All member reviews for One Tree Hill

Teen soap has all the questionable ingredients.

Parent Written bylapall7 March 21, 2012

One Tree Hill = 2 Thumbs Up.

I think that One Tree Hill is an amazing show. It definitely has some inappropriate behavior in it, but it also has some very good messages for teens about life and love. I feel like you should only let your children watch this if you think they can handle it. My daughter and I watch this show together and I know that she can handle in sexual behavior. She is 17 and this show is her favorite. I have watched her fall over laughing and cry her eyes out from it. My daughter watches this show and she doesn't have sex, cuss, or drink. She is very well behaved and the behavior on this show does't influence the way she acts. Definitely know where your child is in their life before you allow them to watch this. If they are struggling with drinking, cussing, sexual behavior etc. I wouldn't condone this show for them just because it may make those things seem okay. This show's perspective on sex is "Sex is okay if you are in love." I don't believe this is true, and neither does my daughter, so whenever something of that nature happens on this show I know I don't have to worry about it influencing her. So just know your child and talk to them about what they are watching.
Adult Written byvllygrlten April 18, 2010

Life lessons are a major part of the script of each episode, well worth allowing preteens to watch

I think that sometimes people who see this will automatically assume that this is not age appropriate for young teens or preteens. However, if you really listen to the script, the show is good at saying more about the world. In particular, the opening and closing monologues/statements are really meaningful. Also the characters may deal with mature stuff, but it is time that people stop automatically deeming a show inappropriate because it has less than ideal life situations. Life is not ideal. Nothing is perfect. Teenagers have sex. Teenagers drink. It happens, it will continue to happen whether or not tv continues to portray it. The important thing is that the show handles it well. The characters do not drive, they drink responsibly. You (as much as I remember) don't see them doing out of control drunk things. As for sex, there are characters that save themselves for marriage. The show even has a group of teens called the clean teens who don't believe in sex before marriage. As for people who said it gave negative messages because of divorce, that is harsh. Divorce is very prevalent in society today. We shouldn't ignore it in the media. If anything shows like one tree hill give children somebody to relate to. It makes them realize that others out there are in their situation.
Teen, 15 years old Written byj-14 March 2, 2009

IT IS THEEE BEST TV SHOW EVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im 13-15 years old(i wont give my age) and i have been watching ONE TREE HILL since it started and i love it im litterally in love with it i never really thought it was not age appropriate although well this is what i think kids grow up earlier these days and i bet your kids know more than you think they do i think the age appropriate for one tree hill is probably 11 or 12 as kids would have already known about most of the subjects in ONE TREE HILL already at that age ONE TREE HILL is the best tv show out there it really resembles things that go on in everyday teenagers lives like being pregnant or whoes parents are divorcing or on drugs or having single parents i brought all of the boxsets at a point in my life where it was really hard for me and i could really relate to the characters in ONE TREE HILL there is nothing like ONE TREE HILL i think that everyone should know about it it is amazing i cant wait for season 6 !!!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE YOU FOUND THIS HELPFUL AS YOU CAN SEE I CAN EXPRESS HOW MUCH I LOVE ONE TREE HILL VERY WELL I NOW HAVE TO WRITE A REPORT ON ONE TREE HILL THANK YOU
Teen, 14 years old Written byontario_96 January 14, 2011

Perfect for older teens, iffy for young teens.

This is a great show for teens who are in highschool. I am 14 and in high school and I find this show is somewhat inappropriate because of the sexuality. This is a show that I watch with my older siblings, but never with my parents, and I make sure that when they come into the room I pause it for you never know when two characters will start to have sex. So its good for teens, but iffyfor the younger teens.
Adult Written byWanted2beloved79 April 9, 2008

Good Dawson's Creek Replacement

This show is most realistic than Dawson's Creek. Dawson was a good show, however it didn't use the appropriate realistic language or situations that our teenagers experience on a daily basis. One Tree Hill uses what kids see everyday to speak to them. This show is most definitely better for teens than The OC. At least in Tree Hill there's a representation of the African-American community. Thank WB! PARENTS YOU NEED TO WAKE UP IF YOU DON'T THINK YOUR 9 AND 10 YEAR OLD DON'T KNOW WHAT SEX IS. UNFORTUNATELY THEY'RE LEARNING AT A YOUNGER AND YOUNGER AGE. IF THEY'RE GOING TO FIND OUT ABOUT IT YOU SHOULD BE THE ONE TO EXPLAIN IT TO THEM. HINTS THE RATING!
Teen, 16 years old Written byveils July 11, 2011

OTH

Although it has sex, violence, language, etc, the show does have good characterization, story lines, and good role models. I recommend seasons 1-6 because 7 and beyond are ridiculously boring
Adult Written bytjgirl222 June 26, 2010

Great Show.

