All member reviews for My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Teen, 17 years old Written byBranislavDJ March 20, 2011

Prefect for everyone.

I really love the show. I just can't wait till next Friday. :P
Kid, 10 years old June 6, 2011

My Little Pony is for All Ages!

I believe this is a really awesome show. This is because the characters show a lot of diversity, and most of the characters what friendship really means. This show is basically like a fable to me, with a moral at the end. For someone like me, who has little to no friends, in their/my perspective, it is quite education. However, there are some cons in this show that parents will dislike. There can be some violence, regarding the pilot, but from some review I've seen on YouTube, that is just to give the backround of the characters, and you should dig deeper into this big blue series. This show seems to have 18+ men and tomboys go Lady GaGa over it. That shows that this show is not only appropiate for children and has great child humor, while at the same time, it has Tween-Adulthood humor as well. To conclude, this is a feminine version of Phineas and Ferb, but yet with a different point and characters. And when I mean feminine version of Phineas and Ferb, I mean to say it like this: It's a cartoon for all ages!~
Teen, 17 years old Written bylena123 April 21, 2011

Teen, 14 years old Written byIwaki July 3, 2011

Great for all ages.

All ages can watch this. I'm 14 yet I'm watching My Little Pony. And I'm a male.
Teen, 17 years old Written bySynchronicity July 6, 2011

Amazing cartoon deserves its whole audience, even "bronies" like myself

I'm just an average hot-blooded American male who you'd expect to play and watch hyperviolent media...and I do. In other words, I'm not exactly the intended audience for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. And yet, on any given day, you could find me discussing with other people my age and older about how awesome this show is. For a cartoon that's based on a line of toys, it doesn't give off any sort of commercial feeling, like MLP:FIM's sister shows/toy lines Transformers and GI Joe. But unlike those two, which are literally filled with wall-to-wall action (due to their major appeal to the boy demographic), FIM has equal appeal to both boys and girls. A key reason? Lauren Faust. I grew up in the tail-end of Generation Y when shows such as Codename: Kids Next Door, The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends all reigned supreme (and Cartoon Network didn't degrade into the accelerated black hole it is now, but that's beside the point.) While those three shows were occasionally inappropriate for young kids due to defiance against authority, violence and innuendo (respectively), they all had amazing amounts of talent behind them, including Lauren Faust. This transfers over to Friendship is Magic effortlessly, and this sense of nostalgia, along with well-developed characters, jokes and references that are snarky but in an innocent way, and good messages all combine to form an awesome show that just needs to be watched by everyone. The only thing to worry about is some minor aggression by characters who are presented as mean to begin with. But such incidents are few and far between (the Diamond Dogs episode is a good example). I'll end with a word of warning: while youngsters should stay away from YouTube, 4chan, deviantART and TV Tropes (well, some parts of the latter two) to begin with, the fact that the fandom of FIM is so rampant and widespread makes it difficult to search up the show on Google, Bing or whatever without running into some objectionable content some fans put together, like the aforementioned fanfics, image macros, 300 and Inglourious Basterds parodies, etc. But every major cartoon/TV show has that sort of audience (called a Periphery Demographic); heck, I don't think that little kids should look up their favorites for that very reason. Keeping that in mind, though, the SHOW is perfectly okay for anyone old enough to watch TV, everypony. (Brony for life. XD)
Teen, 15 years old Written byMauro C June 24, 2011

One of the best shows this generation has to offer.

Teen, 16 years old Written byDearos August 11, 2011

An execellent show for children (and a fair few adults) to enjoy.

The fact that it has gained such an Internet following in the span of just a few months is shocking. When I first started noticing the sudden influx of ponies into message boards and forums which I considered to be mature I though it was... odd to say the least. I watched the first episode on Youtube to see what all the fuss was about and I was amazed by the quality of the show. The animation is done in Adobe Flash which is amazing considering the quality of the animation. The voice acting is very good (I mean it has VA veteran Tara Strong voicing the main character). The songs are catchy, the stories are mostly good, the jokes are funny and the characters are not your typical cartoon/kids show characters. They are not one dimensional and each are relatively complex and each have an interestingly and realistically flawed personality which allows children (as well as adults) to relate to at least one character out of the six members of the main cast. To sum up; it is an execellent little cartoon and execellent cartoons are becoming quite rare nowadays.
Kid, 11 years old November 4, 2011

