All member reviews for My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Kid, 11 years old November 4, 2011

A TOTALLY AWESOME SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that this is an AWESOME show for girls under 7 and males 17 and up! One of the best shows i've ever seen (besides SpongeBob, CatDog, Adventure Time, and The Simpsons, those of which depends on wether parents thinks their kids should watch)! Yes, I'm a brony and I'm not ashamed of it!
Teen, 14 years old Written byIwaki July 3, 2011

Great for all ages.

All ages can watch this. I'm 14 yet I'm watching My Little Pony. And I'm a male.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjackskellingtonlvr February 3, 2013

Good show, some disturbing episodes with happy endings

Good for kids, steer clear of "Lesson zero" and "Party of one" with the little ones. Those are episodes where key characters go insane. No joke, it's true. Just don't let them go online alone, as things such as "Cupcakes" and "The rainbow factory" are waiting to scare the heck out of your 5-year-olds. They are terrifying mlp fanfics, with a fair share of blood and gore.
Kid, 11 years old August 6, 2012

BRONIES!!!!!!

I'M A BRONY!!!!! I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!! I JUST NOTICED THAT "BRONIES" IS SPELLED A LITTLE BIT LIKE "BROWNIES" AND I LIKE BROWNIES!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written bySynchronicity July 6, 2011

Amazing cartoon deserves its whole audience, even "bronies" like myself

I'm just an average hot-blooded American male who you'd expect to play and watch hyperviolent media...and I do. In other words, I'm not exactly the intended audience for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. And yet, on any given day, you could find me discussing with other people my age and older about how awesome this show is. For a cartoon that's based on a line of toys, it doesn't give off any sort of commercial feeling, like MLP:FIM's sister shows/toy lines Transformers and GI Joe. But unlike those two, which are literally filled with wall-to-wall action (due to their major appeal to the boy demographic), FIM has equal appeal to both boys and girls. A key reason? Lauren Faust. I grew up in the tail-end of Generation Y when shows such as Codename: Kids Next Door, The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends all reigned supreme (and Cartoon Network didn't degrade into the accelerated black hole it is now, but that's beside the point.) While those three shows were occasionally inappropriate for young kids due to defiance against authority, violence and innuendo (respectively), they all had amazing amounts of talent behind them, including Lauren Faust. This transfers over to Friendship is Magic effortlessly, and this sense of nostalgia, along with well-developed characters, jokes and references that are snarky but in an innocent way, and good messages all combine to form an awesome show that just needs to be watched by everyone. The only thing to worry about is some minor aggression by characters who are presented as mean to begin with. But such incidents are few and far between (the Diamond Dogs episode is a good example). I'll end with a word of warning: while youngsters should stay away from YouTube, 4chan, deviantART and TV Tropes (well, some parts of the latter two) to begin with, the fact that the fandom of FIM is so rampant and widespread makes it difficult to search up the show on Google, Bing or whatever without running into some objectionable content some fans put together, like the aforementioned fanfics, image macros, 300 and Inglourious Basterds parodies, etc. But every major cartoon/TV show has that sort of audience (called a Periphery Demographic); heck, I don't think that little kids should look up their favorites for that very reason. Keeping that in mind, though, the SHOW is perfectly okay for anyone old enough to watch TV, everypony. (Brony for life. XD)
Teen, 16 years old Written bymike-numbers December 19, 2013

Men what a great show

The Best cartoon show in United States of America. Getting bigger and bigger every year.
Kid, 12 years old November 18, 2011

The BEST t.v. show EVER!!!

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic is the best ever!!!! Anyone can watch it no matter how old they are. the 1st episodes of the season are sometimes a little violent, but nothing to serious. I love this t.v. show so much, i always count down the days until the next episode is released. so far all the episodes are amazing, but my personal favorite is season 2 episode 8- the mysterious mare do-well. It teaches a good lesson about bragging and how you shouldn't do it. I would DEFINITELY recommend this to people of all ages!!!! :)
Teen, 17 years old Written bylena123 April 21, 2011

Teen, 17 years old Written byBranislavDJ March 20, 2011

Prefect for everyone.

