All member reviews for Phineas and Ferb

Duo's over-the-top schemes are fun for kids.

Teen, 13 years old Written byGdextor December 28, 2011

COMMONS SENSE MEDIA HAD NO COMMON SENSE

Phineas and Ferb is a very educational TV show because it makes children wake up in the morning and do stuff other than being lazy. It shows children how much fun it can be building things and being adventurous. It is inspiring. Dear Everyone, If you agree with me CLICK on ''had useful details'
Educator and Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byMrs. W April 1, 2010
What I like best is the good-heartedness of Phineas and Ferb. When confronted with a trash-talking pair of would-be competitors, they are gracious and kind. And I like how the over-the-top behavior of Candace around and about Jeremy can be a cautionary tale for girls learning how to be around boys - and how NOT to be around boys - when puberty hits and the tectonic plates of their lives shift. And the boys and their sister really love their Mom and say so (in one episode); as a mom I cannot resist that. Watch this show with your kids - you will be repaid for your time.
Adult Written byKP7 April 9, 2008

Our whole family loves this show!!!

This is one of the funniest shows ever! There are catchy songs, great plots and really funny characters. There is humor for both kids and adults. Granted, our kids get the humor just as much as we do. It's just plain funny. It's the type of show you can watch it over and over and it just gets funnier. There are little things you catch each time. When the t.v. is on, it's usually on Phineas and Ferb. Great show!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byKaleigh:) March 6, 2012

From a 15 Year Old's Perspective

I'm 15 years old--so I know NOTHING about raising a kid. But, I live in a Christian family and there's few shows we watch on TV because they don't dress right, talk right, etc. So, what's on our list of what we CAN watch? Phineas and Ferb! This is my VERY favorite show!! Spongebob used to be my favorite, but not anymore! :) I think Phineas and Ferb is a good show for kids. They don't use bad words. The worst they use is "stupid" and "moron" . Those were very bad words when I was a kid, so for parents I can see why people say it's inappropriate. Phineas and Ferb are imaginative, creative kids that don't want to spend their summer inside watching TV. They build crazy projects by hand--not by magic or anything like that. They are smart, and have smart friends. They don't call people "dumb" or they don't make fun of them if they have a bad idea. Reading the posts, I can see that parents have problems with Candace. She's a boy-crazy teenager who is obsessed with Jeremy (her boyfriend later in the show)--when she's not obsessing over busting Phineas and Ferb. She tries to "bust" Phineas and Ferb for their inventions they build. Their dad sees them sometimes, but their mom never does. Candace thinks they'd get in big trouble for building it all, but they're not doing anything wrong (they wear helmets and sign paperwork--I find that funny since they're kids). :) Like most shows, the parents aren't usually around. But, they aren't completely absent. It's in the middle of the summer, so their mother's running errands and their dad owns an antique shop, so he's always gone working, it seems. There are plenty of times when it shows them sitting at the table eating together...and there are quite a few episodes where they're out shopping or traveling together. The parents aren't necessarily clueless--the mom never sees the experiments because they "logically" disappear. Most the time they vanish because of the "evil" Doctor Doofenshmirtz. I love every single one of their songs...a lot of them are on my iPod. The songs are positive and aren't questionable, and not to mention funny! I've listed Phineas and Ferb as educational because I've learned a few things from them. Now, they don't teach Spanish or math, but there are little things here and there that you learn!! I hope I've helped everybody out there...this is coming from a 15 year old's perspective...I doubt that makes any difference, but I didn't think it would hurt to share my opinion. :) (Now, it says I said it's for age five, but that means it's good for 5 year olds and UP. It's not just a kid's show! I'm addicted!!)
Parent of a 4 and 10 year old Written byLovemy2Kids July 13, 2010

Might be ok for older children/tweens and up.

We are a pretty conservative family and there are words (such as stupid) that are used all the time in this cartoon. Also, the parents in the cartoon are not present much and when they are they appear goofy and clueless. The kids in the cartoon are sassy and seem to have little respect for their parents. The teenage daughter in the cartoon is absolutely infatuated with a boy and while this may be ok for the older crowd I don't care for my younger kids watching it. Lastly there seems to be a lot of screaming/yelling in the cartoon which is just annoying. I guess the positives would be team work ? This show is purely for entertainment nothing educational.
Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written bykimincolorado March 27, 2010

Great show, smart and fun!

