All member reviews for Pokemon Chronicles

Latest Pokemon spin-off is for fans only.

Kid, 11 years old May 8, 2011

Might be best Pokemon ANIME ever (the Special/Adventures MANGA is best of non-game-media, though).

You know what? This anime is really closer to the Adventures/Special manga, with the switching of protagonists makes it closer to those manga than the main anime featuring Ash, though being that it's still a side story anime, it's clearly in the anime continuity, with stories centering on the people Ash meets, while they're not with him, with episodes centering on Team Rocket's (in)famous silver trio, Brock, and Misty. But it's just too sad that what maybe one of the best Pokemon anime is just a one-season-side-story-type-thing. This *season* (I really wish I could call it an anime, or a series, but they only made it as a side story anime showing how people had lives outside of Ash) is maybe one of the best Pokemon things to air on TV ( I said that because you could do *much* better with a decent idea of The Dewey Decimal System, and a big/fancy/crammed/out of print focused/rare library/book store) other then Destiny Deoxys (though that may just be nostalgia, after all, it was my first Pokemon movie) and maybe Lucario And The Mystery Of Mew. All that praise being said and done, this maybe one of the most violent Pokemon seasons(the violence is in league with Mystery Dungeon, and the original Japanese Pokemon Special, and maybe the reason I like this season more then the rest of the anime), with Cassidy and Butch (a pair of much more competent members of Team Rocket) being the the main villains of the only 3 episode with ANY clear continuity. And, as always, remember that Pokemon is Pokemon, and that there is ALWAYS an uncountable number of tie-ins (except for Adventures and Special, yet another reason why I LOVE them, I wish that you could review them, so by extension I could give them more praise, but that would be another review entirely).
Adult Written byAl Jackson April 14, 2012

This show sucks.I love Pokemon,but this show is terrible.The acting is cringe worthy and the animation is terrible.If you want to watch this show let me help you! You won't laugh,you won't have fun,instead you'll wish that your were in prison! Yes,it's that bad! Aviod,avoid,avoid!
Teen, 17 years old Written byposter56art January 27, 2011

it never changes

this is possibly the cheapest anime show ever created.the plot is always the same (some random person trying to be champion or whatever)all they do is create and delete charecters,and tada!you have a cheaply made shohen (for boys anime) show.don't watch this because you will get tired of the plot.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLvl100uberpidgey January 7, 2010

Long time fans will love!

Spin-off will delight fans. The spotlight is taken off Ash and you get to see what characters such as Professor Oak, Richie, and Cassidy and Bob (I mean Butch!) are up to. (If you got the Butch joke, you'll probably love it!)
Teen, 14 years old Written bygolder October 28, 2009

crud aprpopiate for 3+ whats wrong
Parent of a 13 year old Written bychrrr October 11, 2009

Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv February 5, 2009

Silly spin-off!

This spin-off is useless! I don't care what Brock, Misty, and Richie were doing!
Adult Written byMamba-strosity April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byMiss Calculated April 9, 2008

Good show. The "battles" are a sport, and the pokemon "faint" at the end of a battle. There is no violence whatsoever, pokemon use "special powers" to down the foe.
Parent of an infant, 6, and 6 year old Written byjakeandjonathansmom April 9, 2008

its a great show as the veiolence is real low no gore

its good its like the old ones just as if u were watching the old siries it is still good rated
Teen, 16 years old Written byanime_freak004 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bydan555 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byLuna Silvertail April 9, 2008

Not a real issue, it really just depends on who you are.

Pokemon isn't bad at all when it comes to violence. Those who regularly watch the show will know that in the "Pokemon World" Fighting pokemon to were they are actrully hurt is frowned apon. Also Pokemon aren't being made to fight, it is the pokemon who want to fight. I remember early in the original series that Pikachu didn't want to fight Misty becouse Pikachu liked Misty as a friend. Even though Pokemon has gone though charater changes and Pokemon addtions, I don't think it will change as it continues. But Even though I'm not an adult yet, I still urge parents to think of what their children are like. Make sure your children know that there is a thick line between Pokemon (and Most other Cartoons)and Real-life.
Teen, 13 years old Written byflowercat101 April 9, 2008

a fun cute show for 7+

It's a show that showes teamwork and encouragment and is easy for anyone to start watching over and over again.