All member reviews for Numb3rs

Smart crime drama OK for teens.

this is a great show!

i you had to pick one of the many crime investigation shows Numb3rs is the best! it is a great show that the whole family can sit down and see! it is Friday nights at 10. this one isn't another trashy crime show, it is very enjoyable and real.all though there are always murders and bloodeness not much is actually shown. 13+

i luuuuuuuuuv it

my second fav show okay for younger kids as long as they dont mind the whole looking at bloody and sometimes gruesome people at crime areas also sometimmes parents are killed wich could upset younger kids but i've been watching it sense i was 11 and it was fine.
Teen, 16 years old Written byluke3854 November 8, 2009

Amuseing,educationalish show

this is a great series to get into.it has educational value too with the math they explain. I highly reccomend this for 12+
Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviegeek April 9, 2008

Awesome! Very interesting

The best part of the show is when Charlie (the math genius brother) uses mathematical formulas to solve crimes.
Adult Written byLowe's man January 26, 2015

Will introduce adults and teenagers to a new way of thinking about math.

"We all use math every day", goes the opening line in the first season. Especially Charlie Epps. His brother Don, an FBI agent, thought that the FBI could use someone like Charlie, who's highly skilled in mathematics. NUMB3RS shows how math is sometimes used to solve crimes. In one episode, for example, when a college student died it was at first thought to be a suicide. But when Charlie did all his calculations it was concluded that the death happened because of some faults with a building. In what turned out to be the final episode mathematics even enabled Don to find and get back his gun! While some may find the show nerdy, everyone can benefit from watching the show. While parts of each episode will go over viewers' heads unless they've taken up serious study of mathematics, they'll see nevertheless the role math sometimes plays in solving crimes. As for the violence, while it's more intense than that in crime dramas of the 70s or 80s, it isn't really any more intense here than in many other crime dramas today, and it only lasts briefly in this show. Certainly it isn't anything that teens haven't already seen. (Even if parents disapprove of or forbid such shows, teens hear about them from kids at school or family gatherings or perhaps even from teachers.) In summary, I'd highly recommend NUMB3RS, as it introduces viewers a new way of thinking about math. But don't get the wrong idea. In October of 2005, at the start of the 2nd season, David Krumholtz (Charlie) told TV Guide that children as young as 6 were watching. NUMB3RS isn't for kids that young! Kids at that age should be learning about numbers from SESAME STREET or CAPTAIN KANGAROO! I'd give this show a red light for 11 and under, a yellow light for 12-14 and a green light for 15 and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMojoJojo2004 January 5, 2015

Real good!

This is a great show, yes it's ALL 'bout crime and of course NUMBERS! So if that's all right with you then go ahead, but watch the first episode to make sure if you want to. Hope I helped!
Kid, 11 years old August 26, 2013

NUMB3RS

I started watching this when I was 11. Some parts where a little to weird and sexual but if you kid knows what it is they should be fine. Not so much drugs are mentioned or shown but there are some. It was great but some episodes where inappropriate
Kid, 11 years old December 29, 2012

I <3 NUMB3RS!

oh my gosh i <3 this show! I agree with CSM a lot on this one but the violence and rare sex is honestly not as bad as CSM says it is. I have watched this show since I was ten and it isn't that bad. I am a very mentally mature girl with a strong stomach so maybe its different for other people. Don and Charlie are very good role models, as are Amita and Larry. The relationship between Charlie and Amita is excellent, they really treat each other as equals. It is a great example of a healthy relationship. *SPOILER ALERT* Amita and Charlie get married in the end. Overall an amazing show
Kid, 11 years old May 24, 2012

Guns

It has frequent gun scenes when they infiltrate criminals houses, and dead bodies with blood but doesn't have very much gore. Has drinking, but not all the time. Has no sex as far as I know and all and all a good show.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNumb3rs Luver May 21, 2012

Watch It

Omgosh!!!! I love his show. It has a lot or gun scenes, some language, and some sexual innuendo though. The people have good messages though, and it might not help that one of the guys is hot......
Parent Written byh2o girl September 3, 2011

water freak

i have seen it when i was just a littel kid but i don`t remember any thing bad
Teen, 14 years old Written bymathgirlie June 10, 2011

Occasionally violent, but also brilliant

I picked up the first season of Numb3rs for 25 cents at a yard sale. I'd heard of it, and, being a math geek myself, decided to give it a try. I am ever so glad that I did. Numb3rs is probably the best American TV show that I have ever seen in my life (I say American TV because I tend to watch stuff from BBC more than, say, Fox or CBS). Yes, it makes math look super-cool and (dare I say it?) fun. Yes, the acting is excellent and the stories are up to date (CSM gave a very nice example up above under the 'is it any good?' tab). And yes, it can be quite violent. The first episode seemed to be one of those 'let's make the first episode as violent and disturbing as we possibly can so as to shock the people into watching this show!' type episodes: in one scene, a woman is held hostage in a garage with a plastic bag over her head (she is rescued just before she passes out), and there are lots of images of female corpses that have been beaten, branded with a blowtorch, and raped. But once you get past that first episode, things calm down a bit: the plots center around things like stock fraud and bank robberies and such (please note that I'm referring to season 1 - the other seasons rank a little higher on the 'violence and gore' chart). Parents, if you have a teen who isn't really into math, I'd recommend this series to them (or anyone at all over the age of 14) and I'll bet you a steak dinner that this won't change their minds about math, at least a little bit!
Kid, 12 years old February 28, 2011

worst tv show ever do not let your kids watch this

WORST SHOW EVER!!! i dont think anyone should watch this its bolldy grusome and just horrible i hate it
Adult Written byLady Marmalade October 30, 2009

My opinion...

My kid started watching Numb3rs at age 16, since then it has become a staple in our home. I encourage my kid to watch this show because it has really allowed her to look at math in a different way. While she understands that the show often works backwards from an answer, she has found that the theoretical physics explained in the show using simple terms really interest her, and I find her exploring this later. I wouldn't recommend the show for young children who are sensitive to violence as there are a few scenes that may be too graphic, but these do not play too large a role in the overall plot, and only last very breifly.
Adult Written bywallaceson August 28, 2009

Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Top Ten -Excellent for older teens and adults

I enjoy this show alot. It uses math to solve crimes for the FBI. It also deals with adult issues and relationships.
Adult Written byJewishPrincess April 9, 2008

Terrific Show

Adult Written byMeluvkader April 9, 2008

It makes you think

This is by far one of the best shows I've seen on television! It makes you think ya know! I love it and will continue to watch Dylan Bruno!