All member reviews for My Name Is Earl

Offbeat, heartfelt comedy, but not for young kids.

Kid, 12 years old July 30, 2011

Amazing show with some explaining to kids

This is one of my favorite shows. There is violence mostly comical and cartoonish like chairs being wacked over heads. There is alot of sexual refernce seeing as one of earls children is a love child. There is also a day time hooker named patty who apears freaquintly and most times she is there there is a sexual refernce (usauly somthing kinky). They have a best friend who is a striper at a crazy, rich mans club so there are often stories about her job. They drink almost every episode not often is it heavy, but it does happen. The role models are good when it's not showing you things from earls (main characters past) he pretty much went from a no good thief who would steal when ever he got the chance to a true good guy. The language isn't that bad it's usualy when joy (earls ex-wife) makes fun of randy (earls slow brother).
Kid, 9 years old October 17, 2009

I started watching when i was 7. There is this hooker that is in most episodes and they say some cuss words
Parent Written bymorrgin March 24, 2015

Funny for Adults

I think it's funny but not for kids or young teenagers. It has good mesages but i dont think it compensates for all the rest of the content. Seems like it shows more of the negative side of humans like putting others down, name calling, instant gratification, drug use, verbal and emotional abuse, disrespect for others, lack of respect for oneself, lack of respect for your body, lack of respect for another person's body, etc.
Parent Written byluism January 14, 2015

my name is earl ??

This show was grate until randy started to be all over. got sick of his fase and dependence of others he got so annoying i just stopped watching at season 3 on netflix and gave it a 3 star .
Adult Written byEthan511 July 15, 2014

Amazing show, but not for little kids

This is one of the best TV shows I've watched in a while. While there is crude humor, some violence, and sexual innuendo, there is almost always a good message at the end. Earl could be seen as a positive role model because the show centers on him making up for all his wrong-doings.
Kid, 11 years old October 6, 2013

A.W.E.S.O.M.E

Awesome I'm only 10 I love it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byPrensha March 28, 2013

good for younger viewers

no sex or anything bad, pretty much no profanity
Teen, 16 years old Written byBob. jk my name... March 3, 2013

Review of Season 2-3

This show is one of the best things ever created. Shame that it was cancelled. It looks like Commonsense's review only focuses on the first season, but let me inform you- the show only goes uphill. The following seasons have beautiful writing. Yes, there is a lot of sex and language, but the show's message makes it one of the most kindhearted pieces of literature ever created. This show is all about helping people, making others happy, and about the overall goodness hidden within every human. It's beautiful, and it can be very eye- opening. I highly recommend it, it's one of my favorite shows ever. Just don't show it to kids who are too young to understand or be exposed to the more adult themes.
Kid, 12 years old March 21, 2012

Great message

has a good message, is a good show.
Kid, 9 years old June 11, 2011

Great show!

Started watching this last night and its great, but a lot of kids wont get some of the jokes but still its a great show.
Kid, 10 years old March 27, 2011

great but a bit salty

This is brill. earl is a great role model[when he is good] and there are some hirlarous jokes.its a bit rude on langue and one chracter is a homosexual but apart from that this is good family fun!
Teen, 14 years old Written byaTmeam July 17, 2010

Funny but watch for little ears!

Crude Humor
Teen, 13 years old Written byZer0 July 6, 2010

Make sure they know not to repeat lanauage.

I think it's cool. I watch it often. As long as the kids know not to repeat the language it's cool.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bynancylynn June 10, 2010

My son loves this show. He's almost 14 and I think that overall this show has a positive message.
Parent Written byPlague December 17, 2009

My Name is Earl

Very funny show. One of my favorties to watch.
Teen, 15 years old Written byChambear November 16, 2009

THE redneck comedy!

This is an amazing show for a redneck comedy! I have followed this show for some time now and it is still fresh and fun to this day! It is all about a man named Earl and his younger, innocently funny brother Randy who tackle a list full of past events that hurt other people. This list is led by Karma.The show though does feature some vulgar humor, some occasional language, and characters such as a prostitute, gay character, and Joy, Earl's ex wife who is sassy, rude, and funny! The show is a teen must and is guaranteed to delight your redneck comedy urges!
Teen, 15 years old Written byJWilliams303 September 8, 2009

I heard from a lot of people that it was a very funny show, so i tried watching it and it became one of my most favorite tv shows ever. Has some sexual humor in the show and some language, nothing much to worry about. Very good show.
Teen, 15 years old Written bylalaland462 May 28, 2009

I like it

Best white trash redneck show ever
Kid, 11 years old January 25, 2009

I laugh so hard at this!

This TV show is the best TV show EVER! I love it! I started watching it when I was like 9 or 10 and it is so amazing! Watch it!
Parent of a 10 year old Written byrobibeiss December 13, 2008

Best Comedy on TV

Love this show! Characters are insanely funny and premis of Karma is great for bringing a positive tone to a comdey that at times could be considered vulgar. I let my near 11 yr old watch it with me. I am a little less conservative than most parents, but I am ready to explain when things such as gay bars, hookers, and such comes up...although most of the time , he doesn't even ask cuz he doesn't get it. I.E. Hookers he thinks in the first episode- Earl tries to pay a girl to kiss and date the gay guy (because he doesn't understand 'sex' fully). If you are uncomforatble as parent explaining such things then wait till at least closer to 12.