A TOTALLY AWESOME SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that this is an AWESOME show for girls under 7 and males 17 and up! One of the best shows i've ever seen (besides SpongeBob, CatDog, Adventure Time, and The Simpsons, those of which depends on wether parents thinks their kids should watch)! Yes, I'm a brony and I'm not ashamed of it!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySnowCatAkemi November 24, 2011

A Refreshing Change from most kids' shows

Though I'm thirteen years old, I love My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. It's a shockingly refreshing show, quite different from many almost nauseating kids' cartoons. The characters are well-developed, with multi-level personalities. There's nothing inappropriate that I've found, though there are a few high-octane scenes from time to time, such as a (completely non-violent) encounter with a dragon, but only the youngest, if any child, will find it scary. It's filled with strong female role models, and the male characters, though lesser in number, are treated equally. The characters all have active roles in their community, one being a gifted athlete who works in weather, another a scholar come to town to continue her studies, and another who tends to her family farm. Even the character that seems most girly, a seamstress named Rarity, is shown to be able to defend herself, and puts much effort into pleasing all of her friends and managing her small business. The animation quality is fantastic, and the art style is simplistic and a bit refreshing. It's very bright, but not annoyingly so, and even parents can enjoy it. I've caught throwbacks to classic cartoons such as Pinky and the Brain, as well as subtle nods to figures of speech. The show always pushes kindness and fairness, and though the characters often have their falling-outs as real friends do, they always work out in the end and accept their differences. Though the messages are cheesy alone, the show works around this and manages to build up a thoroughly enjoyable way to teach them, and is unique in that respect. It certainly strikes a perfect balance between the preachy educational programs and the questionable entertaining ones.
Kid, 12 years old November 18, 2011

The BEST t.v. show EVER!!!

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic is the best ever!!!! Anyone can watch it no matter how old they are. the 1st episodes of the season are sometimes a little violent, but nothing to serious. I love this t.v. show so much, i always count down the days until the next episode is released. so far all the episodes are amazing, but my personal favorite is season 2 episode 8- the mysterious mare do-well. It teaches a good lesson about bragging and how you shouldn't do it. I would DEFINITELY recommend this to people of all ages!!!! :)
Kid, 10 years old July 21, 2011

Amazing Show For ALL Ages

The show is probably the best girl cartoon out there. And boys' cartoon too. ;) It expresses that not ALL girls are obsessed with fashion (except Rarity!) makeup and dating. It sends out many, many great messages about friendship and kindness. Hilarious as well as inspirational. Not to mention all the Fans crazing about it. Just spoon a drop of MLP:FiM and you'll be chugging it down soon after. Also, it's just a little bit of cartoon violence parents. ;)
Kid, 11 years old November 25, 2011

