All member reviews for My So-Called Life

Mature teen angst at its best.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySlipperyQ October 7, 2011

Her So-Called Life

My mom gave me this show to watch when I turned thirteen. I've enjoyed every moment of it greatly- Angela reminds me of myself. I relate to her in so many ways. She, and all of the other colorful characters, are so easy to fall in love with. I rooted for them the entire time. The themes are heavy and intense, but easy to enjoy. The characters are introspective and interesting to listen to. I love it- and I will probably hold its messages close for the rest of my life.
Adult Written byyuri13 October 12, 2014

the only problem is the scenes of implied sex of Angela's parents.
Adult Written bydgm264 April 9, 2008

Teen, 17 years old Written byTheRandomBanana96 March 23, 2014

Really good show for older teens.

I remember this form a few years ago. Loved it as it deals with true teenage problems in a realistic and sensible way.
Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byheather.parker January 29, 2011

When this show came out, I was well beyond my teens, but I always thought it was one of the more realistic shows for teens. Also, I love Claire Danes. I will probably suggest it for my daughter when she is older (she is 12 now.)
Teen, 15 years old Written byspickolick April 6, 2010

Great Show, Am Going To Miss It

Such an amazing show. I'm so upset it was canceled as early as it was. To be honest, I was on the fence about watching it, until my mom eventually convinced me it was worth watching. Now all my friends and I have major marathons of this show and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, where we stay up all weekend watching nothing bu the two shows. My point here is that this is a show that is something you won't be forgetting any time soon. I can relate to almost any character, and much less racey than Freaks and Geeks, which is also an awesome show, but touches on more mature issues. Watch this show. You won't be disappointed.
Adult Written bySara06Marie April 9, 2008

Oh, how I long for the 90's.

A show from the 90's. I was only little then and none of this concerned me. However, when I watch it now, I'd say that it's very real. Reality is lacking from television these days, so this is a good show.