All member reviews for Pokemon

As much about marketing as it is imagination.

Teen, 17 years old Written byKiro April 9, 2008

Cute and cuddly violence

Pokemon's the dumbest show, but it's cute. The characters are all total goodies. Even Team Rocket (I'm referring to Jessie and James) are really good guys deep down. The show might be "violent" as many people have dsaid, but the violence is milder than playing dodge ball is gym class! The pokemon never really get hurt too badly, and they don't die, they faint. The pokemon are loyal to their trainers when the trainers are nice, which is a good message to kids, "be nice to your animal friends." And the pokemon enjoy their battles, so it's not cruel or anything. It's a great, simple show for little kids.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCartoonaholic_C... April 9, 2008

POKEMON RULES!!!

Pokemon, Pokemon, PO-KEY-MON!!! Not only the games are good, the anime is, too. One of the most cutest (and vicious) shows ever (Franny's Feet is another cute show by the way). This show is so darn good in my opinion. I always do look forward to new Pokemon by the way. I found a great Pokemon-themed site (www.serebii.net) with a lot of Pokemon-themed information and more. ALL POKEMON RULE!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byA Song or Hymn April 9, 2008

I love Pokemon, that's all I can say.

I have been watching Pokemon since it came out. I loved it. Pokemon is a...nice show. Has lots interesting things about it, and a very imaginative plot. It's very appropriate, except for the violence part. But it's not THAT violent, just kind of. It has a lot more in the show that evens out the violence, and the other bad parts of Pokemon. Though, I have to admit, 6 seasons of Pokemon get old. Sometimes, the show gets too focused on friendship and all that...it becomes kinda boring. It's a not the perfect show, but it's definetely my favorite and I think all ages would enjoy it.

Give Pokemon a break!

Im Shiny_Pinsir. (Pinsir is a beetle-like pokemon)I am a HUGE pokemon fan. The other day i was browsing the net, when i stumbled upon something that crushed me. Preists and Parents, Rabbis, and Protests about Poemon being under occult, racist, sexist, and sexual. I read the 12-page review for why. So many lies have never been assembled in one spot. For one, Preists and Rabbis, im looking at you! Just because something isn't directly associated with religion, doesn't make it bad. Yes, if you listen to the theme song backwards, you might THINK you her "Satan is awesome". But the reality of it i that so many parents are so determind to bring Pokemon down, they force themselves to hear these kinds of things. It's as though they listen to whatever sounds closest to an "evil cult message" and post it on the internet. There was an issue once about a swatiska (Nazi symbol) on a Pokemon Trading Card. This led Jewish communities all over te world into a flurry of Pokemon-Hating. This was a complete accident, as further resource by myself revealed that the so-called swatiska was actually a japanese symbol. When the American localisers print the cards, they have to flip the image, because japanee read right to left and vice-versa for USA. The flipping of the japanese symbol lead to it resembling a swatiska, and that issue skyrocketed out of control. Then the Burger King Choking issue. Is it Pokemon's fault if parents are too dumb to keep track of wat thier babies are putting in thier mouths??!! All I want is for fellow Kids and PokeFans alike, if you are reading this, please, help the kids have a voice in this. The Kids must be heard and now is the time to do it. Dont let parents and angry adults that jump to conclusions be the downfall of one of the greatest animes of all time. Gotta Save em' all, my friends, Gotta Save em' all!
Parent of a 9 year old Written byRosster12 March 31, 2010

Dating Concept

sigh k heres the thing ive grown up with pokemon from like day one when it first started out my whole childhood gotta have thing (every child generation has one we all know this) was pokemon and anything to do with it so i do know what im talking about cause frankly it never stopped for me it always awsome but my god the shows today are sooooooooo bad like ok the voice acting seems to have actulley gotten worse while the twinkly lights and flashing sounds are enhanced (but hey thats most of the reason we watch it) thing is is that there into their 12th season and ash doesnt even get the concept of dating...is he gay is he supposed to be dateless like seriously pokemon has thrown in the love concept once in a while but not in anything grand but not once have they had one of the girls traveling with ash ever kiss (which when u think about it today kids are seeing that waaaaaay more than on pokemon and its only kissing for crying out loud) whether or not the producers have any idea how to use that concept cause theyve defintly thrown die in there more than once and ive seen kids shows seriously avoid that and its not that big of a deal anyway also its just a kiss or kissing its nothing major like sex and all that jeez man get with it oh and if they do decide to get ash a girlfriend i beggin not dawn cause well ahem ya shes really not that good mays the best in my opinon but mistys also awsome so ya its good for 7 and over but raise it to where avatar last airbender rating was that was fine
Adult Written byAce3727 June 28, 2010

i love it!
Kid, 11 years old May 14, 2011

for every age

i may be 11 but pokemon is good for everyone. i still watch it today
Teen, 14 years old Written bykittyz000 July 29, 2009

Awesome!!

