All member reviews for My Name Is Earl

Offbeat, heartfelt comedy, but not for young kids.

Teen, 13 years old Written byPrensha March 28, 2013

good for younger viewers

no sex or anything bad, pretty much no profanity
Teen, 16 years old Written byBob. jk my name... March 3, 2013

Review of Season 2-3

This show is one of the best things ever created. Shame that it was cancelled. It looks like Commonsense's review only focuses on the first season, but let me inform you- the show only goes uphill. The following seasons have beautiful writing. Yes, there is a lot of sex and language, but the show's message makes it one of the most kindhearted pieces of literature ever created. This show is all about helping people, making others happy, and about the overall goodness hidden within every human. It's beautiful, and it can be very eye- opening. I highly recommend it, it's one of my favorite shows ever. Just don't show it to kids who are too young to understand or be exposed to the more adult themes.
Kid, 12 years old March 21, 2012

Great message

has a good message, is a good show.
Kid, 9 years old June 11, 2011

Great show!

Started watching this last night and its great, but a lot of kids wont get some of the jokes but still its a great show.
Kid, 10 years old March 27, 2011

great but a bit salty

This is brill. earl is a great role model[when he is good] and there are some hirlarous jokes.its a bit rude on langue and one chracter is a homosexual but apart from that this is good family fun!
Teen, 14 years old Written byaTmeam July 17, 2010

Funny but watch for little ears!

Crude Humor
Teen, 13 years old Written byZer0 July 6, 2010

Make sure they know not to repeat lanauage.

I think it's cool. I watch it often. As long as the kids know not to repeat the language it's cool.
Teen, 15 years old Written byChambear November 16, 2009

THE redneck comedy!

This is an amazing show for a redneck comedy! I have followed this show for some time now and it is still fresh and fun to this day! It is all about a man named Earl and his younger, innocently funny brother Randy who tackle a list full of past events that hurt other people. This list is led by Karma.The show though does feature some vulgar humor, some occasional language, and characters such as a prostitute, gay character, and Joy, Earl's ex wife who is sassy, rude, and funny! The show is a teen must and is guaranteed to delight your redneck comedy urges!
Teen, 15 years old Written byJWilliams303 September 8, 2009
I heard from a lot of people that it was a very funny show, so i tried watching it and it became one of my most favorite tv shows ever. Has some sexual humor in the show and some language, nothing much to worry about. Very good show.
Teen, 15 years old Written bylalaland462 May 28, 2009

I like it

Best white trash redneck show ever
Adult Written byHuebel April 9, 2008

Hilarious, For Teens and Adults

I wouldn't recommend this for under 14. But it's a very funny show about making things right with people you have wronged. There are stereotypes: rednecks, mobile homes, beer drinking. But in the end, the show always has a happy ending.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTnMovieFan2 April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovieperson23 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bygumba61 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bys_kellum April 9, 2008

refreshingly silly

What a great concept! I former jerk atoning for his bad behaviour. We thoroughly enjoy the silliness of Earl, Randy & gang. I just love that there is no laugh track to insult my intelligence.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMegaman man April 9, 2008

Great show

Come on how can u people not say that this is a great show.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysuitelife April 9, 2008

Must see......

This is my favorite show ever! Joy and Catalena's relationship is so hilarious! I like the newest episode with the carnival. This show is a must see for anyone who likes slapstick comedy. p.s. the 6th or 7th grade version of Earl is cute!
Teen, 15 years old Written byethandavid26 April 9, 2008

funny stuff

great moments of comedy live on this show