All member reviews for My Ghost Story

Show's real-life ghostly encounters get pretty creepy.

Kid, 10 years old December 3, 2011

Nice Show, But Scary Effects to Actually MAKE IT Scary.

Well, I LOVE this show, man! I mean, I understand why commonsensemedia decided to review it for 12+. It actually just depends on how mature the kid/teen watching it is. I really am a bit scared, because when I was watching it I felt something on my back, like two hands pushing me down. But I ignored it. So, I thought it was my imagination, because I was a little scared, so that's why I think it's for 11+. There are MANY sound effects and other effects that make the show scary, so I'm with the rating of the show; Parental Guidance Suggested. Hope this helped!
Teen, 13 years old Written byKyle1414 June 25, 2013

This show is made for teenagers.

The encounters that people have in this show can be extremely creepy. I am in love with ghosts and horror movies, and I may still get creeped out by episodes of this show. Some encounters and quite brutal too. The things that ghosts say on voice recorders can be frightening, and threatening. DO NOT WATCH THIS SHOW UNLESS YOU ARE AT THE AGE OF 13 AND UP!
Kid, 12 years old September 1, 2012

Not for younger kids

I think it is cool and not that scary. I have a wild imagnation but I never had nightmares from this or had trouble sleeping.
Adult Written bySourGalaxy October 11, 2013

Good for everyone who likes the paranormal

This Biography channel reality/documentary type show is fantastic! It focuses on everyday people that want to share their evidence of the paranormal and boy does this show deliver. I have never seen a ghost oriented show that gets this much evidence of the paranormal. The show usually has on 4-5 guests that narrate their ghost story and they also show the evidence they captured. I have seen everything from orbs to full bodied apparitions on this show. Now as for the content, this show may scare younger kids. Some of the stories on this show involve demons, frightening pictures and they often deal with gruesome deaths of the people that may be haunting these locations. The show also features mild obscenities like "what the hell" and "pissed off", stronger words are said less often but they are bleep out. This show can definitely scare younger kids, so parents should watch with their kids. Fans of paranormal-type shows will definitely want to look into this show.