Ive been watching this show since the first season, and I was 12 when it came out. Its been my favorite show ever sense. Compared to other shows on The CW(The Vampire Diaries, Gossip Girl, 90210) OTH is angelic. As the characters get older, the drama has died down a little. It isnt as sexual, but there are still decent storylines.
Teen, 13 years old Written byvampirelove18 August 10, 2009

amazing

I absolutely love this show!! it is one of my all time faves!! But, there is a lot of sex, and one couple gets married in high school, and that same couple get pregnant and gives birth during her giving her valedictorian speech, there is a psycho stalker, and a nanny who kidnaps someone(he is fine by the end of yhe episode) as well as a lot of deaths, and violence, one charachter was thron out a windo, which put him in a wheel chair, another kills his brother, one charachter is shot duriing an armer robbery of a drugstore, and som people miught prefur not to watch shows in which there charachters die, however this show is just amazingm and its reallly worth it, because I just mentioned sme bad things but ultimatley its filled with dreams, friendships, and family, and itss just amazing,
Teen, 15 years old Written bygenaburchette November 21, 2008

Intense and Funny all at Once!

This show is for older teens and up. it's a great show that has a lot of sexual content.

LOVE IT

i honestly love this show. its so relatable, all the talk about true love, growing up, and family issues. although its not completly realistic, its still really nice to have that feeling you can turn on the show, and almost feel like you can escape your life and become a resident of Tree Hill.
Adult Written byForknose April 9, 2008

Another one....

Man the WB puts off a lot of dumb shows nowadays. Well, their Friday night stuff is ok but they have all these poorly made teenybopper shows that are really bad. Soap opera bad. I advise you not to watch this show because as you are watching you will lose a great deal of brain cells.
Adult Written byPanya April 9, 2008

...

There is no way I would let a child or impressionable teenager watch a show with this much sex and drug/alcohol abuse.
Adult Written bytaytaychk08 April 9, 2008

i look foreward to it!

One Tree Hill may not be appropriate for kids 14 and under but it's a really interesting show. It deals with stuff that teens see and hear about a lot. It also makes me think about the situations I've never been in and how I might deal with them if it were me. Drama and quirky lines make it extremely entertaining!
Adult Written byem-tabulous April 9, 2008

Teen, 15 years old Written bysaraha15 August 25, 2015

Great show!

This is a great show. There are so many positive role models! OTH gives positive messages but also show reality. There are some sad deaths and a few scary scenes but overall it's great. There are very few references to sex.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTeenageCritic100 May 26, 2015

Incredibly well done soap-style teen drama gives both entertainment and valuable life lessons.

One Tree Hill is without a doubt the best teen drama I have ever seen. Revolving around two estranged brothers who meet and clash on the basketball court, the story takes place in Tree Hill, NC. There are typical teen elements - quite a few sex scenes, though mild, light TV swearing, teen pregnancy, suicide, and definitely some heavy underage drinking, smoking and drug use. However, the show is rife with good messages and great role models. Characters who started out bad turned out great. 13 is an ideal age to watch this as it's beneficial to teens going through adolescence. It's not crazy inappropriate for mature 12 year olds (though you should go no younger), but waiting until the age of 13 would probably be best. One Tree Hill is highly recommended.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybuklau January 27, 2015

Best show ever

I love this show, i watched all 9 seasons in a month, i was addicted to it. It's so worth watching!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byteenwolf June 29, 2014

Teen, 17 years old Written byDanceMomsAddict June 9, 2014

Great show

I love this show. Why is everyone here so overprotective? I would understand everything in this show when I was only 10.
Teen, 15 years old Written bynoname May 3, 2014

good

This is a great show and it shiould deffinately not be missed. It is like a gossip girl but more appropriate and better for all ages of teens.