All member reviews for New Girl

Heartwarming roommate comedy with innuendo, drinking.

Teen, 17 years old Written byCriminal_Minds September 26, 2011

So Funny! Best new comedy of the Fall!

This show is amazing!!! Zoey's character is just hilarious! I totally recommend you watching this! There are a few sexual references here and there, but what comedy doesn't do that? Other than that, there is some social drinking, and probably the worst of the language is hell or ass. It has good role models. The guys see Zoey as a friend, and when her date stands her up, they comfort her in a hilarious and really sweet way! Can tell they care for her, some characters more than others, but they're still good. I totally recommend this show to anybody, LOVE IT!
Adult Written bydr dew November 1, 2011

about last night

i am a chistian man who has fallen in love with both the girl from this show but last nights episode was just too mutch talk about sex and love for me as a christian to realy enjoy as i usualy would enjoy this program i can only hope that it was just an off night for the producers and creators of this other wise wonderful sitcom the only good thing is that none of my younger siblinges were with me last night
Parent of an infant, 2, 6, and 10 year old Written byAG Fan Parent August 16, 2013

Amazing, enjoyable, and funny-but not another sitcom for the kids.

Like any TV-14 show-sitcoms in particular-the jokes are usually very, well, TV-14. You're not going to find 13-year-old girls doing silly things, you're going to find adults making jokes about sex, drinking, etc. This show really does have a lot of good messages tied up in it, especially those about friendship, but that doesn't mean it's for kids. I enjoy catching the latest episode, but by no means consider this a show to have on while my 10-year-old is watching. Because a lot of kids nowadays are looking for something more then Disney and Nick, they turn to shows on Fox and ABC Family. If you think they're old enough to watch shows often centered on sex, getting drunk, etc (my own personal minimum age for that type of stuff is 11-13), then fine. Just be aware that if you aren't, "sitcom" doesn't mean "funny show for kids."
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 February 23, 2014

Going into this expecting the worse, but was blown away

Let me start by saying this isn't your average show... Saying this is a TV show for girls is wrong...It has scenes that are funny and dramatic that are keeping me watching this amazing show. Just know there is some crude humor and sexual content but never graphic and never any nudity. Language is used and there is drinking but both of these are not strongly used and are pretty harmless. 11 and up. Suggested MPAA- PG-13: for Crude and Sexual Content, and Language.
Parent of a 7 and 12 year old Written byMonicaMom September 26, 2013

Cute show, but not for young kids/teens.

This is a cute show, but not for younger kids or teens. There is a lot of sex, sexual references, stereotyping and quite a bit of drinking too.
Parent Written byMishman July 15, 2013

Suitable for 13 year olds? Really?

Really? Menages a trois and being a sex slave/toy are suitable subjects for 13 year olds these days? The "heartwarming" friendships seem to me to be thin cover for fitting in as much sex and titillation as possible. I'm all for that, but not for 13 year olds.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymaria1236 November 12, 2012

perfect for teens

i think this show is really funny!! i love zooey deschanel, i think she's hilarious. the show really has its loving moments. like they will all stick up for each other at the end, cause they all really love each other. im so glad that they came out with a second season, hopefully another.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFancyPants15 November 1, 2011

Great Show!!!! :)

This is a great show!!! It's incredibly adoreable, & a bit cheesey at times, but I don't mind that. And, yes, there are a few "inappropriate" moments, but only things like small cusses. There are a few drinking scenes also, but that's about it. I reccomend this show to anyone looking for a good laugh. :)
Adult Written byAsh111 March 29, 2016
It is funny. However, there is a lot of sex, sexual harrassment, innuendo, sex talk, etc. There is swearing, but also a lot of unnecessary uses of "penis" and "vagina" and many sexual slurs. The characters often drink (they even play a drinking game several times) and are drunk-- which often causes many of the things I've listed above. There are some racial jokes made as well-- not very many though.
Kid, 12 years old January 19, 2015

Seen every episode!

