All member reviews for Naruto

Popular anime series has lots of fights, strong characters.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysportgamer April 9, 2008

This show is Perfectly Appropriate

First of all, I am a complete expert on everything on this show and I think people are completely exagerating on their reviews. It's is appropriate as long as the child has a brain. Nobody on this show says a bad word even once(trust me. I've seen every single episode). Sure there is blood, but very little. Only a couple drops of it at most. When Naruto transforms into the girl, you see NO NUDITY AT ALL!It is completely appropriate. There is a lot of violence, I'll admit that,but I don't see why that would be inaproppriate. As for the kiss Sasuke and Naruto share: it was an accident. One kid pushed naruto and he falls over. Besides they don't show the kiss. You just hear a smooch noise. One thing that is innapropriate is that Jiraiya, Naruto's later sensei, is a total pervert(he is proud of it,too). He constantly searches for young woman and goes crazy one he sees any. He also isn't shy to expose Naruto to it. He is also the author of an adult book that Naruto's first sensei always reads.But they never expose the readings of the book. It has a very insperational theme. The story is about a boy who had no friends or family and that was a no talent and who turned nothing into something. he is always improving, implying you can do anything if you try hard. For kids, this show is awesome. It's entertaining,sad,funny,action-filled, and it's full of suspense. Everyone should see watch this show.
Teen, 14 years old Written byturyalkhan September 29, 2011

Naruto Mostly Ok

Everything in the series is mostly ok.But at certain time times Naruto becomes a nude lady which is quite disturbing for the young viewers and there is a lot of violence as well.But,on the other hand it teaches teamwork and believing in yourself.
Teen, 14 years old Written byGaara-Kazekage May 1, 2011

Well, I think it's clear that 'I' like the show..

Honestly, I just picked back up on watching it, (a few years back I watched it- and Gaara was 'still' my favorite character). The character development is pretty strong, they have complex emotions and some have very horrible back stories. For younger kids, the fights and the way some characters look might be a little scary- hense it being PG. A few people die here and there- blood is shown, and fights take forever at times- and believe me I hate long fight scenes. There is language at times, and the 'sexy jutsu' -(Naruto turns into a naked woman) made me almost loose my lunch. Even though these things are in the negetive lighting- and will stay there- there are so many good things about the show that I'm willing to dismiss those. The friendship/respect and loyalty the characters have for eachother is insperational. Bad characters change heart due to understanding, (like Gaara changed due to Naruto understanding him), before that, Gaara was a killing machine, keeping to his motto 'love only yourself'. Even, he is willing to kill his siblings if they stay in his way. Naruto made him see the light- those kind of transformations are something you don't always see in shows. I agree with AnimeFreak200, though. A very overrated show.
Parent of a 9 and 13 year old Written byVeryProudParent June 6, 2011

A great anime.

My 8-year-old son and I watch this every Saturday when it airs on Disney XD. I used to watch this with my 13-year-old son, but he doesn't watch it anymore (he instead watches Kekkaishi and others).
Kid, 11 years old May 28, 2010

I. Absolutely love this show. It tells me, that anything is possible if I put my mind into it. I watched this when I was very young, and it has influenced me ever since. The fighting may be an issue for younger kids, but, if everyone in the world would take time to watch this, it could changed the world. This anime, is about a boy with a monster trapped inside him. Everyone shunned him, but he found someone that acknowledged him, and he was top ninja. This anime is a true classic, and there will never be an anime that will be as life changing as this. There are many kids that are in the position of being "hated" and this, will change their life. Please take time to watch this, and don't judge it by the first few episodes. This show has absolutely brought me to tears.
Adult Written byCocktailSquid October 19, 2014

