All member reviews for My Name Is Earl

Offbeat, heartfelt comedy, but not for young kids.

Kid, 12 years old July 30, 2011

Amazing show with some explaining to kids

This is one of my favorite shows. There is violence mostly comical and cartoonish like chairs being wacked over heads. There is alot of sexual refernce seeing as one of earls children is a love child. There is also a day time hooker named patty who apears freaquintly and most times she is there there is a sexual refernce (usauly somthing kinky). They have a best friend who is a striper at a crazy, rich mans club so there are often stories about her job. They drink almost every episode not often is it heavy, but it does happen. The role models are good when it's not showing you things from earls (main characters past) he pretty much went from a no good thief who would steal when ever he got the chance to a true good guy. The language isn't that bad it's usualy when joy (earls ex-wife) makes fun of randy (earls slow brother).
Teen, 15 years old Written byTnMovieFan2 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byCrazy Chel April 9, 2008

Good Goal, Bad Surroundings

Poor Earl just wants to make the world a better place. Little by little he works to fix his past mistakes and help others have a better life. While his intentions are good his actions, and those of people around him, are not always the best. Each episode has a clear message but there is enough violence (thanks to his ex-wife) and questionable content to make a parent pause before allowing anyone under 14 to watch.
Teen, 14 years old Written byaTmeam July 17, 2010

Funny but watch for little ears!

Crude Humor
Adult Written bygumba61 April 9, 2008

Parent of a 12 year old Written bynancylynn June 10, 2010

My son loves this show. He's almost 14 and I think that overall this show has a positive message.
Kid, 9 years old June 11, 2011

Great show!

Started watching this last night and its great, but a lot of kids wont get some of the jokes but still its a great show.
Adult Written byTheBigJ April 9, 2008

I like it so far

I think this show is funny and has a good message. Earl used to only care about himself and then learns about karma and decides to turn his life around. It reminds me of a 12 step program in that he makes a list of all the bad things he has done and vows to correct them, whether it be apologizing to the people he has wronged or quitting such behavior as smoking. When he does good things, good things come his way. We could all learn a little lesson about this!
Parent Written byPlague December 17, 2009

My Name is Earl

Very funny show. One of my favorties to watch.
Kid, 9 years old October 17, 2009

I started watching when i was 7. There is this hooker that is in most episodes and they say some cuss words
Parent of a 10 year old Written byrobibeiss December 13, 2008

Best Comedy on TV

Love this show! Characters are insanely funny and premis of Karma is great for bringing a positive tone to a comdey that at times could be considered vulgar. I let my near 11 yr old watch it with me. I am a little less conservative than most parents, but I am ready to explain when things such as gay bars, hookers, and such comes up...although most of the time , he doesn't even ask cuz he doesn't get it. I.E. Hookers he thinks in the first episode- Earl tries to pay a girl to kiss and date the gay guy (because he doesn't understand 'sex' fully). If you are uncomforatble as parent explaining such things then wait till at least closer to 12.
Teen, 15 years old Written byChambear November 16, 2009

THE redneck comedy!

This is an amazing show for a redneck comedy! I have followed this show for some time now and it is still fresh and fun to this day! It is all about a man named Earl and his younger, innocently funny brother Randy who tackle a list full of past events that hurt other people. This list is led by Karma.The show though does feature some vulgar humor, some occasional language, and characters such as a prostitute, gay character, and Joy, Earl's ex wife who is sassy, rude, and funny! The show is a teen must and is guaranteed to delight your redneck comedy urges!
Teen, 13 years old Written byZer0 July 6, 2010

Make sure they know not to repeat lanauage.

I think it's cool. I watch it often. As long as the kids know not to repeat the language it's cool.
Adult Written byHuebel April 9, 2008

Hilarious, For Teens and Adults

I wouldn't recommend this for under 14. But it's a very funny show about making things right with people you have wronged. There are stereotypes: rednecks, mobile homes, beer drinking. But in the end, the show always has a happy ending.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovieperson23 April 9, 2008

Kid, 10 years old March 27, 2011

great but a bit salty

This is brill. earl is a great role model[when he is good] and there are some hirlarous jokes.its a bit rude on langue and one chracter is a homosexual but apart from that this is good family fun!
Teen, 15 years old Written byJWilliams303 September 8, 2009

I heard from a lot of people that it was a very funny show, so i tried watching it and it became one of my most favorite tv shows ever. Has some sexual humor in the show and some language, nothing much to worry about. Very good show.
Kid, 11 years old January 25, 2009

I laugh so hard at this!

This TV show is the best TV show EVER! I love it! I started watching it when I was like 9 or 10 and it is so amazing! Watch it!
Teen, 15 years old Written bylalaland462 May 28, 2009

I like it

Best white trash redneck show ever