All member reviews for Phineas and Ferb

Teen, 13 years old Written byGdextor December 28, 2011

COMMONS SENSE MEDIA HAD NO COMMON SENSE

Phineas and Ferb is a very educational TV show because it makes children wake up in the morning and do stuff other than being lazy. It shows children how much fun it can be building things and being adventurous. It is inspiring. Dear Everyone, If you agree with me CLICK on ''had useful details'
Teen, 15 years old Written byKaleigh:) March 6, 2012

From a 15 Year Old's Perspective

I'm 15 years old--so I know NOTHING about raising a kid. But, I live in a Christian family and there's few shows we watch on TV because they don't dress right, talk right, etc. So, what's on our list of what we CAN watch? Phineas and Ferb! This is my VERY favorite show!! Spongebob used to be my favorite, but not anymore! :) I think Phineas and Ferb is a good show for kids. They don't use bad words. The worst they use is "stupid" and "moron" . Those were very bad words when I was a kid, so for parents I can see why people say it's inappropriate. Phineas and Ferb are imaginative, creative kids that don't want to spend their summer inside watching TV. They build crazy projects by hand--not by magic or anything like that. They are smart, and have smart friends. They don't call people "dumb" or they don't make fun of them if they have a bad idea. Reading the posts, I can see that parents have problems with Candace. She's a boy-crazy teenager who is obsessed with Jeremy (her boyfriend later in the show)--when she's not obsessing over busting Phineas and Ferb. She tries to "bust" Phineas and Ferb for their inventions they build. Their dad sees them sometimes, but their mom never does. Candace thinks they'd get in big trouble for building it all, but they're not doing anything wrong (they wear helmets and sign paperwork--I find that funny since they're kids). :) Like most shows, the parents aren't usually around. But, they aren't completely absent. It's in the middle of the summer, so their mother's running errands and their dad owns an antique shop, so he's always gone working, it seems. There are plenty of times when it shows them sitting at the table eating together...and there are quite a few episodes where they're out shopping or traveling together. The parents aren't necessarily clueless--the mom never sees the experiments because they "logically" disappear. Most the time they vanish because of the "evil" Doctor Doofenshmirtz. I love every single one of their songs...a lot of them are on my iPod. The songs are positive and aren't questionable, and not to mention funny! I've listed Phineas and Ferb as educational because I've learned a few things from them. Now, they don't teach Spanish or math, but there are little things here and there that you learn!! I hope I've helped everybody out there...this is coming from a 15 year old's perspective...I doubt that makes any difference, but I didn't think it would hurt to share my opinion. :) (Now, it says I said it's for age five, but that means it's good for 5 year olds and UP. It's not just a kid's show! I'm addicted!!)
Kid, 12 years old April 29, 2011

Lame

hate it. the older sister does'nt seem 2 have a reason to "bust" her brothers, unless isabella is diagnosed with bipolarism, she is way 2 young 2 have a crush on phineas. that scientist dude is stupid and not my idea of evil. that platypus is wasting his precious time with him. overall, its the lamest show ever where the same thing happens over and over. the only thing i like is that it encuragers creativity.
Kid, 12 years old March 9, 2010

Worst show in the galaxy!

I personally hate the show. All of my friends watch it, so I went to check it out. It turns out not only the show stinks, but all of disney channel stinks! I think the characters are disturbing. The older sister's hair is only at the back of her head! kinda gross. Also, who has a pet platapus? Aren't they poisonous? Aren't the illegal. I think sesemea street is WAY better. DONT WATCH DISNEY! BAD ACTING, BAD GRAPHICS, BAD SHOWS!
Teen, 14 years old Written byOneCrazyCartoon May 7, 2013

Phineas and Ferb & Why Some Don't Like It

"Phineas and Ferb" is just one of the offerings television is airing to us right at the moment. And..... it's good. From other reviews, I can understand some people's reactions to the out of place language, violence and its lack of educational value. But, we need to realize one thing about modern TV shows. It's entertainment. Its sole purpose it to entertain us. I can see how people don't approve of elements like the language and violence but we, as a culture, have accepted that as entertainment. If you don't approve of it, that's completely fine. But from my point of view, I can find a few hidden glimpses of pure, good messages that are in the show. First off, the main character is one. Phineas is a bright, young boy who is very creative and optimistic. That's a sure fire role model for some parents. Isabella also shows good leadership skills and doesn't give up very easily when a challenge comes her and the Fireside Girls' way. Even their pet Perry shows respect towards his superiors (sometimes sarcastically) and does the right thing for justice. Secondly, there are a few episodes that end with a moral or lesson (Examples: Last Train To Bustville/Determination Across The 2nd Dimension: Friendship, keeping secrets) Though there aren't many, I like to keep in mind that this show is not all against morals. I watch this show a lot, even though I am a teenager. I find the characters diverse, the plot very original and casting spot on. The humor is funny and well thought out (my perspective; not yours) and the running gags don't die within a few episodes. To summarize, I find this show very appealing as entertainment. Compared to other cartoons like Adventure Time and SpongeBob, this is definitely the most family friendly. But for kids who don't understand how some of its jokes and language are inappropriate, I wouldn't recommend watching it until they are able to or about age 9. I hope you have the same thoughts.
Kid, 12 years old November 24, 2010

I love the show! I think is perfect for any age. The boys are great role models of optimism, persistence... The boys are educated, smart, creative and most of all... FUN! The show has catchy songs with cute lyrics, funny and smart jokes that little kids will understand and grown ups will find funny too.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycandycat123 August 16, 2011

The best!!

