All member reviews for Octonauts

Friendly adventurers teach kids about marine life, teamwork.

Educator and Parent Written byBukamama May 28, 2012

Age Appropriate Action Adventure

Action packed, educational adventure. My four year old action boy requests The Octonauts. We've not allowed him to watch the action hero cartoons because of the violence, though, he knows all about them from their commercialization in stores and from his friends at preschool. The Ocotnauts fill his action-adventure heart...and teach him great lessons about teamwork, diversity, rules, and sea life. He really gets into the "creature reports" that repeat the lesson in a catchy song that he sings along to.
Educator and Parent Written byIamTylersMom April 7, 2013

Explore!! Rescue!! Protect!! OCTONAUTS!!

This show is extremely refreshing! Not only is it very educational, but beautiful & visually stimulating. As an adult, I've learned quite a bit about ocean animals - I especially enjoy the oarfish episode. It sparked enough of an interest that I looked it up & learned even more about the Giant Oarfish! My son is nearly three (as of April 6, 2013), and he absolutely LOVES Kwazii & the gang! (Kwazii is his absolute favorite, though.) The voices are so nice to listen to, and not once does the show (or anyone IN IT) ask your child to "yell", "say it louder", or "scream". In fact, the characters don't talk directly to your child - which is refreshing! They speak to each other about teamwork, determination, learning, and helping other creatures out. The show not only features a new sea creature every episode, but also facts about the ocean in general - for example, in one episode, they talk about how a reef is a living organism, and work to heal the "sick" reef! In another, the Octonauts teach the viewer about underwater volcanoes, and rescue many sea creature by helping them escape before it erupts. Another one of my favorites teaches about underwater thermal vents while learning about a new species of worm in the deepest part of the ocean they call "The Midnight Zone" (also the name of the episode)! I like this show mostly because it helps my son to look at the world around him, and realize that there are other around us who may need our help; yet, it doesn't make me want to stick my fingers in my ears to escape the noise. It's a wonderful show, and I just love the songs that come with it!
Parent of a 12 and 12 year old Written byResponibleParentOf2 September 11, 2012

GREAT FOR KIDS! :)

This show is great for kids middle school age and up. Also, my shoutout to corrupted school child mythbusteranimator! I SEE EVERYTHING YOU WRITE ABOUT ME. I use a software that gives me a notification every time I'm or any of my screennames or mentioned online. Ha. Ha ha.
Parent Written bychris.r.monday April 3, 2012

Star Trek for Preschoolers

This is one of the most engaging preschool shows I have seen. I would even watch it, and I am 37. It is extremely educational. It is the perfect storm. Bring on the Octonauts!
Kid, 10 years old February 19, 2012

Great show! EdUcational!

It is a great show for preschoolers to learn about our environment under water! They can learn animals names adaptations and much more! I recommend this show for everyone!
Parent Written bymplsmama March 21, 2013

Worth watching!

This has been one of my 5 year old's favorite shows. It is Cousteau meets Star Trek, but for preschoolers. Definitely some science learning opportunities with enough adventure and swashbuckling (from the great Kwazi Kitten character) to make it fun and exciting. My only complaint is that the major characters (Captain Barnacles, Kwazi and Peso) are all male. The two female characters--Tweak and Dashi--play largely secondary and supportive roles (even though they both help to subvert some gender stereotypes...Dashi is the Navigator, Tweak the Engineer). All said, a great show, definitely worth watching.
Kid, 12 years old January 13, 2013

Cute Underwater Show

It is overall very cute and educational to kids all ages. At first it is a little annoying, but after awhile ( my 3 year old and 1 year old cousins come every other day) I watch it and ENJOY it. Peso is my fave character, but the Penguin Race episode sounded terrible. I would have given it 5 stars, but that episode ruined it. I admit Peso has a cute little brother, but still, Disney could have done better with the episode. I RECOMMEND THIS SHOW.
Kid, 11 years old December 8, 2012

Octonauts....... Let me see......

Octonauts ............... Let me see.... How can I sum it up in a paragraph...... The show is awesome, I love it. I have seen every single episode of season 1. I learned many things from this show like how to disorientate a lemon shark and pilot fish clean teeth. The Christmas specials are both informative and festive with the 2011 one ending with a little song at the end. The show is high in drama, in one episode Peso almost dies and the octopod falls down a canyon not forgetting the time when Barncles, Kwazii, Peso, Dashi, Tweak and Shellington get left behind when a group of shellfish who get poisoned by algae move into a ship. The show is all round educational and very dramatic. I could just go on and on. PS. If you live in the UK buy their magazine. It is epic!!!
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 October 24, 2012

octonauts

What signs of adaptation do you see in the underwater creatures in this show? How would they need to change if they lived on land? Kids: Is it fun to be part of a team? How must teammates work together to achieve a common goal? What happens if no one listens to the leader? How does that compromise the team's success? Can you name some teams to which you belong? The Octonauts enjoy helping their neighbors and friends. In what ways do you do the same in your family or neighborhood? How can you show others that you care? How does doing a good deed make you feel?
Kid, 12 years old March 11, 2015

About the same as bubble guppies

This show is for young children. When you get older it's too babyish.
Parent Written byAshleyJPL February 28, 2015

No girls in lead roles

My 2 and 4 year olds love this show. It's educational and not at all scary, which is important for my sensitive preschooler. I'm disappointed that none of the lead characters are female, though. My 2 year old daughter identifies with the minor characters, who are girls, but who rarely go on any real adventures. How great would it be to have a lead character for her to emulate? Definitely a missed opportunity on the part of the show's creators.
Parent of an infant and 2 year old Written byJenniferT 2 January 11, 2015

long time favorite

This is a fantastic show. My son has learned so much about sea creatures. He gets excited whe he sees aome of the animals out in the real world. The shows are engaging. He asks me questions and reacts to the plot twists.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byjuliae December 29, 2014

Love it !!!

It's the best for little kids and for kids my age! I have a favorite of the octonauts his name is Peso I also like Kwazi they're my 2 favorites. I do have one complaint why can't they make Peso hurt or sick for once. He NEVER gets hurt I'm about to complain about that to the company meomi if I can figure out how to. Other than that its the BEST kid show/cartoon in the WORLD! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I recommend it for everyone. It will change you forever. P.S. it changes you in a good way &you will LOVE little kid shows for the rest of your life. (: (: (:
Kid, 10 years old September 18, 2014

BEST PRESCHOOL SHOW EVER!!!

Why this show is cool: The characters are lovable, the animation is superior, and it has a lot of educational value built in. Better than boohbah!
Parent of a 5 year old Written byTomedin July 13, 2014

Under the Sea

Really interesting educational program about all things that live under the sea.
Kid, 12 years old July 1, 2014

Not just for preschool age

This show is great for anyone! I'm 12 and I like it!
Kid, 12 years old January 5, 2014

Cool

Cool
Educator and Parent Written byMom3BB October 3, 2013

Lots of Ocean Fun

My boys love the Octonauts. It has lots of action, the characters are cute but not too girly (hey, I have 2 boys!), and the stories are easy for them to follow. The show educates kids about different ocean animals or phenomenon in a really fun way. I highly recommend it.
Kid, 8 years old June 9, 2013

What I think

It's a great for learning about the sea