All member reviews for Pokemon

As much about marketing as it is imagination.

Teen, 17 years old Written byKiro April 9, 2008

Cute and cuddly violence

Pokemon's the dumbest show, but it's cute. The characters are all total goodies. Even Team Rocket (I'm referring to Jessie and James) are really good guys deep down. The show might be "violent" as many people have dsaid, but the violence is milder than playing dodge ball is gym class! The pokemon never really get hurt too badly, and they don't die, they faint. The pokemon are loyal to their trainers when the trainers are nice, which is a good message to kids, "be nice to your animal friends." And the pokemon enjoy their battles, so it's not cruel or anything. It's a great, simple show for little kids.
Adult Written byParranormalHour February 5, 2012

Honestly people!

Again this review is because every one likes to insult some of my favorite kids tv shows. I remember I was four when i started watching this my cousin (He was 5 at the time) and we grew up just fine. Now on to the questionable stuff, yes the pokemon fight and what scary monster are there! If you want a semi scary tv show with horrible mythology you should be watching YuGiOh. Back to the point, there is violence but no blood or anything (1 ep. subbed in english with a gun). Now about the 'sexy stuff' really? I walked into a bookstore and saw a 12 yr old wearing daisy dukes and showing bra straps (Not that she needed a bra) through her tank top. The clothing designs on pokemon are cleaner than that. Yes there is product placement then again this show has very little plot and some how they have to make money because I wouldn't buy their movies or dvd's
Teen, 15 years old Written byCartoonaholic_C... April 9, 2008

POKEMON RULES!!!

Pokemon, Pokemon, PO-KEY-MON!!! Not only the games are good, the anime is, too. One of the most cutest (and vicious) shows ever (Franny's Feet is another cute show by the way). This show is so darn good in my opinion. I always do look forward to new Pokemon by the way. I found a great Pokemon-themed site (www.serebii.net) with a lot of Pokemon-themed information and more. ALL POKEMON RULE!!!
Kid, 11 years old June 23, 2015

Awesome until season 14

Goatworlds here. I hate people who hate it. Sure, it's violent, but it's still funny and awesome. The female trainers are SO HOT! CSM, you've botched up again. EDIT: I've noticed lunatics who believe Pokemon is satanic. These dullards are liars. Only complete lunatics believe such utter crap. They're saying it for some reason IDK about. Also, take notice the anime is going downhill. It's been boring since 2011, when Season 14 aired. Childish, newer Pokemon can be ugly (but can still be very cute), the majority of the series is spent fighting, Ash's voice actress sounds annoying and girly, and Iris is unlikable.
Parent of a 2, 4, 8, 10, 14, 14, 14, and 17 year old Written byparentof7 March 2, 2015

its adorable

cutest anime ever my kids love pokemon
Parent of a 4 and 13 year old Written bydirelan March 8, 2014

Values the importance of friendship and teamwork

I remember watching this show when I was in high school. There are important lessons in each episode. I have been able to go over the lessons with my son, and there is less violence than many other shows for this age group. I do not agree with the reviewer on this site. If this show did not have the video games or card games, it would still be awesome. There have been other shows that have tried to promote a product, and they have not lasted nearly as long.
Parent Written byJugraj November 10, 2012

A good anime at one point, and now utter nonsense and one of the worst shows, even for CN.

