All member reviews for Pocoyo

Adventurous kid's curiosity will appeal to preschoolers.

Kid, 11 years old April 25, 2011

I have a 5 yr old bro and he kinda likes it i think it is soo cute muah muah Pocoyo though it doesn't educate in 123/abcs but it is cool
Parent of a 2 year old Written bythesavants08 April 7, 2011

Hooray for Pocoyo!!

My child loves Pocoyo! I love the simplistic style of the show. It's simply the characters against a white screen. I think it helps to keep the child's attentions actually. As for the content, while Pocoyo can act like a brat he always comes around with some guidance from the narrator. Overall it's a positive message. While the show is not educational, it is great to teach kids about emotions and what to do with them.
Teen, 16 years old Written bydavidguitar15..... April 4, 2011

Lame show...it will ruin todays children
Parent of a 2 and 3 year old Written byrbaker71 April 7, 2011

One of the best positive shows for toddlers

It's hard to find a children's show these days that not laced with cynicism, sarcasm or adult humor. If you are looking for a truly sweet, cute show that won't offend, Pocoyo is one of the best. Pocoyo is computer animated and the characters are in bright cheerful colors against a white background. Pocoyo is a small child, so his vocabulary is limited. The other characters(a pink elephant, a duck, a dog and a bird) don't speak word so most of the advanced vocabulary is provided by the narrator. The shows are made up of several short episodes that focus on topics, like sharing, making new friends, overcoming fears, etc. It's not a ABC/123 kind of show, so you won't get much of that here. All the same, it is a very fun and humorous show to watch with the kids. It really gets and holds their attention, and you don't have to worry about the content.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byAnita126 March 18, 2011

Love the animation and the connections the children can make with the characters. High contrast between the characters and the mostly blank background allows the children to focus on the characters and action without too much stimulation.
Parent Written byewe2lambs March 30, 2011

LOVE IT!!
Parent of a 2 year old Written byecomamacherry March 25, 2011

Better than most.

My two year old loves this show as well. My only concern is the main character often does things impulsively. However, the message is great and teaches kids how to act in different situations.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysuper-duper-boo... March 10, 2011

Great for all ages

I LOVE Pocoyo! I know you're thinking "isnt she a little too old for that," and yes, but we started watching it in class and he's soooo adorably cute and is always thinking about his friends before he thinks about himself.
Parent of a 4 and 7 year old Written bylkletter March 31, 2011

Love it for introduction to Spanish

My kids have definitely picked up some Spanish by watching this show (we record the Univision broadcast). I have to fast-forward through the commercials, but they love it and can understand the story without necessarily knowing all the words.
Kid, 9 years old May 17, 2011

head on swit swat

its soooooooooooooo lame for older kids. but little ones it's good for.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byK10 March 11, 2011

Its very cute and I like the short episodes. My three year old likes it and so do we!
Educator and Parent of a 17 year old Written bysamdy March 14, 2011

Ysl shoes

Its very cute
Kid, 12 years old May 15, 2011

A good but lame show for toddlers!

Although I hate this show, it is still good for toddlers and little kids. My sister watches it sometimes on the spanish DiscoveryKids channel. While it does give positive messages, in my opinion the show is terrible!
Parent Written bymnv August 11, 2011

nice little show for little kids

My daughter loves pocoyo! It has some good messages and can keep the attention of a small child.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byjularama June 9, 2011

an adorable little boy discovering the world and how to engage within it

Our family loves Pocoyo. He is a typical preschool age boy who is naturally adventuresome and curious but also needs to learn how to be respectful, patient, and aware of others around him. The short episodes often have a lesson that is relevant and easy for us to discuss with our son. It is also very visually appealing.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMegan M. March 11, 2013

love it

This is my all time favorite show ever! Go Pato!
Teen, 16 years old Written byndrwcd November 28, 2012

unless your 2 years old or younger you will be bored to death by this lame excuse of a show

this run on the mill small kids show has no meaning to it at all whatsoever
Adult Written byangelicsangelics January 28, 2012

Pocoyo is great!

My nephew who is 8 months loves Pocoyo. The colors are very entertaining to him and sometimes I catch myself watching it too, even when he is not around. hahaha :)
Kid, 11 years old July 2, 2014

Good

Show friendship and kindness
Parent Written byVicNAle March 16, 2014

Show for children 1-2

I have a friend who's child is about to turn 4 and he can't communicate or feed himself and can barely go to the bathroom on his own. All my friend shows her kid is this show. I sat down and watched it and saw that it is a show directed mostly towards children 1-2 because the plots and animation are so simple and there really isn't much dialogue, which kids need in order to learn how to talk and communicate.