I really love the show. I just can't wait till next Friday. :P
Teen, 13 years old Written byRoosterman June 25, 2013

Friendship is VERY magical!

This show is definitely one of my favourite animated series. I'm a brony, and trust me, it is NOT one of those stereotypical little girls shows. It is not JUST for girls, boys can enjoy it too! I was, at first, not too interested in the show. I thought it was going to be nothing more than fashion, boys etc. But once I watched it, I found it to be nothing like that. This show can entertain both kids AND adults. If the title hasn't given you a clue, the show touches on relationships with friends, which is very important for children (and older people) to learn. The setting is very tranquil and the characters are really well developed, and ultimately is very sweet. The show can get dark in some episodes, though, mainly the two-parters, that usually feature some pretty vile villains who pose actual threats to the characters and their home. There have been some episodes that feature romance and love. One character is madly in love with one of the ponies. The show also has plenty of great songs that can keep you entertained. As for the violence, it is mainly slapstick. But in one episode, the fighting gets pretty serious and destructive. Language is nothing more than minor insults such as loser, jerk, fool etc. Kids can be educated in mythology by the various creatures encountered by the characters, that are usually from Greek, or other types of lore. Overall, this is a magnificent series to show kids of all ages and will bring joy and laughter into the hearts of younglings. Hehe... Hope this helped! :)
Teen, 14 years old Written bybrony for life December 6, 2011

mylittleponyizm

my little pony is the best show for kids i even wacth it 12 im a brony and i love the show
Teen, 13 years old Written bysixfish11 December 2, 2011

BRONY AWAYYYYYYYYY

oh my god. i mean really. this show is somehow pure genious. LOOK AT ME IM A 13 YEAR OLD BOY AND IVE SEEN EVERY EPISODE.....AND I WAKE UP SATURDAY MORNINGS TO SEE NEW ONES. i have nothing to say but it is addicting. if you want a good kid show this is it....... buuuuut if i haaaaave to nitpick it is a little producty. it has one of the largest toy collections out there and the flashy episodes do make a "want" factor build in children. overall good show.
Teen, 16 years old Written bygameaddictwn July 17, 2011

I love this show and i'm 16

I am in love with this show and i'm 16!!!!! And I am a horror freak! This show just "grabs" everyone and pulls them in with its cuteness and awesomeness. Most of my friends laugh at me when I tell them I watch this show...until I show it to them. Then they are hooked. I can't understand it but this is THE BEST show EVER
Kid, 10 years old April 21, 2014

Adorable- but teen fanbase can be offensive

This show, as you can imagine is absolutely enchanting for younger and older audiences, but I wouldn't get a young child to get to much into the fanbase. As plenty of teenagers watch the show and enjoy it well enough, they have their own little ideas that may frighten and upset younger viewers, such as 'Cupcakes'. An idea that sprung from the episode 'party of one', in which pinkie loses her spring when her friends seem to be ignoring and hiding secrets from her. In Cupcakes, people transformed Pinkie Pie into a murderer who bakes people into cupcakes. This was frightening for me, and so the younger base would be horrified. Also, the teenagers tend to incorporate sexy stuff into their ideas of the show, matching up the mane six with each other, ext. I loved the show but would make sure the kids didn't find the internet fanbase by accident. Thanks for reading, Gothilocks.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDAEDRIC OVERLORD345 February 9, 2014

OH H#LL NO!!

what are these peeps talking about this show is great and but on youtube oh my if you watch mex reacts pony p### and many adult games are based off MLP and its a grat show but leads to many disgusting things
Kid, 12 years old August 15, 2013

Friendship is Magic!