I love this show so much!!!! It's funny, creative, and phineas and ferb are very good role models for kids. This is the only show I watch on Disney channel. The songs are very catchy and fun to sing along with! This shows good for the whole family!!
Kid, 10 years old June 5, 2011

I like this show.

This show is amazing! :)
Kid, 10 years old March 27, 2011

Girl power

candace is the only reason you should watch this rubish
Kid, 10 years old March 28, 2010

A Great Show Constructed New and Creatively

Honestly, this is my favorite show ever! The message is clear and positive: you can do anything if you set your mind to it. For example, Phineas and Ferb always have an idea, and within about an hour or two, they make it happen. Also, another message is to be careful what you wish for. For example, Candace always wants to "bust" Phineas and Ferb by showing their parents Phineas and Ferb's impossible ideas. But the two times she actually has busted Phineas and Ferb, (once in a dream) Candace was sad and miserable. She regretted showing this to her parents. Phineas and Ferb are excellent role models because they make the impossible happen with creativity and a little imagination. I have no concerns regarding this show. This is what I think about the show Phineas and Ferb.
Kid, 12 years old February 12, 2010

Full of dumb humor (if you can even say it has humor), bad voicing, and immaturity. Not for anyone over 6.

The dumbest show ever. Pretty good for 6 and under, but only 6 and under. It's (okay, I'll admit it) kind of funny, but only sometimes. It's way too childish and immature for anyone over the age of 6, and the humor is totally stupid. On for 6-; off for 7+.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycheacky3 May 31, 2009

This is a pretty good show

This is not that bad. Except one little problem. YOU MADE A MISTAKE!!!!! I mean really 5+, and you made cyberchase 6+. Cyberchase should be 4 or 5+. But phineas and ferb should be 6+. Phineas and ferb has some violence and it's on disney. But cyberchase is educational and is on PBS kids. Have some common sense, commonsense media.
Teen, 13 years old Written byZackDaMan March 20, 2015

A show for kids that is entertaining for teens.

Phineas and Ferb is a mature funny cartoon about two boys who make the most of their summer. If I could describe this animated musical comedy in two words I would say: WATCH IT.
Teen, 17 years old Written bycyberboy5red January 24, 2015

What happened to what used to be a great show?

I like the older episodes just fine, but the series is getting old, with it just taking place in the summer. Yes, there were episodes that took place on Halloween or Christmas break, but the basic idea stays the same. They're just doing way too much in the summer. They should do a special where they show Phineas and Ferb in school and do a full school year with them in that special. So bottom line? Older episodes are fun, newer ones are getting old fast.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCyanSweater December 16, 2014

It's... eh.

It gets kind of boring, as it's just the same over the top plot everyday. No episode is different from the rest, and the only difference is the things they built. Character's aren't very likeable, and it's annoying.
Kid, 11 years old November 9, 2014

Fun to watch

This television show can be fine in some ways, but the technology the characters use is just not to be trusted. What really matters is the state of the environment, and their technology harms the environment. What matters is to protect living animals and plants.
Kid, 10 years old October 6, 2014

Ehhh

I mean it's an ok show in general but, it's the same plot over and over again and eventually it gets really annoying... They could at least make it unique every once in a while, even when it's like a Christmas special or something, it's pretty much the same thing. It always starts with Phineas and Ferb sitting bye the tree being bored, then Phineas suddenly comes up with this random idea then says "Ferb, I know what were gonna do today!" Then they start building something, then like 2 minutes later Isabella and those 2 boys (I forget there names is like Buford and something) then Isabella is like "Whatcha doin?" Then they explain then they start building this crazy thing, then we go up to Candace's room where of course she's calling Stacy and starts talking about Jeramy or some other weird obsession she has, then she's like "Oh my god the boys are doing something I must bust" or something then she hangs up and goes back into the backyard, then perry leaves and goes Doof's building, when he gets there he gets caught in one of his very bad traps, then Doof explains his "evil plan", eventually Perry escapes and uses one of Doof's inators to stop whatever he's doing, somewhere in the middle of all that they have a musical number, then Doof's inator ends up destroying the thing Phineas and Ferb have been working on, Candace runs to mom claiming the boys did the thing they did but the thing they did got destroyed bye Doof's machine, Candace ends up looking foolish once again bye failing to show her mom what the boys did, and then the episode pretty much ends... That's pretty much every single episode of this show...
Teen, 13 years old Written byDarksouls444 September 5, 2014

Very good and creative

I think it s very good show if I could watch it with out my lil bro taking over the tv I have a ferb plush right next to me :3
Teen, 16 years old Written bywertj August 26, 2014

AMAZING CREATIVE SHOW
Kid, 11 years old July 16, 2014

Great

Phineas and Ferb is a great TV show for ages 6 and up. It tells you to make the best of what you've got, to believe in yourself, and many other things you can apply in your daily life. Children under the age of 6 may not understand the messages of Phineas and Ferb, so I don't recommend it for those children. I like how they own a pet platypus. It's unique because no one owns them (because males are poisonous). This is the only TV show I still like. I may have become a little too old for this, but I love it. I'm always awaiting new episodes of the series. If you haven't watched it, what are you waiting for? Children and their parents will love it!