All member reviews for MTV Juvies

Teens get scared straight in MTV reality doc.

Teen, 14 years old Written bysilly_samsters February 11, 2009

Good

This show is really good because it shows if you get into trouble you might just get sent to juvie and it shows that it is not fun at all getting sent there and what happens when you do go there!
Adult Written bysunni47 April 9, 2008

Typical MTV MOrals..none

I have never in all my years found anything good about MTV since 1999. Maybe if they edit it abit and even if they blip out the word, ANYONE can read the words on their lips, we aren't morons...To me, MTV..isn't uplifting for the youth so why subject them to it or let it in your home?
Parent of a 14 and 15 year old Written byLiz Perle April 9, 2008

Adult Written bylzamzow April 9, 2008

NOT REAL!!!!!!

The show insinuates that Juvenile Detention is the same as +18 jail and prison. Yes it may scare some younger audiences into shaping up, since it's still not a joy ride being in there, but one "Juvi" even said, "Now I know what people feel like who are in jail everyday"...and yadda yadda yadda. Sorry hun, but that is NOT the same as real jail or prison...at ALL!!! While some kids may be shocked into reality, I think a lot more might think, "Oh well...that's not that bad"...even if they ARE 18 or older, since "inmates" imply that it's the same as jail/prison. I mean 95% of them don't even stay there for over a couple or 3 days!! I just think that MTV is making way too light of the situation/experience.
Adult Written byJnk April 9, 2008

Don't let this happen to your kid

I think this is a good eye opening show for kids who think about doing crimes that would end them up in a place like juvenile hall! The parents on this show however should wise up and not be so eager to believe their kid won't continue the behavior that landed them in juvenile hall in the first place! Some kids will turn around and change their behavior yet some don't and go back to the bad behavior.
Teen, 14 years old Written byxoxmandylovesyouxox April 9, 2008

must watch.

i absolutely love this show juvies. it shows how one mess up, one stupid mistake can land you in a place like juvie. this show makes me cry because its sad at time but i love to watch it. people realize that one little action can get you arrested just like that. i love this show. MUST WATCH!!!!!
Adult Written byIndymom2 April 9, 2008

Must see TV for parents and teens

As a parent with a teen currently going through the Juvenile Justice system, I was very interested to see this program. Even though they may not show everything that goes on, It was pretty real to life. I look foreward to the sequel.
Adult Written byamorde1 April 9, 2008

Its ok

I like the show just wish it wouldnt repeat so much
Adult Written byamber123 April 9, 2008

Teen, 16 years old Written bymadlake12 April 9, 2008

Teen, 16 years old Written byiluvmysasha4eva April 9, 2008

i watch it all da time

this show is da best on MTV so far...cuz they teach young kids...i mean this show is real too..ppl think it may not be but it is..trust...i mean u can also tell as well...i luv dis show...and if they eva stop it thurr is gonna be a BIG problem lyke w/ da kids on dat show...lol..

Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008

Boring at times, but it does teach teenagers the consequences of rash actions.
Adult Written byDexterSmith April 9, 2008

MTV Juvies

Sexual Content (Not an Issue): None. Violence (Pause): Some of the teens' crimes involve violence. Language (Pause): The occasional hell or damn. Social Behavior (Not an Issue): While the kids have their problems, they usually learn their lesson. Bad attitudes have immediate consequences. Commercialism (Not an Issue): None. Drug/Alcohol/Tobacco (Pause): Some of the teens' crimes involve drugs.