All member reviews for Monk

Witty crime drama too highbrow for most kids.

Teen, 13 years old Written byvsquadcheer July 24, 2009

This is the best murder/crime/detective show on! I mean, it's too bad that its in for its last season...o well... This show is ha-larious and really interesting. I've been wathing it since the third grade and have never missed and episode. All of this show is clean and fine for young kids. I really can find nothing wrong with it.
Kid, 12 years old July 14, 2009

Great for smart kids, fun for the whole family

This is my favorite show EVER! Not too violent. Violent scenes usually don't contain blood, it is the crime scenes that have it. Language is rare and mild, sometimes there are drug references only because it is a crime fiction program. The character Monk is a good role model most of the time, and each episode shows that even though he struggles from his phobias, he always stays determined and observant. Sometimes he puts aside politeness for personal reasons.(Could you please just align those flowers, a little to the...wait, wait! Groups of ten!) I always enjoy trying to solve the mystery before my dad and 11-year-old sister. Monk is great family show: funny characters, tons of humor, stimulating mysteries, and virtuous morals. Not all kids will understand the jokes, but if you child is very intelligent and creative, Monk is the perfect family show that will always leave you craving more.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylaughalot June 11, 2009

This show is great! it has some violence that could be a little creppy for kids that are under ten, but even then parents could fastforward past the murder sences and just watch how they solve the case with there kids. There is also a little language, but nothing that bad.
Teen, 16 years old Written bythissiteizretarded February 7, 2009

too awesome for words

this is one of the best shows EVER made! The witty and pathetic character of Monk teaches kids sympathy if you want educational value, but some of the content is pretty deep, especially when Adrian thinks about his wife, or the episode Mr. Monk and the kid. The violence isn't that bad, the most violent epsode is when a woman gets dismembered, but all you saw was blood splash on windows and a super-quick view of the body. (almost no gore) just watch one episode and see for yourselves.
Parent of an infant, infant, 3, and 5 year old Written byMississippiQueen January 7, 2009
Kid, 11 years old January 1, 2009

How is this 14+?

I could not find anything bad about this show besides the violence. It's a funny TV show! It's rated TV-PG!!! If it was for 14 year olds why is it not rated TV-14?
Kid, 12 years old December 31, 2008

Heres the thing, (Monk quote) This show is a crime show, such as CSI and Law and Order, yet it focuses on a single detective who suffers from OCD. Since Monk deals with murders, there will be (limited) blood, dead bodies, etc. There are also a few affair episodes (such as someone killing their spouse so they can marry someone else) There is also (VERY LIMITED) sexual content/references. The language is the most iffy part of the show. Bad language is used throughout the show such as, b---h and b-----d, but also use words such as h-ll and d--m. There are also many alchohol references throughout the show. Keep in mind that the writers are also making fun of a mental illness which might be questionable for some parents. If you can get past all that, Its a wonderful and fantastic show!
Kid, 10 years old December 30, 2008

I watched this when I was 9

There is violence but it is mainly just humor.
Kid, 12 years old December 29, 2008

AWESOME SHOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Action, suspense, and comedy. I think this show is great for parents and kids. In every episode Monk acts the same way, he's scared of shaking someones hand and is also germaphobic. The show also has murder mysteries and very suspensful conclusions. My family and I love the way Monk moves his hands to find clues on the scene. The show has some swears but they're very mild and no sexual content whatsoever! My family and I get many laughs and I think this show is great for everyone 9+ !!
Teen, 15 years old Written byJoey123 December 22, 2008

A clever detective drama

Great show has minor flaws. Swearing is used in each episode. Although most are mild, younger families may not want everyone watching. A few episodes imply or show affairs. The violence is pretty mild, although very sensitive kids may be disturbed.
Kid, 11 years old November 11, 2008

Love it!

I love this show. We have been watching it since I was in second grade.

I love this show!!!!

I think monk is such an interesting show the violence is mild and the language is not bad at all it is a great show for kids 11 and up
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

so cooool

this show makes you think. at the beginning it may be slightly violent. of coarse you are watching a murder mystery show. but that stuff happens. monk is so funny. i started watching this when i was ten and i still luv it. each episode is another adventure. watch it!!!

Great Show

This show rocks! Aside from a little violence, it's a great family show. 11+
funnist show on television!!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written bytrevtenntitans April 9, 2008

Great Show

This show really displays the best things inside of people. Monk has OCD but he overcomes his diability and mental anguish to solve cases because he knows his wife (who was mudered) would want him to. The people around Monk are also very kind. They treat Monk with respect and they don't presure him or treat him unkind even though he can be annoying because of his disorder. The show does contain some violence but the great Social behavior makes up for it. This is a Great show. 10/10
Teen, 15 years old Written byanimalloverkt April 9, 2008

I love this show!

This is SUCH a great show. Monk is so lovable in a Monk-ish kind of way. For example: he gives a talk about being a detective at a local school. He asks how many kids in the class would like to be detectives. Some kids raise their hands, and four kids in a row of five raise their hand. The kid at the end of the row doesn't, and Monk badgers the kid until he raises his hand, making it a perfect row. Also, the person before him handed out laser pens, and the kids all aim the pens at Monk, which drives him crazy. It was so funny to see him scrambling around because of the lasers. He also has an assistant named Natalie who is always around with disinfectant wipes for Monk. She is there to make sure that the OCD doesn't completely ruin his life. It shows the nature of people is generally good, and to accept people with disorders. Great show all around. ^_^

The title says it all
Teen, 15 years old Written bybemyescape April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written bybroadwaykat April 9, 2008

What a perfect show

this show is wonderful although parents may have to explain somthings to younger kids. Older children however will probably enjoy this emensley.