All member reviews for My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding

Voyeuristic look into the world of the American Gypsy.

Teen, 16 years old Written bySummerGaal May 29, 2012

Ahem.

Personally one of my "have to watch" shows, I would be careful with exactly who watched it. There are alcoholics and heavily intoxicated people on some episodes, fighting erupting amongst family members and others, talking about what happens on a honeymoon(Nothing graphic.), outfits leaving nothing to the imagination (On one particular episode, a 14 year old is seen wearing a bejeweled bra, super mini skirt, and sky-high heels.), and some dance in a way that would make a rap video dancer blush. Half of the time, my parents have me closing my eyes or looking away -- despite my age -- or I do it on my own. It all depends on what you mind your children seeing.
Parent Written byfuschia May 6, 2012

Pass

This show is full of drinking, cursing, and very trashy women. It is another show featuring objectification of women and very immature behavior. The women are slutty and the men treat the women and each other badly. There is lots of immature behavior, yelling, cursing, smoking, partying, and women with almost nothing on. The people seem to truely practice very little of their traditional views except for sexism which makes it a bad teaching tool.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHazelle May 26, 2014

It's entertaining.....

It's entertaining if you like reality TV, which I do, but I don't recommend it for kids under 11. They're not really gypsies though, more like trailer trash. I know it sounds bad, but there's quite honestly no other word for it. I haven't seen many episodes because I don't keep up with it but it's got some swearing. I doubt it has drinking and it doesn't have any kissing, because believe it or not these people have "standards".
Teen, 13 years old Written bymayalynn1124 August 13, 2012

it not appropriate for everyone

i enjoy watching the show i wish it were on more often but it isnt all appropriate
Adult Written byTicked off July 30, 2012

pedophile dream

Obviously a pedophile's dream--bet the corporate sponsor and network officials have deeply embedded within them many preverse pedophiles. Boycott sponsors!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 18, 2012

Don't bother.

Awful, and not for kids at all.
Parent Written bySR71 May 4, 2012

Look but don't Touch !

The over the top fairy tale dresses catch your eye first...they are outrageuosly magnificent. It is AMAZING that parents can have that much control of teenange girls in 21st Century America. In an odd way they're similar to the Amish...but blinged up ! Interesting cultural discussion.