All member reviews for My Life as Liz

Teen, 13 years old Written byfishish April 3, 2011

One of my favorites.

I think it's a really good, whimsical show. There isn't much bad about it, despite what the reviews say. Though if you enjoy reality TV drams, you may not like this.
Teen, 15 years old Written bytylerkippert July 28, 2012

The Best (Recent) TV Show on MTV

-Violence: Not an issue -Sex: Some couples kiss, some girls at the high school wear revealing clothes. -Language: Words such as d-uche and hell and b-tch are used. Very rarely do you hear a bleeped word. -Consumerism; not an issue -drinking: not an issue This is definitely one of the better shows on MTV. It follows the life of a cynical teenager. The characters in this show aren't even similar to the fanbase of MTV. It's smart, interesting, and is definitely recommended.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAllyluvsyou April 2, 2011

It's okay...

This show is okay. It's pretty predicatable and can get boring though. The language isn't polite, but it isn't really bad.Also, the sexual parts aren't very sexual. The smallest amount of clothes are girls in bikinis and cleavage which I personally don't find very bad.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySkyHighFlyer16 February 28, 2011

Mature tweens and teens will really love Liz!

This show really captures the essence of breaking free from stereotyping yourself and others. Liz is an independent character who is trying to live her life well, but finds herself to be a little different from everyone else. I believe that there is a little part of Liz in all of us, so watching her cope with her problems is very beneficial to everyone. The language and sexual references are a little iffy, but most teens have already been exposed to this kind of talk. Overall, My Life as Liz one of MTV's best shows. (:
Kid, 12 years old February 15, 2011

perfect for mature tweens and teens (:

Love this show! It sends really positive messages to kids our age, telling them that it's OK to be different, and that sure some people might not take too well to your not fitting their cookie cutter image but that's OK, because who you are makes up YOU and that you shouldn't change just for other people who didn't like the real you. Liz iz (get it? Liz iz. *sigh* yeah I know. lame) a very positive role model who stands up for what she knows is right and doesn't let herself be molded into what others want her to become. Minus a few innuendos and the occasional swear word there's nothing to really be worried about here. Whether it's scripted or not, it's a fantastic reality show that I think people of all ages will enjoy (:
Teen, 17 years old Written byMellisa June 29, 2010

I've heard about this show but i never really gave it a chance. As i was watching this, it all seemed pretty staged and almost unrealistic. As a girl her age, a lot of this stuff doesn't happen in high school. I feel as if she sends a positive message to those that are more different. But the fact that all of these unrealistic events occur, sort of takes away from the experience of the show as a whole and makes it sort of cheesy. I personally feel as if it is to show younger kids about dramatic events in high school just like the movies which end up being pretty unrealistic in real life.
Kid, 12 years old June 29, 2010

Wouldn't say its good for kids under my age

I dont think this would be a good show for kids younger than 12 to watch. Although it has good role models and messages it has quite a bit of swear words. It is a really good and funny show for kids 12+..even some of the humor would be above youngfer kids heads'.. i would say its fine for my age+.
Kid, 12 years old June 8, 2010

lovely

I love this show it is my favorite show on t.v.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypopstarhottie21 May 26, 2010

Good for just all Teens in High School

This show had its good and its bad i kinda of liked it but by a mag. source the kids said not all scence where flimed where they say they where at the school and MTV stated it wasnt a reality tv show just a show about what a teenager or as you call her Liz having issues similar or pretty close as the show
Teen, 14 years old Written byxxCaitlinxx May 24, 2010

Teens Will Love This Show

I love this show so much, I wonder how she did a 180 like that
Teen, 17 years old Written bytexangirl97 May 17, 2010

Great for tweens and teens!(:

I love this show! Liz is very real and honest, whether the show is really "reality" or not. She might seem a little shallow at times, but she is really down to earth and honest. I find it very funny and I can relate to a lot of it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byliligirl123 May 17, 2010

Really good show, and a story of a girl in highschool.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymsenziecullen April 2, 2010

Awesome

Love this show. It's got some language, some relationships, some happiness. A well rounded show. Can't wait for the next season.
Teen, 16 years old Written byframinghanley March 16, 2010

On "My Life As Liz" shows her last year in High School. I think that this was a very good TV show for teens to show them that problems are every were.
Kid, 11 years old March 14, 2010

Pefect fot the Tween but not the younger kids

I think i show is best for kids entering middle school being as that is when clicks truly start to form Liz's attitude against the cliques he must deal with show kids to be different and not follow the crowd.I love the show and I think it's sad that it's coming to an end.
Kid, 11 years old February 12, 2010

Ok Show, Scripted and Staged From MTV

This show honestly could be better. Liz is semi-likable, kind of emo-ish. It seems extremely scripted.. Can't wait until America actually has a REAL show that's like this. I'm like an "outsider" I guess, but I'm not emo and I definitely don't handle it like her! She's just weird, I watched 1 episode and a half and thought she just wasn't appealing. Make your decision, but it's just too different for me.
Teen, 14 years old Written bychevelle171717 January 30, 2010