All member reviews for Mystery Science Theater 3000

Teen, 15 years old Written byNintendoFan_ January 1, 2015

Is 'MST3K' Alright For Kids?

Mystery Science Theater 3000 (MST3K) is an amazing show and should be seen by any movie fanatic or critic. The reason I say iffy for 13 and under is because the content may vary between which movie is being reviewed. Apart from that, MST3K has several 90's references that many kids of today might not understand.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBoyOfDestiny55 February 4, 2014

In The Not Too Distant Future, Next Movie Night AD...

This show is AMAZING! I watch it regularly with my dad, and their witty dry humor makes my day. It's not for everyone, but definitely try it out! Although this show has a relatively PG overall feel, there is definitely a more intense undertone that comes out every once in a while, causing the show to go off color for a short period. They quickly rebound however and don't dwell on being lude, but not before you get the chills when your parents are around. Let me explain: Sex: This show is overall not a crass or lude show. However, because it is a comedic show where they comment throughout the movie, the content they draw from the film can become crass and lude, even if for just a second. So, expect about on average 2-3 fast flying innuendos for each episode. Its a know your kid moment. I recommend previewing for anyone under the age of 12. Violence: almost a non issue. Their banter could make Alien as tame as Veggie Tales. Any violence whatsoever is proceeded by a funny line, cutting whatever gravitas the moment had off.
Kid, 11 years old December 5, 2013

Awesome

Awesome show, the movies are so bad and they bleep out language. You have to be fairly smart to understand a lot of the jokes though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFluteplayingtortiose August 20, 2012

Some episodes are funny while others are boring

Some of the shows are hilarious while others are just plain boring. The commentary is usually funny and inappropriate. They take some of the stupidest movies while the three guys make comments (smart-Alec comments) Some jokes neither kids or adults will get, but are very well thought out. You should try watching some shows. Although many are boring with jokes that aren't as funny as others. I am very smart but some of the sciency things they talk about are hard to understand. Really anyone can watch it and enjoy it not just people that like technology or sci-fi
Teen, 14 years old Written byExtremeAlex77 July 5, 2013

Best Show In the World!!

Hiliarious!!! It's Even Filmed in my city!
Teen, 13 years old Written byDoctor Who Lover July 21, 2012

Awesome show!

Great show. There are several things you should think about before showing your kid this, although it all depends on what movie. Language, drinking/smoking, violence, and some sexy stuff. But there are positive roll models and messages. Good for kids 10 and up.