I am a very picky mom when it comes to TV programming, because my kids imitate everything they see. We don't watch Spongebob or even old Charlie Brown shows because of how they act afterwards. With that said, I LOVE Phineas and Ferb! I think this show is so funny (even for me, super witty and clever), encourages creativity and celebrates intelligence. My kids love it and get great ideas from it. My son keeps telling me he wants to build an anti-gravity machine.
Written byAnonymous November 22, 2011

Entertaining for all ages

I can find almost no faults in this amazingly creative and witty kids show. This is one of the few modern cartoons that all ages can enjoy. It teaches about creativity, the value of knowledge, good sportsmanship, friendship, and condemns lazy behavior. It also has surprisingly emotional moments, such as when Candace is thinking about how even though she considers her brothers to be annoying, they are still her brothers and she needs to appreciate and love them. It has at least one catchy, well-written song in each episode. There are a lot of puns and ironic humor that never cease to make me laugh or smile. Phineas and Ferb are always polite and friendly to everyone they meet. Candace's behavior may be obnoxious at times, but considering that most kids will consider her a "villian" (she's always trying ruin her brothers' fun and get them in trouble), I highly doubt that many children would want to imitate her. In terms of language, there are so many shows out there on Disney and Nickelodeon that have much worse language than this show. Rarely have I heard any characters use bad language on P&F. This show is worth watching. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. :)
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written byBruceInCola August 8, 2010

Great for raising an insulting smart mouth

Only speaking as a parent of a 5 yr old, I can say that if my kids start using language like they hear on this show (and they will), there will be trouble. I turned this on specifically because it was recommended by CSM, but one of the first things I heard was "shut up, you moron". I guess if you want to raise a smart mouth right off the bat (until waiting until the prime teen years for that to kick in naturally :) ), this would be a great primer. I will be looking for other shows that don't have this language at least until she is a little older.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycandycat123 August 16, 2011

The best!!

I love this show so much!!!! It's funny, creative, and phineas and ferb are very good role models for kids. This is the only show I watch on Disney channel. The songs are very catchy and fun to sing along with! This shows good for the whole family!!
Kid, 11 years old May 4, 2015

A TV Show with POSITIVE MESSAGES, ROLE MODELS, and EDUCATIONAL VALUE!!!

I totally disagree with common sense media about positive messages, role models, and educational value! It inspires us to be creative and to not be lazy! Yes, I do agree that the parents are absent a lot and that Candace is a nemesis to them but still! I would give it at least 3 bars! Also, Phineas and Ferb sometimes help Candace even though she is a nemesis to them! Click Read My Mind if you agree with that! I would also like to say that the show sometimes uses words a normal 5 year old shouldn't know like shut up. Also, there is one episode named "Act Your Age" which may be Iffy for 5 year olds. That is my reason of why it should be 8 or 9 years and up.
Parent of a 4 and 10 year old Written byoundlemum February 18, 2011

The ONLY show my 4- and 10-year-old both watch - and LOVE

This is the only show my precocious 4- (boy) and 10-year-old (girl) kids can both agree on. The tunes are catchy, and the pop-culture references are subtle enough so the kids aren't missing anything and parents can be quietly amused. I keep separate playlists on my iPod and several of the P&F tunes are on both kids' list...and mine! The only downer for me is the boy-craziness of the two main female characters Isabella (who's hopelessly in love with Phineas) and teen sister Candace who is beyond paranoid about her teenaged boyfriend. Their saving grace is that Isabella is incredibly capable in her own right (and capable of meeting any outlandish requests made by the boys - though why she's always serving their needs is beyond me - I heard rumor they're thinking of giving the Fireside Girls their own who). Also, the show makes it clear that Candace's paranoia about Jeremy is ridiculous (lest any tweener think it's desirable behavior!) and she does go on more than her own share of death-defying adventures (always winning the lovable Jeremy's admiration, despite her own insecurities). Last, Jeremy is a boyfriend and parent of a teenager would be happy to have their daughter date, so it has that going for it as well.
Parent Written bycityy January 12, 2012

Educational TV rant.

