2011

Brilliant for 14+

The worst i've seen for violence is stabbing and strangling and smears of blood. They're not gratuitous but they are present. There is some swearing and some repeated use of God's name in vain. But don't let that stop your 14+ kids or you from watching, this is definitely a really fun show: its funny, charming, suspenseful and entertaining.The only other things I would warn about is that monk's nurse (sharona) usually wears a slightly lowcut shirt, shes a bit of a flirt but *SPOILER ALERT* she leaves during the 3rd season. Have fun!
Kid, 12 years old May 30, 2011

Good show

Very good show And when i say "noticable product placement" i mean to say they have some products like his "Clorox" wipes and some "Lysol" but over all product placement is not that much of a problem. And when i say bad language i mean that there is the occasionable curse word. And when i say "Too violent" i mean there is a murder in almost every episode (except one). But all things considering it is a very good show and is ON for eleven and up.
Kid, 11 years old May 17, 2011

perfect for tweens not for 9 and below.

Kid, 10 years old May 7, 2011

You'll thank me later!

This is my favorite T.V. show! I watch it every day and I have seen all 126 episodes!
Kid, 9 years old May 1, 2011

awesome tv show

love it it cracks me up because monk is, ya know, monk
Kid, 12 years old March 22, 2011

HAHA

Funny, really makes me laugh
Teen, 17 years old Written byBlue-Bunny January 31, 2011

Love this show to the heck!

I love it. Humorous, and interesting, Monk is a great watch. Adrian is a good role-model because he stops at nothing to figure out each of the problems. Language is so-so, with words, like "b*tch", being used. Dead bodies are shown, which may scare young kids, but it's not too scary. One thing you may not want to follow, Monk has OCD, so he practically cleans everything he sees. He's scared to shake peoples' hands, etc.
Teen, 14 years old Written byht3696 January 28, 2011

funny show!

this is a good show some bad words, and a little violence but thats it
Teen, 14 years old Written byMissMoonie223 January 26, 2011

Great Crime Sitcom

Honestly, I've seen Disney movies (NO, not anything PG-13, try G. Not even kidding) that I won't mention the title/s of, that have more violence and scary themes. Monk is a very funny show, one of my favorites, and it probably has the least amount of blood, violence, and swearing of its kind, heck, of practically ALL shows that aren't say, on Nick or Disney.(or game shows. left that one out)
Kid, 9 years old November 14, 2010

it is the best mystery

it is the best tv show-- funny mystery
Teen, 16 years old Written byLil Booth September 5, 2010

A family show, but not a kiddy show

Monk is one of the best shows out there. It is very smart and sophisticated, but isn't afraid to be silly every now and then. The characters are usually very good at not swearing, and sexual references are few and far between. Two enthusiastic thumbs way up.
Teen, 16 years old Written bykaitlynaline July 25, 2010

Very cute show

Love this show! only bad thing you will see is the crime scene. Absolutely no sex, drugs, and very little violence. The captain cusses occasionally.
Kid, 9 years old July 24, 2010

It's a jungle out there! :)

This show is great, as it appeals to all audiences...however, I wouldn't recommend murder plots to anyone under 8, though. So don't pull out a DVD of it at your local daycare. xD
Kid, 11 years old July 8, 2010

Kid, 12 years old June 15, 2010

More amazing than the Amazing Race!

I love this show! One of my favs! Super!
Kid, 10 years old May 30, 2010

AMAZING SHOW! WATCH IT NOW!

Monk is the greatest show in the history of TV. There are some bloody murders in some episodes (e.g. man falls into trash compactor), but it is mostly minor blood. It's funny and awesome and there are always great mysteries. I always try to guess them before Monk solves them! Too bad it's off the air. But watch and record reruns and buy seasons on DVD! A great show to watch with the whole family!
Teen, 14 years old Written byDak Ordo May 29, 2010