All member reviews for Oobi

Bare-hand "puppets" will delight preschoolers.

Kid, 10 years old March 20, 2009

Three Words: Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!

Awesome Show! It relates to a child's life and shows a child's point of view.
Kid, 9 years old February 19, 2011

i still watch it.

i still watch this show! but what the heck,they dont speak in full sentances. like in one episode he said "oobi no food grampu"
Parent of a 3 year old Written byKick_Kiki April 1, 2011

Eh.

We haven't really had a chance to sit and watch this one because our 3 year old was really turned off (okay, so he sort of freaked out) by the talking hands with big oogly eyes. *shrugs* The little bit that I did get to see was 'okay' at best. Not interesting.
Parent Written bymommys~r~us June 12, 2011

How does Oobi poop?

We all just want to know how Oobi poops? Yes, on some shows they do talk about poop. Oobi does eat and we teach our children how food digests, so how does he poop? And where does it come out?
Kid, 11 years old May 16, 2015

A bit weird but awesome.

I remember, when I was very little.. I loved this show. This show was my young childhood. It's a little odd, since they don't speak proper English and it's hands... but it's much more creative then the horrible kid show junk on TV nowadays. There's not really much effort or creativity put in current kids shows. Just do some CGI animation, add a villain, something cars or princesses, you now have 5 star ratings!
Parent of a 6, 10, and 14 year old Written byKako January 18, 2015

Perfect for Learning & Fun!

This show was creative and silly yet educational and inspiring at the same time. Oobi and the rest of the characters do not speak in full sentences so that the youngest of children can understand. A gem!
Kid, 11 years old October 6, 2014

Best show

It has nothing wrong with it, Oobi and Kako are perfect. They are helpful and cute.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDarksouls444 September 11, 2014

Its better than teletubbies for all i know

its kind meh to me now I remember watching it is pretty creepy now but what the heck its pretty good
Teen, 16 years old Written bytonytorresan884 December 25, 2013

Perfection.

Oobi was such a great show. It's a whole lot better than crappy Dora. The plot was creative, the theme song was catchy, and it was just a PERFECT LITTLE KIDS SHOW.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAnimeIsAwesome808 June 4, 2013

I loved it when I was young.

Oobi was my childhood. It was from a time when little kids shows were fun. Nowadays, we have HORRIBLE shows such as Dora and Barney. Oobi was a really funny show. It also has positive messages, great role models, and a lot of educational value.
Kid, 8 years old April 13, 2013

Best children's show ever!

I love this show! I still love it! Oobi is so funny! I love the name Grandpu so cute!!1
Kid, 11 years old March 16, 2013

Great

I loved this show when i was little. I loved the bare hand puppets and pretend I was oobi.
Kid, 12 years old January 14, 2013

Good Show For Young Ones

XD i dont watch it anymore but it is still pretty cool that they put eyes on their hands. It teaches social skills, but make sure your kids are NOT talking like Oobi. I put the dollar sign because you can purchase "oobi eyes" EVERYWHERE. I even have some!
Parent Written byjack.kerouac December 6, 2012

Oobi is not a suitable show for preschoolers

This show is spoken completely in sentence fragments of 2-3 words. It regresses preschoolers from developing strong sentence structures. This is a suitable show for young toddlers to learn nouns and some basic adjectives, but is terrible for preschoolers who are developing the English language.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 September 16, 2012

oobi

Families can talk about the various situations Oobi faces that relate to a young child's life, such as overcoming fear and shyness, coping with separation anxiety, and relating to others. Each episode leaves room for further discussion about self-expression. How do you tell other people what you think and feel? Why is it important to care about others' feelings?
Teen, 13 years old Written byIdiotHead1101 August 29, 2012

Stoners paradise.

Kid, 9 years old August 22, 2012

Great show for young children!

This is a very good show for young children! It teaches bravery and friendship skills, and the characters rarely get angry at all! It is funny, and it's excellent for young kids who are just learning how to talk because short, simple sentences are used. This is a very good show!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMaya13 August 12, 2012

Good or young kids

I used to like this show when I was younger, but now that I'm older I don't care for it anymore.
Teen, 15 years old Written byrebma97 July 29, 2012

A show for kids

I used to watch this as a kid :). I even made up my own version of Oobi (it was Meat for some reason...I was a strange kid XD). Anyway, it's find for kids, but I don't remember learning anything educational from this show. Unless it's creativity (which it could be).
Teen, 15 years old Written byComedyKing July 13, 2012

This is the CUTEST thing EVER!!

I think Oobi is a really gay show for kids of all ages! I use to like to watch it when I was little and I still like it now. It teaches us a lot about things like traveling, cooking and making friends. Oobi is a very great role model and Uma is SO CUTE!!! And the show does have a good mix of children's comedy. I really love this show and I bet kids will to so I say it's absolutely worth a watch!