All member reviews for New Girl

Teen, 17 years old Written byAbigail_Hope December 3, 2011

A fun show, but it would be better with less content.

I'm a huge fan of Zooey Deschanel, and this show doesn't disappoint. Jess is quirky and confident in herself, yet incredibly naive at times. The show is quite funny, but the sexual references are rarely humorous and only seem to detract from the story line and likeable (though imperfect) characters.
Teen, 17 years old Written byCriminal_Minds September 26, 2011

So Funny! Best new comedy of the Fall!

This show is amazing!!! Zoey's character is just hilarious! I totally recommend you watching this! There are a few sexual references here and there, but what comedy doesn't do that? Other than that, there is some social drinking, and probably the worst of the language is hell or ass. It has good role models. The guys see Zoey as a friend, and when her date stands her up, they comfort her in a hilarious and really sweet way! Can tell they care for her, some characters more than others, but they're still good. I totally recommend this show to anybody, LOVE IT!
Teen, 13 years old Written byEpicKevinMan December 31, 2011

Most Episodes OK for Families

Most episodes are good, but still some sexual content. But some episodes like "Naked" or "Bad in Bed" aren't kid friendly (You could probably tell by the name of the episode). Zooey Deshchanel is a very good actress!
Teen, 17 years old Written byDarkdani17 January 5, 2012

It's Jess!

Who's that girl?. . .it's jess! =) This show is so cute and funny! Some episodes are more appropriate than others but its ok for older teens. Depends on maturity
Teen, 13 years old Written byclezny November 9, 2011

One of my favorite shows!

This show is super cute and has some great messages, but there ARE a few sexual references that may not be appropriate for younger kids. However, they are always presented in a comical and non-vulgar way. They joke are hysterical and the characters heartwarming and lovable. I love this show and think others will too!
Teen, 13 years old Written bygoodreadsforme! October 3, 2011

good show clap clap!!!

I thought it was hilarious in a quirky way! I mean, what comedy has 30 sec of lord of the rings quotes? New Girl does! It was funny. It may have SOME sexual references but not very much. Its gone before you notice it so to speak. It is not like seinfeld where they talk about it for 2 min. It is a great comedy to watch with your kids. Your kids will not notice innuendo but parents will and think its funny. The only REAL sexual thing would be the first 2 min where jess comes home wanting to have sex with her boyfriend only to see he has another girl at their apartment. So you can just skip that! The rest was funny. Also, there was a hilarious mormon joke that made me LAUGH SO HARD( I'm mormon by the way :D)
Teen, 14 years old Written bySafemancam001 November 21, 2011

Good comedy, but too innapropriate for kids

No one under 9 would get it at all. It's too innapropriate for kids under 12. And, it sends bad messages about sex to teens. If your child is by a scientific definition a child don't let him/her watch this show. Other than that, weather or not you should let your kid watch it sould be based on their maturity level. The show is funny but understand that every joke revolves around sex. The show with the best plot was one where Jess sees Nick naked and makes a strange laughing noise. Then, Nick can't have sex without thinking about the noise that Jess made. There is a good example to decide weather or not you want your kid watching it. My overall review is that New Girl is a pretty good comedy, but really innapropriate.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFancyPants15 November 1, 2011

Great Show!!!! :)

This is a great show!!! It's incredibly adoreable, & a bit cheesey at times, but I don't mind that. And, yes, there are a few "inappropriate" moments, but only things like small cusses. There are a few drinking scenes also, but that's about it. I reccomend this show to anyone looking for a good laugh. :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byVeronique148 February 15, 2012

round of applause!!!

Haha you will love this show!Some drinking scenes here and there but thats about it.Yes its cheesy at some points but its funny!You will love zooey in this xD
Kid, 12 years old January 15, 2012

OK, but a pass

A comedy some may not get, but overall a OK series. I don't watch it but I managed to watch it for the first few episodes. Personally don't think it's that good.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTeenParent15 January 24, 2012

Best New Show on!

Jess is so cute and funny! This show is hilarious, there is some language but it's not unbearable. This biggest problem is sex (mostly in Bad in Bed, and somewhat in 'Naked') but in all of the episodes, but as long as your kid is mature it's fine.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymaria1236 November 12, 2012

perfect for teens

i think this show is really funny!! i love zooey deschanel, i think she's hilarious. the show really has its loving moments. like they will all stick up for each other at the end, cause they all really love each other. im so glad that they came out with a second season, hopefully another.
Teen, 15 years old Written byawesome_person March 26, 2012

Awesome but a little too sexy

I am 14 but I think it is THE FUNNIEST sitcom known to amn. if you let your kids watch glee then new girl is definitely ok. I LOVE IT!!! Zooey is sooo cute.
Teen, 14 years old Written byreviews_101 March 12, 2012

Iffy at some points, but overall a great show

I started watching this show a few days ago, and I love it! It's really funny and entertaining. The only thing is that they make a lot of refrences to sex, and sometimes they're drinking. But if you're mature about that and get passed that then this show is great! :) I recommend it for mature people 12 and older.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJTDB January 11, 2013

Great Show. Sexual references and language do not detract

This is a great TV show and not as sexually explicit as other 'kids' or 'teen' shows. It has no major swearing as in doesnt use the f word. By using more 'interesting' words and sexual referrences that make the show what it is; a quirky, interesting show perfect for older (15,16,17) or younger (12,13) viewers...
Kid, 12 years old April 11, 2012

new girl

so so funny i love it
Teen, 13 years old Written byspencerhastings November 29, 2013

Nice Comedy.

I think this show is a good comedy. Some episodes are suitable for younger kids, but other episodes are totally off-limits! I started watching this show just recently, and honestly, I still feel like I'm a little too young for this show! However, I like to think that I'm mature, so I think (I hope!) I can handle this show. The first two seasons are great, but in my opinion, season 3 isn't as good as the other seasons. There is implied sex. Although it is not shown, the camera will show a guy and a girl in bed together, with both clearly having no top. there are also intense make-outs between a girl in her bra and a guy who is half-naked. I think you should at least be 12 (which is still WAY TOO YOUNG). I think the right age would be 14, but if you're a mature 13 year old, then you can try New Girl and see if it is right for you. I'd rate this show a 7.2/10.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLl122 July 30, 2013

Good for teens and adults

This show is so hilarious and addict ing! Can't stop watching! Some sexual references but not much different to glee or violence in pretty little liars! Tip: read episode info before watching. Most episodes state whether or not something sexual may occur.
Teen, 16 years old Written byNikkiVo July 25, 2012

Good Show

Kid, 12 years old January 19, 2015

Seen every episode!

I love this show! I have been watching it for almost 2 years. Even though there is some age inappropriate stuff... I still think it is okay.