I love this show! I have been watching it for almost 2 years. Even though there is some age inappropriate stuff... I still think it is okay.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEpicKevinMan December 31, 2011

Most Episodes OK for Families

Most episodes are good, but still some sexual content. But some episodes like "Naked" or "Bad in Bed" aren't kid friendly (You could probably tell by the name of the episode). Zooey Deshchanel is a very good actress!
Teen, 17 years old Written byAbigail_Hope December 3, 2011

A fun show, but it would be better with less content.

I'm a huge fan of Zooey Deschanel, and this show doesn't disappoint. Jess is quirky and confident in herself, yet incredibly naive at times. The show is quite funny, but the sexual references are rarely humorous and only seem to detract from the story line and likeable (though imperfect) characters.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCaraghx May 24, 2015

Great show for kids 12 and up

I began watching the show when I was 12 years old and honestly I love it. It's the perfect show for teens to enjoy as it's a very light hearted, funny show with a lot of real life situations. Jessica Day is definitely a very kind spirited, good hearted character for your child to learn from and look up to. In terms of age appropriance Id say if your child is mature and watched shows such as friends, how I met your mother ect. before then this is perfect for them! The show include mild sexual references, drinking, drinking games and the odd bit of iffy language. Apart from that it's a fantastic show for your young teen to enjoy!
Kid, 12 years old December 15, 2014

Modernized "Friends" with more Sexual Content

I have found myself comparing this television program to "Friends" quite often. Although I enjoyed this show pretty much, I still love friends more. It follows Schdmit, Jess, Cece, Nick, and Winston. Jess is roommates with the three boys, which can cause sexual scenarios such as accidentally seeing one naked (no nudity shown). Cece is a model, and you constantly do see Schdmit attempt to seduce her. The program has a lot if sexual content. Nudity is limited to shoulders, being covered with pillows/towels, or bras and shirtless. Strip dances, naked dancing, one-night-stands, immediate sex, cheating, jerking off, fantasy spot #3, sex without a relationship, and many others are discussed and/or depicted. In one episode, they thought Schmidt was raping a woman, and in other, they made "Dirty Santa." There are some occasional language issues. The boys have a douchebag jar, there are some sexual phrases and people discussing genitals, and some swearing. Nick is a bartender. Therefore, characters drink and are shown drinkin . Some underage drinking is limited to twenty-year-old college girls drinking at a party. Violence is pretty mild. There are points were a man pulls out a gun before putting away, cars get into crashes, and a woman dies. Strong or frightening themes include death. In one episode, one of the characters may have cancer. There is discussing of death of parents and how that one character needed to live his life a little more. Jess is a great role model. She says she doesn't want to change herself for anybody else. Also, she she believes that everybody has a good side and you should treat them with kindness. I'd rate this iffy for twelve-year-olds because a twelve-year-old herself, I've heard and seen stuff worse at school. It wouldn't be new information, but it really is up to the parents.
Teen, 15 years old Written byawesome_person March 26, 2012

Awesome but a little too sexy

I am 14 but I think it is THE FUNNIEST sitcom known to amn. if you let your kids watch glee then new girl is definitely ok. I LOVE IT!!! Zooey is sooo cute.
Teen, 14 years old Written byreviews_101 March 12, 2012

Iffy at some points, but overall a great show

I started watching this show a few days ago, and I love it! It's really funny and entertaining. The only thing is that they make a lot of refrences to sex, and sometimes they're drinking. But if you're mature about that and get passed that then this show is great! :) I recommend it for mature people 12 and older.
Kid, 12 years old January 15, 2012

OK, but a pass

A comedy some may not get, but overall a OK series. I don't watch it but I managed to watch it for the first few episodes. Personally don't think it's that good.
Teen, 13 years old Written byyeah.okay.sure May 2, 2016

I LOVE THIS SHOW

I saw this show on Netflix and am literally in love with it because of how funny and cute the whole show is. However it does talk a lot about sex so tags a caution. So yeah but there is one good message which is whenever life gets you down you can still get back up which you can learn mostly from Jess. Oh and there is not TOO much of everything I insert as cautions I'm just telling you to be aware of it.
Parent Written byAvalou10 April 24, 2016
Teen, 13 years old Written byspaeder_11 November 16, 2015

Great but innapropriate

The characters al sleep around and encurage one night stands. Alot of drinking. Overall a great show.