I give this show 5 stars for its first eight seasons, and 0 for its latter seven up until now. Anything after Advanced Battle is an absolutely pitiful joke and the next seven seasons are not recommended. The voice acting from Advanced Battle-BW: Rival Destinies is horrendous- it should be noted The Pokemon Company International fired all members of the original voice cast and has banned many from working on the anime again. It should also be noted this show is now a clear attempt at getting money from you and wasting your life away. It WAS a good anime, it did preach good morals for kids (it does so now hypocritically), it did used to teach kids to do the right thing, but now it's just something any true fan would refuse to watch. I would rather not see kids poisoned and money wasted on this once great show- it just gives them more money to take from you and your children. And they use it to make more money and more money. Let the show be put to rest, it's been 15 years, let it end at last.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byRosster12 March 31, 2010

Dating Concept

sigh k heres the thing ive grown up with pokemon from like day one when it first started out my whole childhood gotta have thing (every child generation has one we all know this) was pokemon and anything to do with it so i do know what im talking about cause frankly it never stopped for me it always awsome but my god the shows today are sooooooooo bad like ok the voice acting seems to have actulley gotten worse while the twinkly lights and flashing sounds are enhanced (but hey thats most of the reason we watch it) thing is is that there into their 12th season and ash doesnt even get the concept of dating...is he gay is he supposed to be dateless like seriously pokemon has thrown in the love concept once in a while but not in anything grand but not once have they had one of the girls traveling with ash ever kiss (which when u think about it today kids are seeing that waaaaaay more than on pokemon and its only kissing for crying out loud) whether or not the producers have any idea how to use that concept cause theyve defintly thrown die in there more than once and ive seen kids shows seriously avoid that and its not that big of a deal anyway also its just a kiss or kissing its nothing major like sex and all that jeez man get with it oh and if they do decide to get ash a girlfriend i beggin not dawn cause well ahem ya shes really not that good mays the best in my opinon but mistys also awsome so ya its good for 7 and over but raise it to where avatar last airbender rating was that was fine
Teen, 14 years old Written byA Song or Hymn April 9, 2008

I love Pokemon, that's all I can say.

I have been watching Pokemon since it came out. I loved it. Pokemon is a...nice show. Has lots interesting things about it, and a very imaginative plot. It's very appropriate, except for the violence part. But it's not THAT violent, just kind of. It has a lot more in the show that evens out the violence, and the other bad parts of Pokemon. Though, I have to admit, 6 seasons of Pokemon get old. Sometimes, the show gets too focused on friendship and all that...it becomes kinda boring. It's a not the perfect show, but it's definetely my favorite and I think all ages would enjoy it.
Adult Written bypunk_butters April 9, 2008

...zzz...

No offense to you poke nutz, but this show is a real bore. I used to love pok'emon, but as they got into their second season, I couldn't help but notice they repeated the same plot over & over. A guy has a problem w/ his pok'emon, Ash comes & tries to help him deal, Team Rocket comes to steal Pikachu & that 'troubled' pok'emon w/ yet another huge, expensive machine,(aren't they suppost to be poor?) the 'troubled' pok'emon solves its problems & beats up Team Rocket, Pikachu blasts them off. Sound like every episode's layout? & what's w/ the pok'emon being slaves? Having them kill each other for fun?
Teen, 17 years old Written byZakuvidal July 1, 2015

More mature than it looks

Pokemon, despite being intended for children, just enjoying even to adults . And it is because it is more than a series of animation , is a Japanese anime , with strong emotions , sometimes slashing action violence ( although there is no blood). Moreover, even without strong sexual references , there are times when the characters shown sexual tension , not to mention the girls in miniskirts and tops provocative. I love Pokemon, but I admit it's not always as suitable for children , and parents should know that they have censored many episodes. Luckily , there are no references to alcohol or too strong language.
Adult Written bySeth88 September 30, 2012

Anime you shouldn't be concerned about

Pokemon is probably one of the most "safest" Anime's out there that's ACTUALLY targeted for smaller kids. Majority of Anime and Manga Cartoons (and comics) is targeted for more mature audiences. The first Pokemon Movie (Mewtwo Strikes Back) is probably the only thing parents should be concerned about, it's a lot more darker and violent than the actual Pokemon series. Other than that, it's safe for kids of all ages.
Adult Written bymrgrimjaw August 10, 2012

