All member reviews for Paw Patrol

Cute pups rescue neighbors in friendly cartoon.

Parent of a 2 and 2 year old Written bySalviati September 14, 2013

Mindless Mass Consumer Garbage for Preschoolers

As far as I can tell this show has practically no educational value. It appears to be a construction out of the mind of a market researcher. You can imagine a market survey asking parents what their child's favorite things are. The results of the survey are as follows: 1) puppies 2) toys 3) rescue services ( fire, police, etc..). 'Perfect lets go make some money....'
Educator and Parent Written byunderscorex June 1, 2014

Carefully engineered to appeal to little-boy interests.

Very toy-centric cartoon about a little boy and his team of dogs that drive city service vehicles (fire truck, police car, etc). Everyone over the age of 10 is totally incompetent, nobody is capable of speaking in a tone of voice other than "excited hollering", the girl dog flies a pink helicopter because of course she does (girls should remain above the action and only engage from a distance, you know). It's produced by a toy company to sell toys, and is generally lowest-common-denominator kid vid. It doesn't have anything explicitly troubling - no violence, sexual content, or even anything resembling real danger, but it's also loud, obnoxious, and not very good. Also, expect the usual subtle messages about girls (not as active as boys) grown ups (not as smart as kids), etc.
Parent Written byPuppehmama August 25, 2013

Great role models!

The cute dogs and love able characters drew my son in immediately. He watches it repeatedly or demands we sing the song for him which can get old for parents but when he started telling me "good job!" Or says to the dog, "whoops excuse me!" we decided it was definitely worthwhile.
Kid, 11 years old August 23, 2013

Puptastic fun for preschoolers!

This show is puptastic! Ryder and his six talking puppy pals are friendly and they help out people and animals. There is always a happy ending. Sometimes a puppy gets hurt a little bit (Tripping, getting tied up in a jumprope.etc) but none of the characters get severely injured. All of the characters are very friendly. Overall, I think this show is awesome! I think it is great for preschool and over. I am 11 and I LOVE this show!
Educator and Parent of an infant and 2 year old Written byUnturnedStone January 1, 2015

Awful

This show is seemingly designed for toddlers, but it holds no educational value. Even the entertainment value is lacking and mindless. The designers of this show are a perfect example of producers disregarding any social responsibility to the children they're trying to captivate. The show seems designed to simply sell products to kids. Its chiche and has no educational value. What is sells is consumerism under a veil of cute anthropomorphic rescue worker dogs.
Parent Written byVRCrowe March 29, 2015

Mindless toy fodder.

It's so well animated, I wish it was any good. Lessons are iffy at best, and episodes appear to be 90% transforming montages and weird catch phrases.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byAlex Kirsh November 21, 2013

Paw Patrol!

The actors who play the dogs do an amazing job to bring their characters to life! The show is funny and cute and I think the show is for kids 3 and up! The boy Owen who plays Ryder does an amazing job showing how a youn man can be such a role model in a community. Owen and the other actors are all very talented!
Parent of a 1 and 3 year old Written byvtgeek May 8, 2015

Cute and problematic

My 3 year-old adores this show. It hits all his favorite buttons for dogs, awesome vehicles, catchy theme song, and saving the day. It is not educational, but Ryder and his pups are great helpers in their community, and we like to use the catch phrase "no job is too big, no pup is too small!" to encourage my 3 year-old to do "hard" or distasteful jobs. However, my goodness, how on earth did a show get out of development that suffers from the Smurfette Principle on a major children's network in 2013?? For a while, there was only one female pup: Skye. Now, she is pretty awesome. She can fly! She's my 3 year-old boy's favorite character. But in terms of gender equity, this show is stuck firmly in 1952. If you're a boy, you can be anything you want, but if you're a girl, you have to be the "pink one". We know a lot of preschool girls who love this show too, and there is no reason on earth that any of the other pups couldn't have been a girl. They added another girl pup in a later season, but she is a snow dog in what seems to be a southern California setting. I'm sure she's really super useful and all, but come on. Couldn't she at least have been a paramedic pup, which the crew is obviously missing? No doubt they will add another boy pup to do that job... Ugh.
Parent Written byGowMomma October 23, 2013

My kids love this show

My kids love this show and I do too. So cute, and positive and they love the puppies!! Would LOVE to find toys for them (Characters from the show), does anyone know if they have them anywhere?
Parent Written byLetKidsBeKidsPlease August 27, 2015

It's a Fun Show!

