All member reviews for My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Sweet tales of friendship have great messages for kids.

Teen, 15 years old Written byTheGoblinCommando April 13, 2012

In the name of the Emperor!

I think its a pretty great show (For Perverse Reasons) it offers the young lings some good moral guidelines however the guidelines can be hard for a kiddie at times to understand at times . Also (from personal experience) there's some deviant materials relating to my little pony (Partially due to a bad fan base) that are not age appropriate that will severely affect a child (this is also form personal experience).
Adult Written byD3rpyH00ves/)(\ April 10, 2012

20%cooler than most children shows

I believe My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is a well plotted series for both young children, teens, parents, the whole family to share. In the series you learn many life lessons, mostly about friendship, but others that can be very helpful for young children. Older generations will enjoy the show as well, the characters are easy to connect to and the possibility of fun and laughter is high, unless you don't see how a pink pony throwing parties with a party cannon is both funny and thrilling. This show is definitely 20% cooler in my book.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMewtwo77 April 6, 2012

Recommended for everyone

It is a great show for any age and gender (I'm 13 and Male). Great animations, voice acting (Tara Strong), the songs are very good, it has many references (The Benny Hill reference in episode 3 made me a brony (fan of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic)), the characters all have different and interesting personalities (also the problems they face in each episode are much more interesting than girls having problems with boys and the mall ran out of their favourite hair products) and the show is also very funny. It was created by Lauren Faust who had previously worked on Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends both of which are also really great cartoons. This show definitely taught me that you can't judge something until you watch it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysusieboo April 4, 2012

Give it a chance!

This is my favorite show, and I'm 14. All the protagonists are wonderful, and each show in their own way that there's no incorrect way to be a girl. Twilight's into books, Rainbow's an athlete, Applejack's hardworking, Pinkie Pie loves parties, Rarity's into fashion, and Fluttershy loves animals. One of the biggest lessons on this show is how to deal with bullies without being one yourself, which I think is a very big lesson for girls to learn. Every character has their flaws and their good qualities. For example, Rarity, who represents generosity on the show, can be very greedy and vain, but is still a good role model in the end. The show is very funny, even for adults and teens, and is definitely worth a watch.
Parent Written byEquations March 29, 2012

Setting What's Important Apart

This is one of the few shows my entire family enjoys watching and it lacks the mindlessness seen in some children's television shows. MLP: FiM teaches real friendship values and though the characters don't always get along, they DO always work things out and learn in the process. The lessons that the characters learn are sort of showcased at the end by the main pony, Twilight, who writes down all the lessons she learns about friendship. This makes it easy for kids to pick out the lesson after the story is done!
Teen, 14 years old Written bybronies forever! March 26, 2012

the best show ever! (parents you will be suprised!)

a very good show with good role-models also no direct drinking but one of the mane cast (that's what they call the main cast!) is called applejack (a kind of cider) but all in all a brilliant show! my little pony forever!
Adult Written byAnzek March 14, 2012

The fandom and the show.

As for the show itself, I'll keep it simple: The writing is fantastic, the animation is fantastic, the stories are immersive and the lessons taught are nearly invaluable. Compared to anything on CN, Nick, or Disney, this is quality stuff. As for the fandom, I'd like to rectify a few things Zamoonda said: "These images come from the adult fans of this show, called the Bronies. The Bronies come from the imaeboard known as 4chan.org. There are two boards in specific that I will talk about -- the /B/, also known as the Random board, as well as /Co/, known as the Comics & Cartoons board. The term Brony comes from /B/rony and /Co/lts. A /b/rony is a person who is a fan of the show but is primarily on /b/ board, whereas a /co/lt is a fan of the show but is primarily on the /co/ board." Bronies no longer only come from /b/ & /co/. That stopped happening in February '11, the term "/b/rony" also fell off then with the advent of Equestria Daily. A few like myself still hold the /b/rony title, but that's our own doing; "brony" is the name for fans now. And the term /co/lt has no relation to MLP. It's existed long before. "The community that has settled in the website, ponychan.net, is amazing. Just outstanding." I'd like to correct this. Ponychan has been known on numerous occasions to ban users for defending other users from trolls. Ban frequent donators to the site (even those who had given more than $400 out of the kindness of their heart), ban gift givers for defending their generosity, and so fourth. Ponychan is certainly not representative of the brony fandom in any way. We do not support the message of "we're better because we're nicer" that ponychan displays on almost a weekly basis. As the rest of the fandom call them: We don't support being a "Canterlot" pony. If you watch the episode named Sweet & Elite, the ponies of Canterlot are shown as excessively stuck up. Ponychan is compared to Canterlot by the rest of us. I would also like to state Equestria Daily does not represent the fandom either for the same reason. To make this relevant, you absolutely must supervise your children if they wish to explore outside of the show. As the fandom was born on the internet, at least half of its content is +18. And google images can't tell the difference. Like was mentioned in another comment, telling them to ask you what to look up is a very good suggestion. Like for instance, if they wanted a wallpaper of Twilight Sparkle for their desktop. I mention the insight into the fandom because while I was correcting some information, it should also be known that the main base of fans are from sites like /b/ & /co/ of 4chan, and fim.413chan - The fandom is inherently +18. So parents: Forgetting about internet, the show is absolutely remarkable. I'll bet it'd be hard to not get into the show yourself, that's how amazing the new iteration of My Little Pony is. Doesn't matter if you're my neighbor's house cat, the intended audience, some 20+ year old dude, or the Ice Cream Man. You WILL love this show. The letters to Princess Celestia at the end always so wonderfully close out the lessons being taught throughout the episodes. I could make this comment much longer with reasons why both you and your children should watch it, but that would take a few weeks. Remembering the internet real quick: Supervise everything. /b/ & /co/ are obvious reasons. Various sites pooling images into Google being another reason. And generally the younger audience may not be mature enough for some Youtube videos. Also be advised of ponychan. It isn't as nice as it seems, as I've stated. I'll close this out by saying the show is absolutely amazing, and if I could show it in Times Square on every single monitor at once, I would. I should watch it. Your cat should watch it. You should watch it. And considering all it teaches, your kids -with the utmost priority- should watch it. I'm just some 19 year old guy that's been on the internet for 10 years, who likes ponies. And after you see this show, you'll like ponies too. With Love, Some random brony. - Edit: There ARE good things that come from the fandom however. Like shirts! I had this delivered two days ago and am quite reluctant to take it off. welovefine com/1619-rainbow-dash-nouveau.html - So Parents, you can rock out with your kids in some pony wear if it ever came down to it :) - The show inspires so much, let it inspire your children.
Teen, 17 years old Written byajsjps March 13, 2012