You see kids of ALL ages should always learn the value of friendship. This is a great way to see to it. It shows what you should have in friendship and what you shouldn't. I usually find it hard to find great friends who have my back. These days there aren't many good kids the schools are FILLED with bully's. I've watched every episode and everyone of them gave a moral. I especially love Hearth's Warming Eve (Christmas) it shows that you should never fight or argue because all it will bring is coldness. You should never show hatred to one another.
Teen, 17 years old Written bybel8910 July 22, 2013

An Amazing Show for All Ages

My Little Pony is a great show for any age. Every episode teaches a lesson about friendship that even people my age can enjoy. I got into My Little Pony at 15 or 16 years old, thinking it was a cheesy show for little kids, but as I watched my first episode, I began to love the show, and all the great characters. The drawing and animation is amazing, the songs are catchy, the storylines are captivating, and there's always a useful lesson to be learned from these colorful ponies. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a good show, even if you're not a little girl.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMitchell Charleston June 17, 2013

Being a teenage brony is a lot of fun.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is an awesome show. I bought a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic DVD at Target one day. The acting is phenominal, all the ponies are REALLY cute, I love the animation, and I just looooooooooooooooooove everything about it. As a teenage male, I love this show.
Kid, 12 years old December 30, 2012

Friendship IS Magic!

Oh boy where do I start..... Friendship is Magic may be the best show on television. Not just for it being funny, clever, and surprisingly sophisticated, but because it created a community of "unsuspected" fans, who actually still learn about being a good person, through the show. "Bronies" (teenage boys/ grown men who watch the show) have easily became one of the biggest groups of fanboys of any show on television. The show revolves around a group of six friends (all being equines) who consistently learn the value of friendship through various lessons brought up by poor choices they make. The main pony, Twilight Sparkle, is a purple unicorn who is very bright, but fairly socially awkward. She has a purple baby dragon assistant named Spike She is Princess Celestia's (leader of their homeland, "Equestria") personal student for learning about magic. Celestia sends Twilight to a small town named "Ponyville" (yes, the name of the town isn't that creative), to make friends with local ponies. She quickly meets a pink earth-pony named Pinkie Pie, who is obsessed with having fun and partying. Pinkie Pie is somewhat insecure, and keeps her partying personality because she's scared of her friends leaving her. She is kind and caring, but WAY over-the-top. Twilight then meets Applejack, a cowgirl-esque orange earth-pony who lives on a farm with her grandmother, Granny Smith, her brother, Big Macintosh, and her little sister, Apple Bloom (more on her later). Applejack is kind, honest, and hardworking, but she is very stubborn (i.e. is afraid to admit she can't do everything on her own). After Applejack, Twilight meets Rainbow Dash, a blue coated pegasus with a rainbow mane. She is self-centered, somewhat rude, and acts like she is the best pony ever. She is a loud-mouth too, but she genuinely cares about her friends, and is loyal. Rainbow Dash is a regular fan-favorite (not mine, but just popular). She is also an athlete flyer who models herself after a famous flying group named, "The Wonderbolts". Twilight then meets Rarity, a white-coated unicorn with a passion for fashion (rhyme time!). She is considered generous, though she is self-centered. She is a mean sister to her little sister, Sweetie Belle (more on her later, as well as Apple Bloom). Rarity only accepts clean things, and is afraid of getting dirty. After Rarity, Twilight meets Fluttershy, a kind, caring, and very, very shy pegasus. She cares for woodland critters, and puts them in front of anyone else. She is also too shy to stand up for herself, on all but one episode. They all have special talents (Twilight= good at magic/Rainbow Dash= athlete/Fluttershy= caring for animals/Rarity=fashionista/Applejack= good harvester/ Pinkie Pie= fun and joyful). All of their talents are represented by cutie-marks ("tramp stamps" that represent your special talent. Twilight= element of harmony sparkle/Applejack= apples/Fluttershy= butterflies/ Pinkie Pie= balloons/Rainbow Dash= rainbow lightning and cloud/ Rarity= diamonds. Ponies aren't born with cutie marks, they have to earn them. Three fillies, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo (Scootaloo is my personal favorite pony) dont have them yet, and try as hard as they can to find their talent. That's all I can say for now. Watch the show to find out more.
Kid, 10 years old August 26, 2012

Cool show

A TV show suitable for children all ages! There is some positive role models, positive messages, and some educational scenes somewhere in there!