Great adventure, heroes, and story

If they had had this series when I was a child, I would have wanted to be a ninja until high school (I would have still wanted to be a ninja but would have found out that there were few colleges for it.). It is a great story, it has wonderful role models, and it focuses on following dreams and trying to help make the world a better place. There is a lot of violence, since it is an action series; but most of the actual hits are done "off camera" or not shown closely. There are a few parts that can be hard if you have a sensitive child, but in general, I would say it is safe for most ages. There is some smoking, drinking, and stupid anime girl oggling; but it's nothing too serious and not something that is really something they could mimic. There is some death in the series, but it is something that is handled as a very serious thing. It is shown as being something that affects their lives, not as something that happens every day -- even ninjas.
Teen, 15 years old Written byrock lee rules,... April 9, 2008
Adult Written byParranormalHour June 21, 2013

More to the story than Naruto

On thing that really bugs me is the 'there is blood and violence'. Yeah you should have figured that out going into the series. THEY ARE NINJA! A ninja is in all honesty an assassin. They kill for money. While these ninja's are slightly different and take other missions they are still ninjas not every kill is going to be a clean one. Next Naruto has a nine tailed demon fox sealed inside of him. He hates being treated as the fox (Kyuubi). However Naruto had an easier life than the other Jinchuriki (means human sacrifice) Gaara of Suna. Gaara's name literally means I love only myself, I am demon. His name describes him very well. Next we have Jiriaya, he rights adult novels and is scene doing 'research' meaning watching women bathe. Then there's Itachi and Sasuke who have a very dysfunctional family relationship. Oh, another thing that bugs me about Common Sense's review is they forgot to mention Sakura. Personally I think Sakura is weak until Shippuden. Then there is Naruto's Sexy Jutsu and Harem Jutsu. He transforms in a young, gifted woman with smoke covering all the innapporate parts. He mainly uses this to expose perverts or get something from Jiriaya. I think it is funny and not offensive at all as it shows how perverted men are. I guess what I am trying to say is its a show about ninjas in a country where wars are not uncommon. Children are trained as ninjas who kill because it is kill or be killed, but they are also protecting their village. Betraying your village is seen as taboo. Loyalty and betrayal are two themes of Naruto. I personally I think Shikamaru makes a better role model than Naruto because Shikamaru actually takes responsibly, thinks things through, and is very smart.
Adult Written byv3ng3ful December 4, 2012

High morals.

Just because I saw the review raping common sense over Naruto criticism; parents, do not show this to your children, because the ethics it suggests require more maturity and intelligence to comprehend. I suggest at least 12+ not about violence, or swearing, but because only at that age you can understand or feel the messages and emotions in it. No one said about the principles Naruto shows, the SERIOUS morals, the CONNECTIVE LINK of population which is being replaced by your society's consumerism, your society's INDIFFERENCE, your society's INTOLERANCE and your society's individuality. Naruto shows you how to be human. I'm dissappointed to admit that but... from now on, the quality "human" will be a required teaching in schools... Well, you can show it to your young children too. I doubt they'll catch any message.. Positive message: Thousands of positive messages about family, friendship, caring about nature and animals, honoring the passed ones. Positive role models: One for EVERYONE. Just pick yours. Violence: LOTS of it. Certainly less than the violence OUTSIDE your house, in the street. Sex: Never mentioned. Language: Lots of swearing, at least in the Japanese version. Consumerism: No. Drinking, drugs, smoking: Several scenes with people drinking "sake", one important character, Asuma-sensei used to smoke a lot. Stop hypocrism, let kids see the truth about the world; sooner or later they will. You just want them to see it when you are not around. Shallow...
Adult Written byAl Jackson April 20, 2012

Pretty good Anime.

I love this Anime so much! It has a great theme song and great animation!
Teen, 13 years old Written byGerald Stepp February 26, 2012

My Review is in the link

Click
Adult Written byAnnabel357 June 15, 2011

Believe in Yourself and Never Give Up On Your Dreams

Naruto may be violent in many aspects, but the messages in this show are, I would say, the best things about it. They're incredibly meaningful. Naruto has a drive that enables him to never give up, and always shoot for his dreams. No matter who you are, or what setbacks you have, achieving your dream is possible. Not only does the boy Naruto start out as a flop, but every one hates him for what he was born as. Every one isolates him, and hates him. Kids bully him and beat him up. But his persistence and drive never falters. He goes from a child that everyone hates to a child that everyone grows to love and cherish. Another great message is that he never gives up on his friends either. His dearest friend Sasuke goes over to "the dark side," and for years, Sakura and Naruto chase Sasuke around, holding on to the remaining chords of their friendship, and never give up on bringing him back to their village and saving him from a terrible future. Naruto shows what friendship truly is in many aspects, and he shows that you can make a difference, even if everyone says you can't. All you have to do is believe in yourself. This show is a truly phenomenal show.
Kid, 12 years old July 16, 2010