Brony/Pegasister and Proud

I'm a pegasister. Yeah, I'm part of the show's target audience, but I found out about it through the internet. Fox news can go drive off a cliff. Bronies are awesome. Yeah, we like a show for 4 year old girls. It's hilarious. It has internet memes. The voices are cute. I infact wrote an 8 paragraph essay on why every pony is best pony. In the extremely popular animated television series “My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic”, there are six ponies who are the stars of the show. The fans of this show, called bronies and pegasisters, sometimes fight about which of these ponies is “best pony”. The pony’s names are Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie. This essay will hopefully help people stop fighting and agree everypony is best pony. Twilight Sparkle is best pony because she is very intelligent and loves books. She is the student of the ruler of Equestria, Princess Celestia. She is about the 4th most popular pony. Twilight is the main star of the show. She moved from the city of Canterlot into Ponyville. She lives in her library inside of a tree. She is a unicorn. Overall, Twilight Sparkle is an intelligent librarian pony. Applejack is best pony because she is strong, honest and hard-working. She lives and works on a farm (Sweet Apple Acres) and lives with her family, who also work on the farm. She is the 5th most popular pony in the series. She sells apples to help keep the farm running and to help her grandmother, Granny Smith replace her hip. Overall, Applejack is a hardworking and loyal pony. Rainbow Dash is best pony because she is loyal, brave and athletic. She is the only pony who can perform the Sonic Rainboom, a legendary pegasus trick. She was the main factor in giving all of her friend’s their cutie marks, the sign on a pony’s flank representing what they do best, or their special talent. She is the fastest pony in Ponyville, and is aiming to join the legendary flying team, the Wonderbolts. She is the most popular pony, but almost ties with Fluttershy. Overall, Rainbow Dash is a speedy and athletic pegasus. Fluttershy is best pony because she is kind, gentle and medicinally skilled. She is an animal doctor for all of the sick and injured animals she finds around Equestria. She is the 2nd most popular pony, but she’s very close in popularity to Rainbow Dash. She is sensitive, and is deemed “adorable” by many bronies. Overall, Fluttershy is a shy and helpful veterinarian. Pinkie Pie is best pony because she is fun-loving, funny and lovable. She is known for working and living at the bakery “Sugarcube Corner”. Her aunt and uncle, Mrs. And Mr. Cake own the bakery itself. Pinkie pie is the 3rd most popular pony. She is sometimes known as bipolar and having multiple personalities because of the episode “Party of One” and the grimdark fanfiction “Cupcakes”. Overall, Pinkie Pie is a funny and lovable baker. Rarity is best pony because she is fashionable, generous and a bit of a drama queen. She is the 6th most popular pony, leaving her at the bottom of the list. She works as both a fashion designer and a seamstress at a clothing boutique named “The Carousel Boutique”. Overall, Rarity is a generous and stylish fashion designer. In conclusion, every pony in My Little Pony: Friendship is magic is special in their own way. I hope this essay help people realize all ponies are special, even the background ponies!
Teen, 17 years old Written byAfropuff August 16, 2011

Brilliant Show Written By Brillant People

As many tend to give into prejudice and stereotype (like I did), this show breaks the sissy girly barrier and reaches out to not only kids, but to families and people of all ages. The ponies are imperfect, like people; but though a conflict and a lesson, the ponies learn a special lesson on the topic of friendship, just like people. Whether it’s a lesson on getting help when you need help, avoiding bad friendships, asking permission before you act, and understanding that a good friend always has the best intentions, Adults, as well as children, can always learn something from the cute purple unicorn and her five friends. I was one who watched the show on TV and not on Youtube, at first. Clueless of the hubbub and fan mania going on (I caution some of the fan stuff); I “sarcastically” or “mockingly” watched the show just to criticize it. I was shocked and confused. This new generation of My Little Pony was not what I expected, a girly and unrealistic show used as an advertising stunt, but it was a true well written show. It actually contained a plot and considerable conflicts in each episode. It was not girls acting stupid and having tea parties or picking flowers. It had cute animation and very good humor. Now, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is my favorite show and I have seen every episode and I am excited for the second season. Definitely, this is a family friendly show and I hope you all enjoy it as well as I do.
Teen, 16 years old Written bygameaddictwn July 17, 2011

I love this show and i'm 16

I am in love with this show and i'm 16!!!!! And I am a horror freak! This show just "grabs" everyone and pulls them in with its cuteness and awesomeness. Most of my friends laugh at me when I tell them I watch this show...until I show it to them. Then they are hooked. I can't understand it but this is THE BEST show EVER
Kid, 11 years old August 6, 2012

BRONIES!!!!!!

I'M A BRONY!!!!! I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!! I JUST NOTICED THAT "BRONIES" IS SPELLED A LITTLE BIT LIKE "BROWNIES" AND I LIKE BROWNIES!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 9 years old November 11, 2011

Epic.

This is the best show ever, especially for bronies like myself. HAVE FUN WATCHING IT AND IF YOU DONT LIKE IT GET OUT. Whats the point of reviewing if you dont even freaking like the show?
Teen, 13 years old Written byHootOwl October 5, 2011

Best kids show out today.

Fantastic show for people of all ages.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypatrick john October 26, 2011

For teenagers too

Well, this show isn't only for kids. It's also for: TEENAGERS. It teaches them how wonderful(and important) friendship is, and helps them realizing the magic of friendship. It also helps them in problems with friends(especially in episode 1 and 2 of the show's season 2).
Teen, 13 years old Written bypartysmores July 16, 2011

I'm a brony.

And everyone should be. Set your newborn in front of the TV only to watch this; even they'll understand it's awesome quality.