All member reviews for MythBusters

Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Sting fan April 20, 2011

Great for everyone over the age of 8.

It is my favorite sceince show and 2 favorite show of all time. I love how iteresting it is. Also it is the only show I know of that is not afraid to admit they are wrong and that they will test something over again and try not to be embarrassed. They to use the occasional "hell" but it is in context. Sometimes they do test myths where they have to get drunk in order to test it but they allways say how much they hate doing it because they know its bad for them. I was suprised and a little scared when I was younger when they were testing how powerful dropping a toaster (or any other electricle apliance) they showed a clip from one of the child's play movies. It was very violent and I was only 9 years old at the time and I was in the bassment with all of the lights turned off. But I guess I was just being the scaredy cat that I am. I actually saw the episode the other day and well I realized that it really wasn't that bad. So in the end it will recomend Mythbusters is okay for any child 8 years or older. Just make sure they know what will happen in the electricution episode!
Kid, 10 years old January 27, 2011

love it
Kid, 11 years old December 31, 2010

Best Show..... EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG this is the best show on TV. The best mythbuster is Carrie. The only thing is that they say stuff like mild swears. Otherwise, this is the best show on TV. MY mom, dad, sister, and friends all LOVE it!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old March 11, 2015

OMG BEST TV SHOW EVER

OMG BEST TV show ever. Great TV show the ones I like best is the ones with big explosions . has mild talking every now and then but all of it is beeped out. anyway I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
Teen, 14 years old Written byTHS1892 July 17, 2014

Entertaining for Anyone

MythBusters is a great show to watch. It can be funny, has a lot to do with science, and you can learn a lot about urban legends and myths. Aside from the fact that there is some infrequent swearing and there are explosions (though not scary), this is an excellent family show.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDarky'sReviews July 11, 2014

Watch Out For The Language And Infrequent Strong Drinking, Otherwise It's A Top Class Show!

My sisters, particularly the 10 year old love this show to pieces, and for once it's a show that my mum and I can sit through without cringing. All of the Mythbusters seem like reasonably nice people with a good sense of humor and always taking the safety precautions for whatever crazy myth the viewers ask them to do. But their use of language can go outside the G rating (the worst of it being bleeped out) and in some rare episodes, the myths can involve some of the Busters getting drunk, or even to the extent of hangover just to solve some of their endless requests. But explosions is about as bad as the violence gets and most of the dangerous myths, like seeing if you can survive a car crash into a moose speeding up just has a replica dummy in the front seat and rarely anyone gets hurt. There isn't much sexuality besides the fact that the female Mythbuster, Kari often wears tight T shirts where you can easily see a streak of her midriff. Younger ones might not be interested in this as they might not be used to not having a dramatic story or a cartoon delivered to the mouth and some of the myths they end up doing might not be appropriate for them anyway, but for anyone 9+ it's a splendid family viewing. ON: 9+ IFFY: 0-8 (It really depends on the episode)
Kid, 11 years old July 7, 2014

This is the best show

I love this show it is so great and fun to watch.
Kid, 10 years old May 24, 2014

ok it has some acholol

there is some episodes were the are drunk and driving or just
Kid, 9 years old April 27, 2014

Awesome!

This show is a very good one, not like "Lets set random things on fire!" ones.
Kid, 11 years old February 3, 2014

Great, a few minor things to make sure you are okay with.

The Mythbusters use every precaution to be safe in their experiments, and always remind you to never try it at home. They apply science to what they're doing, but it isn't super cheesy or boring. The occasional mention or reference to sex, and some swearing that is almost always bleeped out, and some myths related to alchohol mean you have to know your child. Also, to make themselves sneeze for one myth, they use snuff, and then say, "This is terrible. I have no idea why anyone would do this recreationally."
Teen, 13 years old Written byThedude68683 December 8, 2013

What I think

This show is freaking epic I mean really this show has taught people a lot of crap including many many many uses of duct tape like making a boat or a duct tape or anything really a great show
Kid, 9 years old July 22, 2013

mythbusters

This show offers a fun, appropriate way of presenting science to children
Kid, 10 years old June 8, 2013

All in the name of science...

Funny, witty, and very educational Mythbusters is quite a clean and safe show. All bad language is blocked by beeps and other funny noises. They do some pretty gross things on this shiw but I can't stop watching it!
Kid, 11 years old May 12, 2013

Great Show

Very interesting and actually educational. Also the guys on the show are quite funny
Kid, 11 years old March 29, 2013

Myth Busters

Boring , boring , boring , BORING! It's really lame and I don't get their point of doing different experiments . Just to see if they're possible. So we don't care , Or at least I don't care about science.
Kid, 11 years old March 9, 2013

Really Intresting

I love this show. I think it's very interesting. It isn't violent,only the explosions. Language isn't bad either,strong words are bleeped out. Great learning!
Teen, 14 years old Written bycricketcat January 9, 2013

LOVE DIS SHOW

This show is AWESOME!! It's funny, educational, and just plain entertaining. They test common myths and legends and decided whether they're "busted" or not. Some are kind of gross, like they test if you can "polish turd" and stuff like that. You might want to be a little older so you can understand whats going on! If you can't understand ANY of it, it's plain boring.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCaitie11 December 12, 2012

MYTHBUSTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEST SHOW EVER! I love Mythbusters! Best educational show(: Positive Message- Tells you to be curious, challenge the world you know and tells you "Failure is always a option". Positive Role Models- Adam and Jamie show you can be smart and have a good show. Violence- Guns, bombs usual Mythbusters stuff. Language- Says H*ll, Oh my G*d, when words like s***, f****** are bleeped out. (In the episode where they test if swearing helps pain there is a lot of swearing but all bleeped out.) Consumerism- Just tell you to go to discovery channel website but most brands are blurred out (except like pop rocks, James bond) Drinking, Drugs & Smoking- Vodka myths, Beer goggles, Which is worse beer or beer and spirits, Does vodka take the smell from a smokers jacket. SOOOO GOOD!
Kid, 10 years old December 2, 2012

MythBusters

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its awesome, action-packed and funny! Nothing sexual either overall its great for kids 12 and up although its NOT suitable for ages UNDER 10
Teen, 16 years old Written bylovzhisdad October 18, 2012

Educational... with the issue of language.

while kids will be excited to see myths proven or disproven and be encouraged to be curious,there is some occasional mild swearing, so as long as your kids aren't prone to repeating exclamations of "Oh, my God!", "hell" and the like, this show should be a great pick for them.