All member reviews for My Gym Partner's a Monkey

Cartoon for tweens is silly but means well.

Kid, 12 years old April 10, 2009

Sex, violence, not a safe school for kids

It has too much adult humour and there are many reasons. In many episodes, the giraffe and some other classmates make out with each other, and in two episodes, it has nudity. It also has violence, and consumerism. In one episode, they go to a restaurant. Adam has to pay a bill, and the show also has excessive name-calling. This show is not for kids.
Adult Written bysickimpulse13 July 13, 2011

This Show Is Awful, Don't Bother Watching It

This show is poorly animated and poorly written. All the humor in this show is potty humor. There is nothing funny about. The concept of the show is stupid. How could a human possibly end up in a school for animals? Why didn't they get him out of there as soon as they noticed their mistake? Why is there even a school for animals if they all live in the zoo? The show has a poor plot and is completely pointless. Jake SpiderMonkey has a disgusting obsession with his butt. All the animals gang up on Adam and harm him on a daily basis. This show is just awful It's not for kids because it has no educational value and it has no entertainment value.Just don't bother with it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMR.Anime April 9, 2008
Teen, 16 years old Written byEntertaimentCritic88 November 27, 2013

Underrated as hell.

This show was awesome. Don't listen to the negative reviews. Just respect my opinion and i'll respect yours. If you disrespect my opinion, then to hell with your opinion. Anyways, I like the animation, humor, and everything.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRainforestGal March 13, 2010

I WISH my gym partner was a monkey!

I think it shows too much butt, other wise I think its cute! I like the idea of having a school for animals. I wish it was on more. I LOVED it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn July 14, 2013

What's with all the hate?

Okay, I can understand some of the hate, because in some episodes the monkey does stuff with his butt, but there's no need to hate on it, it's a funny show.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLu Bu November 22, 2012

Pretty bad and is up there with The Sopranos.

This show sucks, it is a large piece of crap and an uncultured retarded barbarian would know better than to watch this nerve of a show. I thought Flapjack was bad and then I noticed this show full of pee. Can CN make anything worse than this sad garbage.
Kid, 12 years old November 16, 2010

HORRIBLE.

If this was the last show on TV, I would throw out my useless Television (If I had no video games). A monkey showing his butt? What's next? A Rhino pulling his tail? There is no way i'm watching this. My overall score: 0/10
Teen, 17 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... November 12, 2010

this show is just good

this show i fine but its a annoying the monkey is gay becuase the monkey wanna have sex with his butt
Kid, 12 years old August 5, 2010

um plain stupid

i see this sometimes but some episodes are plain stupid the main monkey is obsessed with his bottom its just plain stupid dont see it
Teen, 14 years old Written bySgt-Samson July 3, 2010

A messy show with a lot of weird things

This show is a mess but with a lot of redundancies, stupid things, retarded dialogue, repitative jokes, and more flaws ahead, I would say that this show could've been worse.
Parent Written byhgwqhge03 September 19, 2013

Useless and annoying

it isn't funny and the characters are idiots It makes no sense and there are no jokes except for toilet humor and butt jokes, the monkey is obsessed with his butt and talks about it during 90% of the run time one episode even had so many butt jokes it got banned, seriously, OK i'm done, but before I go, this is BY FAR NOT the worst cartoon network show, but I still cannot believe that this show lasted for 4 seasons and even had a TV Movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byGentlemanWalrus November 26, 2012

Eh?

I watched this when I was about 10.Back then I really didn't care what I watched but coming back and watching it it's not very quality.The aanimation is crude,jokes are mostly puns or butt jokes.Everyone's (particularly the main fellow,Adam) voice is extremely grating except for the giraffe.I don't know about this one.
Teen, 16 years old Written bylovzhisdad October 18, 2012

THIS kind of Crude humor on TV-Y7?

