Adventurous kid's curiosity will appeal to preschoolers.

Parent of a 2 and 3 year old Written byrbaker71 April 7, 2011

One of the best positive shows for toddlers

It's hard to find a children's show these days that not laced with cynicism, sarcasm or adult humor. If you are looking for a truly sweet, cute show that won't offend, Pocoyo is one of the best. Pocoyo is computer animated and the characters are in bright cheerful colors against a white background. Pocoyo is a small child, so his vocabulary is limited. The other characters(a pink elephant, a duck, a dog and a bird) don't speak word so most of the advanced vocabulary is provided by the narrator. The shows are made up of several short episodes that focus on topics, like sharing, making new friends, overcoming fears, etc. It's not a ABC/123 kind of show, so you won't get much of that here. All the same, it is a very fun and humorous show to watch with the kids. It really gets and holds their attention, and you don't have to worry about the content.
Adult Written byErnesto M January 25, 2013

Excelent for Children

My brothers son loves this show and i dont see anything wrong with it its a great show for children.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bystomer June 28, 2013

Simple is a good thing for a 2yo

This show is simple, full of color, and teaches about being friends. We discovered this on a trip and I was thrilled to find it on Amazon Prime. My son asks to watch it and laughs the whole way through. We're right at the point where he's transitioning from parallel play to cooperative play, so I think this backs up what he's learning in daycare -- to be friendly, take turns, e.g. don't be a brat. Pocoyo learns how his behavior affects his friends; the narrator helps guide him on what he should do. Educational programming does not need to ba all letters and numbers, particularly if they're only 2 years old. I love that he's seeing another perspective on what is and isn't good behavior. Note: it will likely bore the pants of any child 4+.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byAnita126 March 18, 2011
Love the animation and the connections the children can make with the characters. High contrast between the characters and the mostly blank background allows the children to focus on the characters and action without too much stimulation.
Parent Written byVicNAle March 16, 2014

Show for children 1-2

I have a friend who's child is about to turn 4 and he can't communicate or feed himself and can barely go to the bathroom on his own. All my friend shows her kid is this show. I sat down and watched it and saw that it is a show directed mostly towards children 1-2 because the plots and animation are so simple and there really isn't much dialogue, which kids need in order to learn how to talk and communicate.
Educator and Parent Written byspillanea February 18, 2013

A+ for Pocoyo!

I love this show, and my girls (2 & 3.5 years) do too. It's their favorite show to watch - and one of the few I will happily sit and watch with them.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bythesavants08 April 7, 2011

Hooray for Pocoyo!!

My child loves Pocoyo! I love the simplistic style of the show. It's simply the characters against a white screen. I think it helps to keep the child's attentions actually. As for the content, while Pocoyo can act like a brat he always comes around with some guidance from the narrator. Overall it's a positive message. While the show is not educational, it is great to teach kids about emotions and what to do with them.
Parent of a 4 and 7 year old Written bylkletter March 31, 2011

Love it for introduction to Spanish

My kids have definitely picked up some Spanish by watching this show (we record the Univision broadcast). I have to fast-forward through the commercials, but they love it and can understand the story without necessarily knowing all the words.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byjularama June 9, 2011

an adorable little boy discovering the world and how to engage within it

Our family loves Pocoyo. He is a typical preschool age boy who is naturally adventuresome and curious but also needs to learn how to be respectful, patient, and aware of others around him. The short episodes often have a lesson that is relevant and easy for us to discuss with our son. It is also very visually appealing.
Parent Written byewe2lambs March 30, 2011
LOVE IT!!
Parent of a 2 year old Written byecomamacherry March 25, 2011

Better than most.

My two year old loves this show as well. My only concern is the main character often does things impulsively. However, the message is great and teaches kids how to act in different situations.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byK10 March 11, 2011
Its very cute and I like the short episodes. My three year old likes it and so do we!
Parent Written bymnv August 11, 2011

nice little show for little kids

My daughter loves pocoyo! It has some good messages and can keep the attention of a small child.
Educator and Parent of a 17 year old Written bysamdy March 14, 2011

Ysl shoes

Its very cute
Parent of a 3 and 12 year old Written bydirelan June 5, 2013

A very simple show

A very simple show. It asks for interaction from the child, and is short, which is nice, but was to simple for to hold the 3 year old's attention even for a few minutes. While there are positive messages, real life presents better opportunities to teach these lessens.
Parent Written byautisticcaregvr April 17, 2012

Autistic boy of 14 enjoys it

I help take care of an autistic boy of 14. Granted its for little children but it holds his attention, it helps to teach him impulse control and positive behaviors in an appealing way. I have to tell you it holds my interest as well and I'm a male in my 50's.
Adult Written byangelicsangelics January 28, 2012

Pocoyo is great!

My nephew who is 8 months loves Pocoyo. The colors are very entertaining to him and sometimes I catch myself watching it too, even when he is not around. hahaha :)
Teen, 14 years old Written byAznkid78 June 25, 2012

Be aware of Pocoyo's behavior

Pocoyo is my little brother's favorite show, but my mother recently stopped letting him watch it. While it does offer many positive messages, such as apologizing, thinking of others, teamwork, and problem solving, Pocoyo's character often starts conflicts between friends. He does always apologize in the end, but he usually STARTS the conflict. Because of this, my little brother has gotten into the habit of hitting or doing things he has been told not to and then saying sorry and thinking it's totally ok. I think kids need to be mature enough to understand the concept of apologizing before they watch this show. The other positive messages can be seen on many other kid's shows that DON'T teach children to start fights.
Kid, 11 years old April 25, 2011
I have a 5 yr old bro and he kinda likes it i think it is soo cute muah muah Pocoyo though it doesn't educate in 123/abcs but it is cool
Teen, 16 years old Written bydavidguitar15..... April 4, 2011
Lame show...it will ruin todays children