This is honestly one of the only shows I'm okay with letting my 4-year-old daughter watch. She loves it and so does the rest of my family. I think it's ridiculous that parents don't like it because they use "inappropriate language/behavior" and it "isn't educational at all". So what? My daughter has been watching it for a year now and I've never once had a problem with her language/behavior because of it. I've raised her well enough to know better than to copy everything she sees/hears on TV. She knows what's right and wrong. And it isn't educational? Why does EVERYTHING have to be educational these days? What ever happened to just being a kid? Lighten up. Phineas and Ferb might not teach your child how read or count or speak Spanish (that's your job as a parent anyway, not the televisions) but at least it teaches them to use their imagination and have fun. Most of the educational shows these days creep me right out with all of their blank stares into the TV and their baby voices (shouldn't they be teaching them to at least talk normal?) and not to mention, the things they "teach" your kids are usually completely pointless, like the one I saw the other day that wasn't doing anything but naming off literally every single part of an airplane. Or the one that spent the entire half hour explaining how to eat spaghetti like they're totally incompetent. So educational. Kids definitely couldn't live without such useless crap filling up their brains, right?
Parent of a 4 year old Written byAustin mom of one July 12, 2010

Waiting for 5+ and maybe a little later.

It is a fun show only. No educational value what so ever. She only gets to watch it every now and then and I try to watch too as to point out behaviors or words I don't like. They say the word stupid so that was an issue in our house for a while. We have pretty much tured this show off until she is a little older to understand not to mimic the behaviors she sees.
Kid, 10 years old June 5, 2011

I like this show.

This show is amazing! :)
Kid, 12 years old November 24, 2010
I love the show! I think is perfect for any age. The boys are great role models of optimism, persistence... The boys are educated, smart, creative and most of all... FUN! The show has catchy songs with cute lyrics, funny and smart jokes that little kids will understand and grown ups will find funny too.
Teen, 15 years old Written byLucan1010 July 9, 2015

Excellent Cartoon Appropriate and Entertaining for the Whole Family

Violence: Occasional comic mischief and mild peril, however none is scary or violent, and no one is ever injured or seriously hurt. Language: Infrequent mild name calling such as "stupid" or "loser" but all characters are very close and even enemies will often help each other out. On episode has three usages of "dang" but coming from a guy who is offended by language that's not bad at all. Sex: Mild flirting and dating, promotes long-term relationships. Drugs: None. If you are looking for a show for the whole family, look no further, Phineas and Ferb has got you covered.
Teen, 16 years old Written bylissystar98 June 23, 2015

Made my childhood memorable

I was nine when this show came out and I remember watching it with my siblings every single day after school. Not only are the characters memorable, hilarious, and very well developed, but the stories the writers come up with are so creative. There's never a dull moment in P and F with catchy songs that stick with you forever and incredible animation that brings out everything you want in a great cartoon. I highly recommend this show and will definitely be showing it to my kids some day!
Parent Written byAdmonitioGeneralis September 6, 2011

Smart, well-written show that adults enjoy as much as kids

Phineas & Ferb is a bright spot in children's entertainment programming today. The writing is smart, with plenty of knowing winks to adults along the way to keep interest way up; I don't know who likes it more, me or my children! Any kid's show that can make a running gag of the phrase "I hear there's a new version of Jane Eyre in the offing" gets my undying love. That said, I need to issue a correction re: CaptFantasy's review. During the Mary McGuffin episode, Doofenshmirtz calls the maker of the (supposedly) upside-down On-Off switch a "Dummkopf"--German for "dumb-head" (or, simply, "dummy"). The joke is that HE is the one who has mounted the switch upside down, and that realization dawns on him even as he is saying the words. Please do not blame the writers or warn parents against something merely because you failed to understand it. Thankfully, the writers never went anywhere near Adam Corolla's neologism. Summary: smart writing, clever literary/high art/pop culture references, great chuckle-inducing multi-culti representations (Mrs. Garcia-Shapiro at the Mexican-Jewish cultural festival, anyone?), gentle satire. Phineas & Ferb is a rare treat.
Adult Written byFerbFan216 February 10, 2011

Excellent! The violence is more Tom and Jerry-ish, but normal Watch it! Watch it! Watch it!
Parent Written byTamrynWashington11 December 11, 2013

TERRIBLE!

This show is Terrible. Never let your kids watch it. Sometimes stuff pops up and it is soooo inappropriate!