There is a lot of crude humor (A character blows a bubble of snot between his nostrils, swallows it, and then burps, for instance). Plus, there are some bad messages, like the message that "being disgusting is a good way to sell a product".
Teen, 13 years old Written byEdJake June 8, 2012

This show sucks... NOT!

I really do not understand all the hate the show's receiving. It's funny, original, good-lookin', funny, with greatly-voiced characters with fleshed-out personalities added... Great show! The plots are sometimes a bit bizzare, Jake sometimes does some "yuck" stuff with his butt, and the music is sometimes off. - SOMETIMES Overall, I think this is one of CN's last great shows which is on the level of the original "Cartoon Cartoons!" 5/5, for sure!
Teen, 15 years old Written byComedyKing May 19, 2012

No wonder why nobody likes Cartoon Network any more

This show is a terrible, terrible cartoon. What I hate about it is its vulgarity and gross humor. It's completely doubtful that parents are ever going give this show a good review. Jake thinks his butt is sexy but who in their right minds would find Jake's butt sexy?! The animation for the characters look so ugly too. The characters from Adventure Time look better. Speaking of which, the characters are incredibly obnoxious too and they all threat Adam like he's the school punching bag. My Gym Partner's a Monkey is an embarrassing show! I am so thankful that it's not on DVD and you should be too.
Adult Written byAl Jackson April 18, 2012

This is a good show.

This show is hilarious! I watched it once and I couldn't stop laughing!
Parent Written byBluemario1016 March 17, 2012

My Gym Partner's a Monkey is a terrible show on cartoon network and it must be avoided at all costs. It's even cartoon network's version of Cat Scratch, which is also terrible.

My 2nd review after: "Donkey Kong Country" Oh my god. This has got to be one of the worst shows ever to be created on cartoon network. What the heck is the point of this garbage?! I'm gonna tell you why it's so terrible. First of all, this show makes people think that autistic kids and monkeys are stupid freaks. Second of all, they're gonna replace the great shows like Camp Lazlo, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Dexter's Laboratory, and Powerpuff Girls off the air for stupid shows like this stupid monkey garbage. Third of all, what kind of stupid idiot would wanna watch a trashy, cheap fart joke telling, butt drumming, garbage eating, brainless show like this? It's about a dumb 12 year old boy named Adam, who got transfered to an animal school because Lyon was his last name. Also, he goes on pointless adventures with a horrible monkey, Jake. He's an idiot! I'd rather get tied up by a back of a bus and get droven away! I'm sorry, but this show deserves an F. Here's the results: Voice acting: D 2/5 Poor voice acting. The people who voiced the characters should get fired for replacing our good shows. Animation: F 1/5 The characters look stupid, goofy, and pukish. I just want to throw up all over the characters. Dialouge: F 1/5 Who the heck came up with these corny scripts?! When I see Jake talking about dumb stuff, I just want to stab his chest with a sword! Graphics: F 1/5 What the heck is this? It looks like a lame 1980's cartoon from the Hanna Barbera company title. Sound: E 2/5 One of the worst soundtracks ever to be made in a cartoon like this. Put the show on mute. It would be perfect if Robot Chicken made a spoof of this crummy garbage. Then we will be happy and laughing our butts off. My Gym Partner's a Monkey literally sucks ugly monkey butt. Lasting appeal: F 1/5 This show is so unoriginal and not worth your time. This show should burn in h***. Overall: F 1/5 This is a really stupid show on cartoon network. This series should end really quickly because it literally sucks ugly monkey butt. I don't know why I'm giving this 1 out of 5 stars. I wish I could give this 0 out of 5 stars. But, this is all I'm going to say about this terrible show. Good day to you!
Kid, 12 years old January 21, 2012

not for kids

In one episode, Adam Lyon is seen with just underwear on
Parent of a 10 year old Written bychase51 January 1, 2011

BAD SHOW.

HATE IT. After watching this show, I want to throw up. I don't understand how kids can laugh after seeing a monkey's butt. The show is stupid. Nuff' said.