All member reviews for Planet Earth

Stunning high-def series spotlights world wonders.

Kid, 11 years old November 17, 2009

Perfect for Tweens

This movie was amazing for older children. The only problem was the hard powerful message that follows think back watchers to the polar bear scene or the Amur leopard scene. The polar bear basically dug it's own grave.
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written byPapa Zaphod April 26, 2011

The Caves episode was great. Then we watched the Jungles episode, where there were the warring chimps; one tribe killed much of the other tribe, killed a baby chimp, tore it apart and ate it. Needless to say, not something for kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymelted831 August 24, 2009

good for families

This nature is the best nature show out there. There is tons of cool animals and plants. There is so many cool episodes of caves, forests, seas, deserts and many more places on earth. This video has so many facts but there are lots of animals eating and attacking.

powerful

great for animal lovers! i think 5+ is good, maybe younger. Just as long as your child understands that animals eat animals, and there is nothing wrong with that. (SPOILER ALERT!!!)- On one episode there was a polar bear and he could'nt stay alive because global warming, and it kind of showed how much it affects life. (SPOILER ALERT OVER). It makes you more aware of tihngs like global warming.

AWSOME THE BEST SERIES IN A LONG TIME!!!

SO GOOD! It is so interesting! It has really good grafics and it tought me a TUN of stuff about nature! WATCH IT!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byferraris_rock April 9, 2008

Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

It's Okay.

I like Planet Earth. It is quite neat and educational. I don't like that it stole the Emmy award from "Meerkat Manor" in '07, that angered me. I really think it's great but it can't measure up to Meerkat Manor.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLedZepFan98 May 23, 2012

Edutainment at it's best

This is the best documentary show ever and it's educational. There is some animal mating and animals attacking other animals but that's it
Parent of a 8 year old Written byWeety July 20, 2010

AWESOME

LOVE IT! A little scary for younger kids (animal hunting/death).
Parent Written byhools June 15, 2009

Great for preschoolers if you can fast forward or mute . . .

Our daughter, who is almost 4 watches very few children's shows, none of them violent. We've watched the entire Planet Earth series with her and she loves it (and so do we). When we see what appears to be an intense predator/prey scene with her, we mute or fast forward. She lets us know what she's comfortable watching, or not. I think it's good to inform children early about the circle of life, as well as the fact that when we human beings eat meat, animals are killed. This show provides a forum for doing that, among other things.
Adult Written byatomic_incinerator January 30, 2009

Absolutely stunning

This series is absolutely mind blowing, I watched them all and was absolutely blown away. The camera work is incredible
Teen, 15 years old Written byJustjr92 April 9, 2008

A Must See!!!

I thought that this series would be just another boring animal show. I was wrong! This show is full of action and really shows the world in a new light that I have never seen it in before. It makes you really think of how much we have to save left in this planet! Everyone should have to see this show!!!
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

WOW!!!!!!

This is a great show it took five years to make one show this show should be rated five stars because it is such a cool movie i love this show and i hope it will never end i love it and i will tell all my friends about it it was a great show i love it it was so cool this show was a great show this show was great i loved this show this is a great show i loved this show it was a great show i couldnt beleeve it it was so cool i loved it a lot
Parent of a 12 year old Written byTsion April 9, 2008

Magnificent, Stunning, Amazing for All!

Stunning... Planet Earth goes where no show has gone before. It captures beautiful images and animals that no one has before captured on film. There is no sex or language. The violence is breif and mild, predators hunt their prey and are briefly shown eating it. Some mild blood is shown briefly. This series shows on Discovery Channel on cable. Also, you can capture the entire series on DVD, with four discs of the series and one bonus disc of special features. Highly reccommended!
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

i love planet earth

planet earth is the best show ever i watch in hd it is awesome
Teen, 14 years old Written bySynchronicity April 9, 2008

A must-see!

Planet Earth took 4 years to make and it's worth the wait. The only bad content is some scenes of animals being eaten/killed; however the violence is acceptable in the nature context. I say that this show is great and the high definition is so amazing... You have to watch the whole show on BBC or Discovery at least once! The BBC version is better IMHO but the Discovery version is okay too. Anyone over 5 should watch Planet Earth.

A Magnificent, Educational Series for Anyone!

Planet Earth goes everywhere in the world, from the ocean depths to antartica, from the African Deserts to amazing subteranean caves, from fresh water to salt water. Planet Earth shows you several amazing sights that have never been caught on film. Such as a high-speed chase between hunting dogs and a deer, and two polar bear cubs and their mother emerging out into their icy world for the first time. Planet Earth also teaches about recycling and conservation, and goes into what could happen if we do not. The DVD collection has a bonus disc called Planet Earth-The Future, which teaches about conservation and helping animals. This show will make kids appreciate natural beauty, and is educational as well. It is a breathtaking series for anyone.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMovieFan April 9, 2008

What a great show

I love this show. The camerawork is stunning, the narration is good, and the animals, oh the animals. Snow leopards and pandas and pirahnas. Age wise 5+ may be a little too low. While it doesn't bother me, some of the violence may scare younger kids, which is OK. (Kids need to experience new and sometimes unsettling things at that age). I see no problem with 5+, but some might. Again, great show.