I have a really bright, ahead of the curve soon-to-be 6-year-old daughter who adores this show. I am one of those parents who didn't allow my kid to watch T.V. until after her 4th birthday, so I can't attest to the ideal age range, but my daughter loves it. I, for one, am glad that there are shows like this that appeal to girls that aren't princess-oriented. She loves any and everything to do with animals, and I love the fact that this show gives props to critical public service personnel, while teaching kids about teamwork and helping others. That focus on social service is VERY educational IMHO, and any show that shines a light on careers (other than slapping on a princess gown and waiting for Prince Charming) are AOK in my book.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byhomelessdog July 7, 2015

Entertaining show for young kids, with a few scary moments

The show instills some positive values in children, but is mostly just entertainment and almost no learning. Ryder and his gang are good role models and always lend a hand to help when they can. The show shows the power of teamwork and problem solving. But I really only wanted to post a review because I think I would add at least one star to the "scariness" factor because there are multiple episodes about ghosts or aliens with spooky music and suspenseful scenes. The ghosts always turn out to be just dogs wearing sheets and are shown not to be scary, but in the moment they can scare a young child.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bymamaduck2012 June 22, 2015

very cute

So many people forget about their community, and this show demonstrates great community value. This is educational in the sense that it teaches values that we are not always able to demonstrate daily. Team work is another big part of this show. I personally recommended this for toddlers and pre-school aged children.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySean Brech March 9, 2015

The best show ever.... just one concern, though.

I have been in LOVE with Paw Patrol since it premiered in August 2013. It's a really cute show set with excellent role models in an adorable town with some quirky yet unique characters. BUT I have one concern. I feel like Skye doesn't get picked in missions too often, like in my opinion, Ryder is focused on his male dogs more than the female. And she doesn't have a lot of screen time, plus she's my favorite character. Same for Everest; they should do more episodes with her. So... there.
Kid, 5 years old July 31, 2014

The best dogs!

Both me and my little sister love this show which is cool cause we can watch it together. I love that there are rescue dogs and I can't really say more than that because there are like a million episodes. My favorite character is Zuma because in every episode he helps save the day. And I like water rescues- they're neat. My little sister likes Chase because he's a police dog and he puts cones all over the street and Marshall cause he's the funniest guy ever. My favorite part is when they save the day!
Parent of an infant, 7, and 12 year old Written byDianna1234 August 17, 2015

Paw some!!!!

I love it!!! My children and I love this TV show!!! I rate it 5 stars!!!!!!! It's a little scary with people and animals in trouble and getting hurt.
Parent of a 1 year old Written bycourtbarnesxoxo July 18, 2015

Puptastic!

My 1 year old loves Paw Patrol! The show teaches social skills and how to work as a team. You also learn about each pups job (police, fire, recycle, etc) You also learn about the town (farm, the bay, etc) There is absolutely no bullying portrayed in the show at all, and each pup is used just as much as the next. Ryder doesn't have favorites. I hope this show is around for a long time!
Adult Written byLPSFan1994 June 5, 2015

Everyone has a place!

This is a very cute way to teach children early on about teamwork. Children can not only learn to work together but they learn that everyone on the team has a job to do and that you can't do everything yourself because then nothing gets accomplished. There is absolutely no teasing, bullying or name calling. It is very innocent like and keeps problems simple enough for preschoolers to understand. It also teaches children about leadership, be able to count on someone and responsibility.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byhmaymyers May 9, 2015

Theme of other pups teasing another

I thought this was a relatively harmless show for my 4-1/2 yr old...although I agree with the other reviewers that this show has very little educational quality...it's just not clever at all, compared to something like the Octonauts... However, as I watch several episodes with my son, I realize there is a theme of all of the puppies teasing and playing tricks on Marshall (one of the pups). It seems like he may be the target in each episode? Not sure haven't seen them all...? If so, that's worrisome. I know it seems like harmless fun, but it could send a message that its ok to bully.
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written bynichaloush March 25, 2015

perfect

my kids and me love the show i hope it stays on for a very long time
Kid, 11 years old February 15, 2015

I still like it

But Katie and Rider are in love. Also, CHASE AND MARSHAL ARE THE BEST PUPS!