All member reviews for One Tree Hill

Teen soap has all the questionable ingredients.

Adult Written byvllygrlten April 18, 2010

Life lessons are a major part of the script of each episode, well worth allowing preteens to watch

I think that sometimes people who see this will automatically assume that this is not age appropriate for young teens or preteens. However, if you really listen to the script, the show is good at saying more about the world. In particular, the opening and closing monologues/statements are really meaningful. Also the characters may deal with mature stuff, but it is time that people stop automatically deeming a show inappropriate because it has less than ideal life situations. Life is not ideal. Nothing is perfect. Teenagers have sex. Teenagers drink. It happens, it will continue to happen whether or not tv continues to portray it. The important thing is that the show handles it well. The characters do not drive, they drink responsibly. You (as much as I remember) don't see them doing out of control drunk things. As for sex, there are characters that save themselves for marriage. The show even has a group of teens called the clean teens who don't believe in sex before marriage. As for people who said it gave negative messages because of divorce, that is harsh. Divorce is very prevalent in society today. We shouldn't ignore it in the media. If anything shows like one tree hill give children somebody to relate to. It makes them realize that others out there are in their situation.
Teen, 14 years old Written byontario_96 January 14, 2011

Perfect for older teens, iffy for young teens.

This is a great show for teens who are in highschool. I am 14 and in high school and I find this show is somewhat inappropriate because of the sexuality. This is a show that I watch with my older siblings, but never with my parents, and I make sure that when they come into the room I pause it for you never know when two characters will start to have sex. So its good for teens, but iffyfor the younger teens.
Kid, 11 years old April 19, 2011

I think this show is suitable for ages 11+

I love One Tree Hill and it is one of my fave shows. My fave character is Brooke Davies, played by Sophia Bush because I think she's a good role model. She always puts everyone else first and never thinks of herself before others. However, I think some of the messages are a bit unpossitive and thats why I've rated One Tree Hill 11+

LOVE IT

i honestly love this show. its so relatable, all the talk about true love, growing up, and family issues. although its not completly realistic, its still really nice to have that feeling you can turn on the show, and almost feel like you can escape your life and become a resident of Tree Hill.
Teen, 14 years old Written byone•tree•hill July 5, 2010

Great show!

I personally love One Tree Hill. I think it's a great show for tenns and preteens. All of the characters do some bad things but they have consequences. Haley is especially clean. She doesn't drink, smoke, cuss,etc. She my favorite and I think shes a good role model for teens. Charactors like Brooke are definently fun but a little more free. She likes to get wasted continuosly. Brooke has her consequences though and learns from her mistakes. It's a great show in which there is friendship, love, and tragedy. Unlike most soap operas it has a good storyline with GREAT actors and actresses. They fight, forgive, and forget. People like Dan are not such good role models but show what to avoid in life. One Tree Hill has positive messages and role models for all ages. The actors do bad things but regret them. They get consequences and it let's you know that nobodys perfect and don't do things you know you'll regret later.
Adult Written bymdoubledbg August 4, 2009

great show for anyone with some form of maturity

lucas is a great role model, especially in the more recent episodes. there is always a great message
Teen, 16 years old Written byveils July 11, 2011

OTH

Although it has sex, violence, language, etc, the show does have good characterization, story lines, and good role models. I recommend seasons 1-6 because 7 and beyond are ridiculously boring
Adult Written byJennyA May 8, 2010

Great show.
Teen, 15 years old Written byj-14 March 2, 2009

IT IS THEEE BEST TV SHOW EVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im 13-15 years old(i wont give my age) and i have been watching ONE TREE HILL since it started and i love it im litterally in love with it i never really thought it was not age appropriate although well this is what i think kids grow up earlier these days and i bet your kids know more than you think they do i think the age appropriate for one tree hill is probably 11 or 12 as kids would have already known about most of the subjects in ONE TREE HILL already at that age ONE TREE HILL is the best tv show out there it really resembles things that go on in everyday teenagers lives like being pregnant or whoes parents are divorcing or on drugs or having single parents i brought all of the boxsets at a point in my life where it was really hard for me and i could really relate to the characters in ONE TREE HILL there is nothing like ONE TREE HILL i think that everyone should know about it it is amazing i cant wait for season 6 !!!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE YOU FOUND THIS HELPFUL AS YOU CAN SEE I CAN EXPRESS HOW MUCH I LOVE ONE TREE HILL VERY WELL I NOW HAVE TO WRITE A REPORT ON ONE TREE HILL THANK YOU
Adult Written by90210fan January 31, 2011

g

Love it there are lots if postive messages to on it
Teen, 15 years old Written byNelNel January 13, 2011

Teen, 13 years old Written byvampirelove18 August 10, 2009

amazing

I absolutely love this show!! it is one of my all time faves!! But, there is a lot of sex, and one couple gets married in high school, and that same couple get pregnant and gives birth during her giving her valedictorian speech, there is a psycho stalker, and a nanny who kidnaps someone(he is fine by the end of yhe episode) as well as a lot of deaths, and violence, one charachter was thron out a windo, which put him in a wheel chair, another kills his brother, one charachter is shot duriing an armer robbery of a drugstore, and som people miught prefur not to watch shows in which there charachters die, however this show is just amazingm and its reallly worth it, because I just mentioned sme bad things but ultimatley its filled with dreams, friendships, and family, and itss just amazing,
Parent of a 2 year old Written byeeyore2007 October 5, 2010

good show to watch as a family

it shows teens and now adults dealing with the issues that we face in real life
Teen, 13 years old Written byModa January 24, 2010

My favorite show

I love this TV show! I dont see any concerns other than the fact that there is some drinking.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymtroubledbg November 28, 2009

Good show for anyone in high school

I've been watching this show since I was nine and I've completely understood it almost all the way through, However, I'm not a very good person to base what you let your kids watch. I would however recommend this show for anyone in high school. As far as the language and the pressures and the rich and the poor and the twisted situations and the problems the characters have at home go, the show is pretty realistic. As a side note, they should update their T.V reviews because the main characters in tree hill haven't been in high school for the past two seasons
Teen, 14 years old Written byhellofreak July 3, 2009

MUST WATCH.

I absolutely love this show. Yes, maybe the language and the sexual content isn't so good, but they aren't so bad. The people watching should know enough to not follow the bad examples. The story actually deals with things that matter, unlike other soaps like 90210 or Gossip Girl. Instead of dealing with just gossip, popularity, money and drugs, they deal with love, real love, family issues, and true friendships. I absolutely love One Tree Hill. :).
Teen, 13 years old Written bydramaqueen100 September 5, 2009

i love this show ,but it does have some stuff kids 12 and under shouldn't watch or think about doing like havimg sex or drinking
Teen, 13 years old Written bymhmm February 28, 2010

I started watching this series since I was 10 and I've understood it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJennyTa October 31, 2011

Amazing !

Best Show Everrr !!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bygenaburchette November 21, 2008

Intense and Funny all at Once!

This show is for older teens and up. it's a great show that has a lot of sexual content.