All member reviews for Napoleon Dynamite

Quirky, gross humor in animated series based on cult hit.

Teen, 13 years old Written bykendallinc1 May 14, 2012

Not innapropriate compared to FOX's other cartoons

I read the review for this, and I thought it was wrong. There is punching, but no sexual humor. Their is mild cursing (think of CN's Regular Show), but none to offensive. This is a funny show and will not offend, unless if you detest mild cursing. Also, the humor is awfully similar to the film, and some endings to episodes can be heartwarming... I like it!
Kid, 11 years old May 7, 2012

SAWEET

Awesome! A+
Teen, 16 years old Written byndrwcd November 17, 2012

why did fox cancel it?

not as good as the movie but non the less it`s a pretty good cartoon series
Teen, 14 years old Written bygabemtz14 November 26, 2015

I love this show so much

Teen, 13 years old Written byTheProdigy November 20, 2015

awesome show. TV PG rating (Movie PG)

Good Show, if your child is allowed to watch any PG movies, and wants to watch this, let em. It isn't on any TV anymore. But you can find it on this website for free: www.kisscartoon.me
Adult Written byjoekabyemela April 13, 2012

napoleon dynamite

i didn't find this very funny i expected alot more but kids probably could watch this
Teen, 13 years old Written bypie or pie March 29, 2012

SHWEET!!!!

INDRODUCING......THE KING OF ALLLLLLLLLL COMEDY NAPOLEONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN..............DYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! putting what could be the GREATEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME!!! in to a cartoon series with the ORIGNAL CAST is brillant. Half of the jokes will fly over some kids heads. If you want your child to enjoy the cartoon i suggest you watch the movie first. both are epic.....5 STARS TO THE MAX!!
Kid, 12 years old March 21, 2012

Good show

its a good show, and don't seem that bad, other than language
Kid, 11 years old March 20, 2012

Napoleon Dynamite is really funny!

This show is so funny and really close to the movie! I really love that all of the characters are the same, and the directors make it really funny. The movie was one of my family's all-time favorites, so we have been loving the shows. If you have seen the movie, and really enjoyed it, watch the shows!
Kid, 10 years old March 9, 2012

''5 ***** (stars) for Napoleon'' means the best!!!

This show does not have uses of the ''d'' word or the ''h'' word, but does have uses of ''crap''. It has some comic violence like a boat chase or mind control. It had romantic moments. That's all definitely ''TV-PG-DLV'' material. So why did Matt Springer of Common Sense Media say it is off for ages 2-10? I say ''It's an animated series at its best.'' Jared and Jerusha Hess deserve Emmy Awards for Best Creating Duo. The two Hesses and Mike Scully also deserve one for Best Development Trio. I loved the 2004 PG-rated romantic comedy and the TV-PG-rated show is just so funny, I laugh my pants off. Jon Heder, I think, won an Oscar for Best Actor in 2005, so did Napoleon Dynamite for Best Picture. I just can't believe that Fox only airs 6 episodes per season and that ''FFA'' (abbreviated Future Farmers of America) is the season finale. Kip's reaction/phrase: ''JEEZ!'' Napoleon's reaction: ''What the crap, Fox?'' Grandma's reaction" ''The season finale is making me sick because we have to wait until like April 8 or something.'' Rico's reaction: ''OH COME ON!'' In more information news, the show is just as appropriate as The Simpsons. It has the characters of the movie accompanied with exciting objectives. When I saw Napoleon take ''Rack-U-Tane'' in ''Thundercone'', part 1 of the pilot, I had a feeling he was definitely filled with the objective of rage and anger. This has some words that substitute swears like ''bad-a''. I saw episode 3, ''Ligertown'', which has a Napoleon-imagined twist of ''Thundercats'', on IMDb, and I like how Napoleon tried to sneeze, burp, fart, and yawn at the same time to explode to ashes. This show is far from over/unfunny/disgusting/sucky. :D LOL. BTW, this has to be the best out of all shows I have seen. My version of rated content of movie: PG for brief mild language, innuendo, and comic violence. For the show: TV-PG-DLV for scenes of mild suggestive dialogue/innuendo, brief coarse language, and mild/moderate/comic violence, in which parental guidance is suggested. In postivity news, a few noticable characters, like Napoleon (Jon Heder), Deb (Tina Marjino), Pedro (Efren Ramirez), and others go to high school. Second, Rico (Jon Gries) actually lives in his van and loves football. Third, Rex (Diedrich Bader) teaches people how to fight. Finally, the characters frequently and/or repeatedly represent many positive stereotypes.
Teen, 15 years old Written byComedyKing February 21, 2012

WHAT THE HECK IS THIS?!?!