Awesome and Amazing

Really amazing show, and I personally look forward to it every Saturday. I will miss it when there is a break until the new season. Definitely recommend
Kid, 10 years old February 26, 2012

BEST SHOW EVER!

BST SHOW EVER!the other MLPs SUCKED.but thisis awesome!BrOnY fOrEvEr!()()<---brohoof
Teen, 14 years old Written byPunkchick1061 February 24, 2012

BRONIES!!!

I'm 13 and I LOVE My Little Pony! (and this is coming from someone who is obsessed with Green Day, My Chemical Romance and The Final Destination movies) Bronies UNITE!!! :P
Kid, 10 years old February 6, 2012

Fanwork

Now, I am a big fan of this series. But there is bad fan-made content when searching for art or videos. Parents of a young child must be aware of this, so they know what their kids are seeing.
Written byAnonymous February 4, 2012

An amazing show.

Kid, 10 years old February 3, 2012

EPIC SHOW

Awesome for everyone! EPIC SHOW.
Adult Written bysonofzeal January 24, 2012

An excellent show for both parents and children

This show is one of the rare breed that is actually enjoyable to watch with your kids. Part of this is because it breaks many of the recent molds for children's shows, using a relatively rich vocabulary and complicated characters. For example, the first episode has the main character Twilight use some more difficult words like "imperative" and "precipice", and explanations of these words are slipped in naturally. Children watching the show will be exposed to new words and phrases, without feeling like they're being taught at. The characters themselves are a bit more conflicted than usual as well. They each have weaknesses they struggle with, as well as strengths. While flawed, they remain good role models because they work to recognize and overcome these weaknesses, rather than remaining flat caricatures. The show's overall message about friendship and harmony is a little cliche, but there are also powerful sub-themes about accepting those who are different, growing as individuals, how to cope with personality conflicts, and the importance of trust.
Adult Written byDe2nis January 21, 2012

Not quite for the youngest sliver of humanity as it may outwardly appear, but a great show for everyone else

