All member reviews for Peep and the Big Wide World

Preschoolers learn science with a pinch of humor.

Parent Written bychelseas February 12, 2015

Parent Written byKateW 1 February 3, 2015

a great introduction to science for little ones

We are always in search of good things for our 4 year old to watch on Netflix and Peep fits the bill. First it is very positive and and good humored. Our son finds it funny and entertaining. But for us, there's also science! He keeps asking to replicate the experiments the kids do at home, which is a great way for us to build on what he's watching.
Parent of a 2 and 6 year old Written byErniegirl36 April 6, 2011

One of the best shows ever!

Both my boys LOVE this show! I have a two year old and a six year old who never get tired of watching it. Peep is a morning ritual in our house. They love the characters and the silliness of the show. I love the clarity of the characters and the skills my kids learn while watching.
Kid, 10 years old April 29, 2014

Well at least it's better than Peppa Pig

This show is cute and very simple, my little sister better watch this more than godfriggin Max and Ruby.
Kid, 11 years old February 8, 2014

Watched this when I was in first grade

I don't really like it now, but I used to love this show!
Parent Written byPeePABoo September 13, 2011

i love Peep

I love this show!!! My son and I watch it when ever we can :)
Kid, 10 years old August 25, 2011

Not Right For Kids My Age (10)

This show great for little kids! My sister (5) loves this show and watches it every day. I don't like it that much, but I rather this then Dora or something else. The characters are Chirp, the brainy bird, Quack, the hysterical duck, and finally Peep himself, the smart, funny, happy, adventurus little chicken. Great show for little kids!
Educator and Parent of a 2 and 5 year old Written byelemerond March 17, 2011

Quack is FUNNY! This is as entertaining for adults as kids. I have also used this show in my middle school science class to discuss scientific method.
Parent of a 2 and 8 year old Written bymamanancylee January 3, 2011

a fun, spunky show for the younger kids

the characters are fun and the lessons are simple. bright colors- not a lot of fast motion. catchy music and sound effects. great ideas for simple experiments to follow up with too. available in spanish also!
Kid, 11 years old July 13, 2010

FOR ANY AGE

LOVE IT
Educator and Parent of a 7 year old Written byhoku989 June 20, 2010

An 'old friend'.

My family loves this show. In fact, my son refers to it 'as an old friend'. We love the simplicity in the pictures and how innocent the characters are. It is easy to identify the characteristics of each character and it makes for wholesome entertainment.
Parent of a 7, 9, and 11 year old Written bymjb1922 January 16, 2010

Great show for all

Sweet, kind characters, science themes and live action video in between the cartoon stories that show science related activities you and the kids can do easily at home. Fun show. My kids enjoyed this and we did lots of the activities after watching.
Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written bymightydoll January 8, 2010

I love, love, LOVE this show. So sweet and calm and engaging. It doesn't sell anything, it doesn't talk down to kids or act as though children are all deaf and slow-witted. A brilliant, brilliant show
Adult Written bywahoosigma April 9, 2008

A fantastically funny show for the preschooler

Peep is a funny, engaging show that gets full belly laughs from my three year old. The science concepts are wonderfully presented and completely appropriate for a preschooler. Joan Cusack is a great narrator, the theme song is totally catchy and overall this is a smart show that parents will enjoy as much as kids.
Adult Written bycandaceandjadesmom09 April 9, 2008

my 6 year old loves it!!!!!

Peep is a very educational and engaging show that is appropriate for every kid. My 6 year old daughter loves the red bird!!!!
Parent of a 4 year old Written bymarykins2004 April 9, 2008

A Happy and Funny Show

Parent of a 7 year old Written byeswanson April 9, 2008

Love this show!

This is a really cute show that appeals to the entire age-range of preschool viewers - and their parents. This is actually my husband's favorite kid-show - Stanley is a close 2nd. The characters have distinct personalities, the show presents fairly complex scientific ideas in a non-condescending fashion, and there is ZERO violence. Don't miss it!
Adult Written byjackg April 9, 2008

Peep and friends are adorable and teach science!

This show is great for 2 yrs and older. It teaches a lot about science and the natural world.
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written byMamaWitte April 9, 2008

absolutely the best program on tv for preschoolers

This has become the only tv show I feel comfortable letting my son (almost 4) watch. There are no toys or breakfast cereals or anything with these characters on them-- it doesn't make him ask for anything, it just gently, quietly, introduces the scientific method (noticing a problem, coming up with a possible solution, testing it, assessing the results, etc.). The characters are clever and spunky, and the situations funny enough that my son doesn't notice it's an educational show. One of the best, and most rare, qualities that Peep and the Big Wide World possesses is a measured (slow but not too slow) pace, so that a preschooler can understand the dialogue and the plot.
Adult Written byFranciJo April 9, 2008