defineding pokemon

pokeymon is one of my most fave childhood animes its very good for 6 yearolds. pokemon came hear in the late 90s. its about this boy named ash kestume he chases after his dream of being a pokemon master. the voules you kids will learn friendship. and how to follow your dreams. doubt listen to those Christan nut jobs they daunt know what they are talking about. i watched pokemon and look at me now i am a very reposeful adult .
Adult Written byBeckstar November 1, 2011

used to be a great show

I started watching when I was about 7 or 8 years old! Pokemon is a fantastic show. Sadly, it went pretty downhill after Misty left and even worse not long after Misty and May are introduced. I stopped watching not long after they came into the show. The characters are pretty likable. The show is not the same as it used to be. It's about fighting about 99% of the time. Long gone are the emotional and heart warming scenes from the first 5-6 seasons, but now it's all battles and more battles. Even the films are rubbish now. If your kids weren't brought up with the 'old Pokemon', then it's O.K. But being brought up with the show, it's really disappointing. It seems to be more of a marketing plot to get money nowadays. The show isn't sexualised, apart from some tops that show boobs sometimes and any episodes that had any 'questionable' material was removed from US television. Brock also gets 'mental' everytime he sees a girl. At times he can be a bit inappropriate about it. I remember in one episode he is dreaming about his wedding and he says "We aren't going to the reception, we are going straight to the honeymoon" or something like that. He also has said some 'questionable' slightly sexual stuff about women, but it's hardly ever said. It's very comical though. Kids won't notice it. Pokemon is not an EVIL show, even though it has had 'evil' Pokemon fighting parts. Ash and Pikachu have a wonderful relationship and they truly love each other
Kid, 11 years old May 14, 2011

for every age

i may be 11 but pokemon is good for everyone. i still watch it today
Teen, 13 years old Written byThreeDaysGracesGirl November 3, 2010
Adult Written byAce3727 June 28, 2010
i love it!

Give Pokemon a break!

Im Shiny_Pinsir. (Pinsir is a beetle-like pokemon)I am a HUGE pokemon fan. The other day i was browsing the net, when i stumbled upon something that crushed me. Preists and Parents, Rabbis, and Protests about Poemon being under occult, racist, sexist, and sexual. I read the 12-page review for why. So many lies have never been assembled in one spot. For one, Preists and Rabbis, im looking at you! Just because something isn't directly associated with religion, doesn't make it bad. Yes, if you listen to the theme song backwards, you might THINK you her "Satan is awesome". But the reality of it i that so many parents are so determind to bring Pokemon down, they force themselves to hear these kinds of things. It's as though they listen to whatever sounds closest to an "evil cult message" and post it on the internet. There was an issue once about a swatiska (Nazi symbol) on a Pokemon Trading Card. This led Jewish communities all over te world into a flurry of Pokemon-Hating. This was a complete accident, as further resource by myself revealed that the so-called swatiska was actually a japanese symbol. When the American localisers print the cards, they have to flip the image, because japanee read right to left and vice-versa for USA. The flipping of the japanese symbol lead to it resembling a swatiska, and that issue skyrocketed out of control. Then the Burger King Choking issue. Is it Pokemon's fault if parents are too dumb to keep track of wat thier babies are putting in thier mouths??!! All I want is for fellow Kids and PokeFans alike, if you are reading this, please, help the kids have a voice in this. The Kids must be heard and now is the time to do it. Dont let parents and angry adults that jump to conclusions be the downfall of one of the greatest animes of all time. Gotta Save em' all, my friends, Gotta Save em' all!
Kid, 11 years old March 21, 2016

Pokemon is great for Adults and Kids

Normally Anime is based around adults and teens but this show did an excellent job on making it for kids too! The first few seasons had some sexual references and it had a lot of flashing lights in one episode but don't worry the bad ones have been banned from TV. But the new episodes are 100% okay
Adult Written byMichael Loughrie February 15, 2016

It's weird!!!!

I don't get it!!!! Their eyes are too big!!!!