Cool Show

Don't know why everyone hates it. I think its really cool and funny.. some of the morals are stupid, but I still think its awesome. ^.^
Adult Written bygood father who... May 3, 2010

Naruto, the truth behind the facts

Okay, I am a huge fan of Naruto, and have seen every episode, in Japanese and English, in Japan it's up to a part 2 after a time skip of 3 years and everyone is 3 years older, nonetheless, the review: As the show is aired on Cartoon Network I'd give it 10+, but the fact is it is extremely edited from the original Japanese version, the Japanese version used words such as "shit" "damn" "bastard" an awful lot, and the violence was much bloodier, that is why there are Naruto Uncut box sets, which many collector's and kids probably want, be careful, the English version of these is fine, with cursing such as "crap" or "damn", but the violence raises it to Viz's T+ rating (16+), and part 2 of naruto is being released in a year, and that is after the time skip, which is much bloodier, sexual, and using more cursing then many shows on adult swim, Part 2 is planned to be aired on adult swim as TV-14 for a reason, it's scary as well, as the akatsuki members consist of a Grim Reaper, a man made of dead bodies sewn together, a man who turned himself into a living puppet along with thousands of others by removing their organs, etc. Be careful But it is a great anime, great plot, America did some terrible dubs, I recommend the Japanese version for the more mature kids, I've seen the uncut in Japanese and every episode, and I believe it's a terrific anime, thumbs up
Adult Written byjoshuaryung January 11, 2009

This is a very good kid show but if u want a more adult show watch naruto shippuden

Adult Written bycameo January 4, 2009
Teen, 14 years old Written byWaffleSlaya August 8, 2015

Meaningful story, Violence and nudity

The english dub that was aired on CN is perfectly fine for children over 8 years old, however, the english sub for the japanese version is inappropriate for children under the age of 12 because there is sexual references and some nudity. The characters often use "Damn" but nothing else. You can let you're 8 year old watch the CN version, but unless he/she is over 12, don't let them watch the japanese english sub.
Parent Written byKakashi_Hatake October 9, 2011

Epic story telling at its finest!

Nartuo and Naruto Shippuiden are both excellent, filled with rich character development, multiple story arcs, and points of view. Taken together, these are easily as sophisticated as adult shows produced by HBO and Showtime. Frankly, they might beyond the capacity of younger less mature viewers to follow. The Japanese is version isn't censored and in my opinion better.
Kid, 11 years old June 22, 2011

Naruto-good or bad

Well if you like ninjas this is your show. Some episodes on season 1 can be innapropriate like episode 2 and a couple more. But if you want to watch the fights and stuff like that but dont want to watch the iffy stuff and your young start at episode 4 and skip episode 52 and so on. Then start at 60 or 59 i cant remember also dont watch episode 140. You can thats your choice but i recomend it.
Adult Written byTrollUnderaBridge September 17, 2010

You would think with more than 300 episodes, that they'd find a deeper message

Has probably the most linear, recycled plot; 1-dimensional cardboard cut-out characters. How it rose to fame is another question altogether. Though I think it may have to do with the titular character's overuse of DATTEBAYO. Even the underlying message is not great. Allegedly it's supposed to represent how hard work will overtake talent, however that is not the case. Rock Lee, who has probably had the hardest childhood and training, is easily outstripped in terms of power by those born with powers (Naruto's demonfox, Sasuke's sharingan, etc). A brief summary of the show's message: no matter how hard you work in life, you'll never be as great as the people who were born into power.