Napoleon Dynamite is my dad's favorite movie of all time and I will agree with him. It was great! I wanted to see what this show like. It's so stupid! It's NOT Napoleon Dynamite! They ruined it! It's not even funny eather. A total insult to a great movie!
Kid, 8 years old February 1, 2012

good

it is the best show and it is kinda goofy cause napoleon tried to sneeze fart burp and yawn at the same time its on the 3rd episode
Kid, 12 years old February 1, 2012

awesome

i was thinking that it would be really stupid and not funny unlike the movie but it is the greatest show ever made
Kid, 8 years old January 23, 2012

not to bad

OKAY MOST PEOPLE ARE GONNA CALL ME IDIOTS FOR THIS BUT THIS SHOW IS FOR 8 YR OLDS AND OLDER 1. VERY LITTLE BAD LAUNGEDGE 2. VERY LITTLE BAD THINGS 3. GOOD MESSEGE
Teen, 13 years old Written bymo121798 January 21, 2012

A big disappointment.

My mom, my sister, and I watched the one where Napoleon uses this ointment called "rack-o-tane" or something like that on his acne and it makes him angry and tough. I was a little disappointed on how the show was. There are a few funny parts parts, but there are a few inappropriate parts, such as sexual content, in the show that made me feel uncomfortable. It's nothing like the movie. It's nowhere near better than the movie in 2004. The show is borderline to "Family Guy". If I'm not allowed to watch "Family Guy", I might not be allowed to watch this. I would watch it before letting your kids watch it if you are a parent who is very cautious about what things your kids watch.
Kid, 12 years old January 21, 2012

Um, ew!

This show is really gross. I loved the movie, but this is just disgusting! And it's really corny, only makes me slightly smirk at its funniest.
Kid, 10 years old January 21, 2012

Hey

It shouuld be Ages 2-9 Off and Ages 10+ On. Im 10 and like this show. So Funny. -_-. LOL. SOS.
Teen, 16 years old Written byGoolsfold January 19, 2012

Tweens and Up.

Some drinking/ smoking, and mild language like d*mn, a*s, h*ll, but other than that OK for most tweens.
Kid, 12 years old January 17, 2012

Napoleon Returns!!!

I love the 2004 movie, it brings out the nerd in all of us; when I heard that there was going to be an animated series made about it, I was all over it!!! Napoleon's past and future selves are hilarious, Kip's "Fushigi" skills are "sweet", and Uncle Rico is side splitting funny! The only concern I have is the frequent use of minor swear words. Other than that, watch it!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byParamoreFan09 January 16, 2012

Disappointing... Characters feel entirely different and are accompanied with unfunny jokes.

I was really disappointed... :/ This spinoff of the 2004 movie is definitely not as good (obviously, it wouldn't be seeing as it's a TV show), but in my opinion, the jokes are just bad and it doesn't even do the movie justice, despite the fact that it was created by the same people and has the same actors as the movie. The humor is gross and the characters don't have the same feel as in the movie, which I would expect in the least. It feels like an entirely different thing with the same quirky voices and oddball characters. I wouldn't bother... I'm trying not to let it screw up my favorite movie. The characters personalities seem off to me, not like the ones I've gotten to know from watching the movie a billion times. Also, at least the movie has a realistic indie feel, this is just unrealistic situations blown way out of proportion, unrelatable and with no essence of the underdog message the movie gives off. It's a shame, I was looking forward to this. Also... Where is LaFawnduh? I mean seriously... couldn't they be consistent with the story they have created? Dumping that character was also a miss. I hope it gets better than the two pilot episodes that aired last night. Main difference? The movie is funny. This is farthest from it.