All member reviews for Orangutan Island

Cute, fuzzy reality stars will captivate families.

Parent Written bypaulbrainerd November 14, 2015

My Child LOVES this!

My 14 month old child watches this each and every morning with his milk. He is mesmerized by it. Thank You for a health wonderful show!
Teen, 14 years old Written bySLENDER January 5, 2014

meerdog shutup

i think meerdog is being really mean apes are us but stronger and bigger than us so god created a ape to make the rest of us retard
Parent of a 16 year old Written byJokawild103 March 14, 2011

Chen Chen, Cha Cha, Hamlet, Daisy, Saturnus, Jordan, baby Hardy and the other Orangutans became part of my family:)

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!! Orangutan Island became a part of my life over the last few months and I am sickened to hear that it was cancelled. Here in Hawaii the shows air at 4am and I would stay up just to watch. I was so fascinated with Orangutans I even went to visit the Honolulu Zoo just to see them in real life.
Adult Written bysnowedinmomof3 April 9, 2008
my daughter is 6.5 and she loves this show. there are many lessons to be learned about our society thru these animals and people who care for them. it sparks many conversations in our house.

Meniocre Entertainment!!!!!

When I saw the ad for this show,I thought "That Might be worth watching". It turns out I was terribly mistaken. "Orangutan Island" is a complete waste of 30 minutes. This series can not stand up to "Meerkat Manor" (AKA the best show on earth). I find the narrorators voice simply dispicable and the carachters are not cute and fuzzy like the stars of Meerkat Manor. They try to make that show dramatic, but the sad, sad truth is that show could never be dramatic in the least. I do not find this show at all entertaining, and truly beleive that it wil NOT last for two seasons. Shame on ANYONE who gives this show a good rating!
Adult Written byredapes April 9, 2008

Orangutans: Lots to love and lots to learn

Orangutan Island is a rare treat for viewers who have never had the opportunity to see orangutans in the forest. Everyone-- young and old-- will fall in love with the orangutans-- guaranteed! :-) But beyond the 'cute' factor, there are many serious issues being addressed. These orangutans have all suffered a very cruel fate. Their mothers were killed-- most likely on palm oil plantations where they were desperately searching for food for themselves and their babies. Parents should not forget this-- and can use this show as an opportunity to teach their kids about environmental issues such as animal conservation, deforestation and global warming.... Orangutans are critically endangered and could be extinct in the wild within a decade unless something is done to protect them. The orangutans featured on the show are lucky to be alive-- but they are just one group of many. The Borneo Orangutan Survival Foundation is currently caring for nearly 800 orphaned orangutans-- and they all need our help! Learn more about orangutans and their fight for survival at the Orangutan Outreach website: http://redapes.org Keep watching the show and tell all your friends. Help spread the word! -- Richard Zimmerman Director, Orangutan Outreach Reach out and save the orangutans!
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

"Orangutans are the new Meerkats!" I DON'T THINK SO!!!!

"Rust is the new black, and Orangutans are the new Meerkats!" What bozo wrote that dumb review? Forgive me, please, but this show is downright mediocre! I'll have you know that stupid, fat, ugly apes ARE NOT under ANY circumstances "the new Meerkats"!!!!! This so called "dramatic" show is NOT dramatic, and it's a waste of time! The narrorator stinks, the orangutans have idiotic names, and it's just a melo-dramatic spectacle. Truthfully, I'd rather watch THREE HOURS STRAIGHT OF KID NATION than this show(now, that's really saying something!)! Meerkat Manor is soooo much better! It's a mix of drama AND comedy! Long story short, this show is a piece of junk.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

I dont understand how anyone with abrain could like this...

Boring, overdramatic, the list goes on and on. This show is not funny, cute, OR dramatic like Meerkat Manor. Yeah, yeah, I know..orangs are endangered, meerkats are not, but frankly, I don't care if orangs become extinct...they're totally useless. I used to sort of like orangs but this show has given me insite into how they behave: Hitting each other with sticks, stealing food, beating each other up, these are only some of the things that these stupid animals do. Some people say these animals are smart...I say they are a perfect example of stupidity. Please, put your time to good use, don't watch this show.