All member reviews for Monk

Witty crime drama too highbrow for most kids.

Teen, 16 years old Written byUnknownpearson June 3, 2013

Ok

Ish-ish
Teen, 14 years old Written byploopy45 June 2, 2013

Good role models

This is a good usa show. Very good story, and very funny. Some of the murders can be quite violent, sometimes to violent for a TV-PG rated show. Some episodes are worse than others as far as language, especially Stottlemeyer likes to use SOB but unfrequently. But Monk is a very good role model for younger kids, he keeps things very clean, he dosnt swear or drink, and is still faithful to his wife even though she has been dead for over 7 years. I would let an 12 year old or a mature 11 year old watch this show.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKenzi333 May 11, 2013

OCD: Obsesive Compulsive Detective

Absolutely hilarious! Shalhoub completely deserves those two Emmys and that Golden Globe, he's amazing as Monk! There is a lot of violence, but it's never too gory. Mostly just you see the body for 30 seconds and then move on. Most 11 year-olds can handle that. Totally recommend this to anyone!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMockingjay333 April 19, 2013

Love this show

This is an amazing and hilarious show! Tony is amazing as Monk!
Parent Written byjjjfffttt February 21, 2013

Love Monk. Can anyone recommend similar shows ???

My 10-year-old and I love it. Can anyone recommend other shows of similar quality for a smart 10-year-old??? I tried Columbo, but it's a bit slow (but still great tv)
Teen, 16 years old Written byrandomswimmer54 September 29, 2012

Favorite Show!

This is one of my favorite shows! My younger sister (she's 12) and I watched every season recently. There is obviously violence because it's a crime show, but nothing too graphic. The show is really funny because the main character is OCD and everything he does is very quirky! I would definitely recommend this to teens and adults, but only let your kids watch it if you are comfortable with them watching.
Educator and Parent of a 6 and 9 year old Written byclcfh August 25, 2012

Some episodes seem fine for a younger audience, with parental guidance

I'm usually pretty cautious about television, and sometimes prefer to wait beyond the ages recommended here, but I'm often OK with letting my almost 10 year old watch pre-screened episodes of Monk with me. Monk is an imperfect hero, which gives us plenty to talk about. We've also looked for the clues, learned new vocabulary, and discussed dated pop culture references. There are plenty of episodes without dating, realistic violence, or other questionable or worrisome topics. That said, there are also episodes where the issues are more serious, children are victims, sexual topics are featured, and the language is a bit less tame. Definitely one for parental guidance with younger viewers, but not off limits in my opinion.
Kid, 12 years old August 2, 2012

BEST TV SHOW EVER MADE!

This show is incredible. In a world of violent crime dramas with too much romance and blood, it stands out like a diamond in the dirt. Mr. Monk is a great person who has never been popular. He has an assistant, Sharona, and then another one named Natalie when Sherona moves. He is a wonderful detective whose wife died because of a car bomb, and since he never found the killer, every day he kept working to help other people. This is the best tv show and movie I have ever watched, and not to brag, but I have good taste. Please watch this. It's wonderful and gives CSI a run for it's money.
Kid, 12 years old March 26, 2012

My favorite show

It is my favorite show - very funny and my sister and I love guessing who committed the crimes and how. The writers are very talented and witty. Monk is my favorite crime-type tv show, and one of the only ones I'm allowed to watch-it is not too violent, and all the humor makes it very light. There really isn't that much innuendo, an dmost of the violence is in the opening scene. Five stars, all the way!
Teen, 13 years old Written byAudreySky1 March 9, 2012

Love this show! Two Thumbs up!

One of my favorite shows! The only thing is it shows violent murders and a lot of them are related to affairs. There are some mentions of sexual behavior. But overall it is so funny and you can always fast forward.<3 =) <3
Kid, 10 years old February 9, 2012

WATCH IT

monk is awesome and most of the dead body scenes are totally fake. plus monk is a great role model, he has a disorder and is the best detective in the country.
Kid, 12 years old November 29, 2011

Monk 101

I absolutely LOVE Monk! It is such a great show and has amazing actors! The language gets out of hand sometimes though.... There is a murder mystery in every episode, so of course there is gonna be stabbing and shooting. The Monk character is such a great actor, and he figures out everything! SO amazing! Definetly watch if 10 or 11+! Thanks for reading! :)
Teen, 17 years old Written bybooboostewart1231 November 26, 2011

Great Show Easy to Understand

Monk is great. The way natalie cares about monk is also very positive. The Murders are always solved and that is good for the children that are scared. This show is extremely funny and The characters are all nice to each other.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 October 11, 2011

Tony Shalhoub is Brilliant

I don't find anything offending or over-the-top in an episode other than the murder(s). It's really good and Tony Shalhoub is brilliant.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNomad95 August 25, 2011

Brilliant for 14+

The worst i've seen for violence is stabbing and strangling and smears of blood. They're not gratuitous but they are present. There is some swearing and some repeated use of God's name in vain. But don't let that stop your 14+ kids or you from watching, this is definitely a really fun show: its funny, charming, suspenseful and entertaining.The only other things I would warn about is that monk's nurse (sharona) usually wears a slightly lowcut shirt, shes a bit of a flirt but *SPOILER ALERT* she leaves during the 3rd season. Have fun!
Kid, 10 years old May 7, 2011

You'll thank me later!

This is my favorite T.V. show! I watch it every day and I have seen all 126 episodes!
Kid, 9 years old May 1, 2011

awesome tv show

love it it cracks me up because monk is, ya know, monk
Teen, 17 years old Written byBlue-Bunny January 31, 2011

Love this show to the heck!

I love it. Humorous, and interesting, Monk is a great watch. Adrian is a good role-model because he stops at nothing to figure out each of the problems. Language is so-so, with words, like "b*tch", being used. Dead bodies are shown, which may scare young kids, but it's not too scary. One thing you may not want to follow, Monk has OCD, so he practically cleans everything he sees. He's scared to shake peoples' hands, etc.
Teen, 14 years old Written byht3696 January 28, 2011

funny show!

this is a good show some bad words, and a little violence but thats it
Teen, 14 years old Written byMissMoonie223 January 26, 2011

Great Crime Sitcom

Honestly, I've seen Disney movies (NO, not anything PG-13, try G. Not even kidding) that I won't mention the title/s of, that have more violence and scary themes. Monk is a very funny show, one of my favorites, and it probably has the least amount of blood, violence, and swearing of its kind, heck, of practically ALL shows that aren't say, on Nick or Disney.(or game shows. left that one out)