Another brony here, 21 years old, got into this show a few weeks ago. I've got to say, this is a fine piece of entertainment. I think kids would love it, not that I’m an expert in that field, but even on its own merits it’s a good show. The jokes are genuinely clever, often hilarious, and have a great way of catching you off guard (not because they are vulgar or anything). It’s refreshing to see a show that uses genuine wit rather than using vulgarity as a comedy-crutch. The characters are well developed and actually behave much like real people, especially for a children’s show. The plots are generally interesting too, I’m often wondering how the situations will be resolved. I’m kind of surprised the show is marketed towards the 3-6 demographic however. It doesn’t quite feel like that’s who it is intended for. I’ll go into more detail below: The lessons ring true 95% of the time. The show packs genuine wisdom. However, a lot of them seem too advanced for a four year, who is probably just learning the basics of right and wrong. For example, not being overly critical of things your friends give to you, to not be afraid to demonstrate your talents in front of friends, to use your friends to turn misfortune into a good laugh, or being willing to accept the help of others seems a bit advanced for Morality 101. Not that it’s Morality 401, either. Also, while the lessons are generally spot on, I feel Faust doesn’t really do a great job of demonstrating them, because they are either presented in contexts too fantastical to relate to real-life, or simply seem to work out instantenously, without really showing the process that leads to the end result, like how talking with your friends about a horrible night could evolve into a very entertain conversation. She sort of expects kids to take her word. The show is pretty darn clean (I still can’t get used to villains self-censoring with terms like “good gracious”). The most scandalous joke in all of season 1 involves one character joking about the punch being “Spiked” (yes, capital ‘S’, you’ll get it in context). However, I don’t know that it’s quite STERILE-clean. One episode involves a character using generous amounts of fake blood to make it look like an owl had attacked a mouse, which might be a bit disturbing to preschoolers. There are also some scenes in the first two episodes of the first two season that I think could scare a three year old. Characters are occasionally casually snarky towards each other and occassionally conduct behavior that would come off as rude in real rather than cartoon setting (like one character angrily saying "No thanks" and throwing a book across the room when a friend offers it to her), and remembering myself at three, I know that can have negative influence on preschoolers, who think that if the cartoon on television isn’t offended by the behavior, no one else will be. So I don’t quite think this show is appropriate for ALL ages. As for watching this show if you don’t have kids…I recommend you don’t judge it after watching a single episode, let me just say that. Watching three or four should give you a good idea of what to expect from this show. And don’t start with Episode 1. That struck me as pretty standard kid-TV. Episodes vary in quality a lot, at least in the first season. Some episodes seem like standard kiddy-fare, others are pure awesomeness on their own merits. Most fall somewhere in between, but lean towards the latter end of the scale and the overwhelming majority are worth watching. If you have body hair and you want to watch this show solely for your own entertainment, I recommend starting Episode 9, 15, 21, 24, or 25. These are hilarious and well written, the best of the first season. Oh, and about the objectional content. I've google-images-searched things like "Twilight Sparkle" and "Rainbow Dash" a few times and never ran into this problem. I think if you keep "safe search" on you should be alright. And pretty much ANY content has potential to be turned into something objectionable on youtube.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTangiRose January 19, 2012

I'm A Little Emberassed to Say this, but...

I watch this show. It's cute, but I don't understand the rabid fanbase. Why are there so many teenage boys into this?!? Maybe girls of all ages, but it seems quite weird to me that boys are in to stuff like this. Reguardless, it's an entertaining show to say the least, but it does have its moments of little girl-ness. My parents disaprove of me watching it, but then I can tell 'em that I'm simply babysitting my little sister (who has usually lost interest at that point). The art style is so much fun to draw, and I've never seen smoother animations!! The voice acting is great! Like a few others said, I don't reccomend letting kids look at fan-made content. Most of it is pretty machabre. Demon ponies seem to be the most popular fan creation. Eneough has been said. Reguardless, a show for everyone! Just don't become a Bronie, guys. It's weird.
Adult Written bysilversatyr January 7, 2012

High quality entertainment for the family!

Packed with good morals, fun characters and lovely designs, the new My Little Pony series (of which there are 2 seasons thus far) is a must for every family. Even boys will enjoy this show, which in it's past adaptions has been aimed at young girls, sometimes with some questionable messages. Join Twilight Sparkle and her new friends as they learn about the magic of friendship. Themes such as tolerating those who are different, showing kindness to others, learning to share and put others ahead of yourself, not being afraid to be yourself, how to be a good friend and many others are scattered throughout the episodes. The characters remain true to themselves and each other without becoming cliched, boring or annoying, as so often happens in cartoons of this genre. The quality of the writing, art, music and voice work are at a very high standard and remain so. It's obvious that this show has been a labour of love for those who worked on it. Speaking of music - there are a number of catchy tunes sprinkled among the episodes that are always a delight to hear and impart important messages to young ears. "Giggle at the Ghosties", "Winter Wrap-up" and "The Pony Every Pony Should Know" are especially delightful. Definitely a show for the whole family to enjoy! :Note that the age buffer may vary a little. Personally I've seen 3 year olds that have enjoyed the show as much as their adult counterparts, but it should really depend on the child's awareness of characters and plot. Though the pretty animation is always a plus in little kids' books... :P :
Kid, 11 years old January 2, 2012

Great show

this is cuteness intermixed with humor, a great show! nothing negative, but be careful about surfing the web for ponies, because some very messed up people have made many sexually inappropriate drawings of ponies and posted them to the internet. nothing wrong with the show, lots of things wrong with the fan art.
Adult Written byblayzekohime December 29, 2011

family show

The consumerism isn't as bad as you'd think, mostly because there is a large disconnect between the show and the products (almost all of which are not show accurate). Other than that, it's probably one of the most positively influential shows I've seen for kids today, and unlike some kids' shows isn't a torment for parents to watch with their kids, allowing for some nice family time.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCandyIsYummyNomNom December 28, 2011

Amazing! But...

Very good show! But, an issue. The fandom. A form of fan known as bronies are adult male fans of this show. I actually am friends with some, and can consider myself a female one, but it has some dark alley ways. A few examples, Ponychan, Ponibooru, Equestria Daily, etc. There is porn, dark fanfictions, (Cupcakes, for a clean one compared to most) several uses of explicit words, and many more. Do not allow your child to go on My Little Pony websites you are unsure of! Keep it on the Hub website, or another child aimed website you've used before, and trust.