All member reviews for My Life as Liz

Spunky, somewhat edgy series shares teen girl's life.

Kid, 12 years old February 15, 2011

perfect for mature tweens and teens (:

Love this show! It sends really positive messages to kids our age, telling them that it's OK to be different, and that sure some people might not take too well to your not fitting their cookie cutter image but that's OK, because who you are makes up YOU and that you shouldn't change just for other people who didn't like the real you. Liz iz (get it? Liz iz. *sigh* yeah I know. lame) a very positive role model who stands up for what she knows is right and doesn't let herself be molded into what others want her to become. Minus a few innuendos and the occasional swear word there's nothing to really be worried about here. Whether it's scripted or not, it's a fantastic reality show that I think people of all ages will enjoy (:
Teen, 14 years old Written byAllyluvsyou April 2, 2011

It's okay...

This show is okay. It's pretty predicatable and can get boring though. The language isn't polite, but it isn't really bad.Also, the sexual parts aren't very sexual. The smallest amount of clothes are girls in bikinis and cleavage which I personally don't find very bad.
Adult Written byKRAZYLOVE March 8, 2010

GREAT SHOW
Teen, 13 years old Written bymsenziecullen April 2, 2010

Awesome

Love this show. It's got some language, some relationships, some happiness. A well rounded show. Can't wait for the next season.
Kid, 12 years old June 29, 2010

Wouldn't say its good for kids under my age

I dont think this would be a good show for kids younger than 12 to watch. Although it has good role models and messages it has quite a bit of swear words. It is a really good and funny show for kids 12+..even some of the humor would be above youngfer kids heads'.. i would say its fine for my age+.
Teen, 17 years old Written byMellisa June 29, 2010

I've heard about this show but i never really gave it a chance. As i was watching this, it all seemed pretty staged and almost unrealistic. As a girl her age, a lot of this stuff doesn't happen in high school. I feel as if she sends a positive message to those that are more different. But the fact that all of these unrealistic events occur, sort of takes away from the experience of the show as a whole and makes it sort of cheesy. I personally feel as if it is to show younger kids about dramatic events in high school just like the movies which end up being pretty unrealistic in real life.
Teen, 13 years old Written byfishish April 3, 2011

One of my favorites.

I think it's a really good, whimsical show. There isn't much bad about it, despite what the reviews say. Though if you enjoy reality TV drams, you may not like this.
Parent Written byPlague January 29, 2010

My Life as Liz

Not a bad show I guess. Not for me specifically, but would be perfect for todays youth.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySkyHighFlyer16 February 28, 2011

Mature tweens and teens will really love Liz!

This show really captures the essence of breaking free from stereotyping yourself and others. Liz is an independent character who is trying to live her life well, but finds herself to be a little different from everyone else. I believe that there is a little part of Liz in all of us, so watching her cope with her problems is very beneficial to everyone. The language and sexual references are a little iffy, but most teens have already been exposed to this kind of talk. Overall, My Life as Liz one of MTV's best shows. (:
Teen, 16 years old Written byframinghanley March 16, 2010

On "My Life As Liz" shows her last year in High School. I think that this was a very good TV show for teens to show them that problems are every were.
Kid, 11 years old February 12, 2010

Ok Show, Scripted and Staged From MTV

This show honestly could be better. Liz is semi-likable, kind of emo-ish. It seems extremely scripted.. Can't wait until America actually has a REAL show that's like this. I'm like an "outsider" I guess, but I'm not emo and I definitely don't handle it like her! She's just weird, I watched 1 episode and a half and thought she just wasn't appealing. Make your decision, but it's just too different for me.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byObserver000 February 8, 2010

As being a part in the show and knowing the cast members I can tell you that although the people are real 90% of the situations are not based on reality and everything is scripted. Hints the opening saying "MTV made me say that."
Adult Written byYanderZoo March 8, 2011

Just awful

Such a terrible show. Just in general. Bad acting, bad script. Do not subject young minds to something not even worthy of being on television. Let the minds of teens and children EXPLORE. Don't just force them to watch an awful cliche of a person talk about how boring and sad her life is.
Parent of a 9 and 13 year old Written byhallieandelenasmom June 18, 2010

Hallie-Yes. She loves Liz's alternative style. Elena- No. She doesn't think Liz is pretty enough. Mom- Loves to watch and discuss with Hallie Dad- Oh God no.
Kid, 11 years old March 14, 2010

Pefect fot the Tween but not the younger kids

I think i show is best for kids entering middle school being as that is when clicks truly start to form Liz's attitude against the cliques he must deal with show kids to be different and not follow the crowd.I love the show and I think it's sad that it's coming to an end.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bymomlove33 March 9, 2010

I think it really good for kids going threw this in high school i think she do it.
Adult Written bynoot24 February 16, 2010

I like this show because it shows girls how to deal with mean girls .I hope that a mean girl will see this show and think before they put another girl down.
Kid, 12 years old June 8, 2010

lovely

I love this show it is my favorite show on t.v.
Teen, 14 years old Written bychevelle171717 January 30, 2010