Ive watched pokemon even when I was only 3,4, and 5, and I still watch it now! It really isn't as violent as people think it is. I like pokemon!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bytori_dawson May 14, 2011

One of the best shows for all ages

I just started watching pokemon lol. It's a good show....Some characters annoy me but I am not the age group they are hoping to reach. The show is great for young boys especially but it shows young girls you can be cool and strong and still beautiful as well.
Kid, 11 years old July 29, 2011

It's an awesome show a few sad moments tho

There's this really sad moment where they release the butterfly and they start crying and there's this other one where they release a snake it's sometimes sad and sometimes funny
Kid, 12 years old August 11, 2010

Good anime

Hey, there isn't too much violence Common Sense Media (CSM)! There is always a fight or two, but it's nothing more than friendly battle, and there is not any blood. Sometimes the Pokemons will get very tired after the battle, but Ash, Misty and Brock always care for their Pokemons and they are taking their pets to Pokemon hospital where good woman heals them. Brock is sometimes very funny, especially when he sees good-looking woman, but he knows very much about making food, training Pokemons and giving them healthy food that helps them to be strong. Also, Ash, Misty and Brock are very good and big friends that will help each other when necessary. My mum likes Pokemon very much, she stills watch this cartoon! CMS gave this cartoon 2 stars because they hate all animes!!
Kid, 11 years old July 17, 2010

POKEMON IS THE BEST THING THAT COULD EVER HAPPEN TO THE WORLD!!!!!!

I LOVED THIS SHOW FROM THE AGE OF 4-8! IT'S LIKE SO AWESOME!!! I COLLECTED THE CARDS AND EVERYTHING I ALWAYS BOUGHT EVERY NEW POKEMON GAME THE DAY IT CAME OUT I USUALLY EVEN RESERVED IT!!! I STILL THINK POKEMON IS AWESOME!!!! POKEMON IS THE BEST THING THAT WILL EVER HAPPEN TO YOU!!!! WATCH THE SHOW AND YOU WILL SEE FOR YOURSELF! IF YOU ARE 5 OR 6 IT'S THE PERFECT TIME TO GET INTO IT IF YOU'RE INTERESTED! YOU WILL NEVER GET OVER THIS YOU WILL LOVE IT UNTIL YOU DIE!!!! I STRONGLY RECOMMEND TO COLLECT THE CARDS WATCH THE SHOW AND PLAY ALL THE GAMES!!!! I WAS SO OBSESSED I STILL HAVE A FULL BINDER OF POKEMON EX AND LV. X CARDS!!! POKEMON IS JUST SOOOO AWESOME!!! I EVEN SUNG THE THEME SONG WITH SOME OF MY FRIENDS TO MY THE WHOLE 5TH GRADE!!!! LOVE AND CHERRISH POKEMON FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written by96grlpowrCE June 9, 2010

Pretty much everyone's first anime! :]

I used to be obsessed with Pokemon when I was three or four. I carried around a Meowth doll (yeah, I rooted for Team Rocket-- I thought they were great! XD), saw the movies in the theatres, bought the videos... we even have a lot of the original Japanese Pokemon cards at my house. It's a great show, mostly for younger kids, but older kids might like seeing it every once in awhile. The only thing to be really worried about it is, don't ever watch a video clip of the Porygon episode. I'm pretty sure they either edited it or did not air it in America, because it landed hundreds of kids in Japan in the hospital with seizures (in the late 90s, it's nothing too recent). I saw the video clip myself online and I had nausea for two days. :/ Not fun, at all.
Kid, 11 years old May 5, 2010

i love it its my favroite show it has product placement and voilence but other than that its a good show
Teen, 13 years old Written bySakura-Fluff January 13, 2010

Getting worse by the season

The first season was amazing! The second was pretty good. The third was decent... I despise the new one. Dawn is extremely prissy and is never content, though I do not approve of the new show, I am a pokemon game fanatic.
Adult Written byBeckstar November 1, 2011

used to be a great show

I started watching when I was about 7 or 8 years old! Pokemon is a fantastic show. Sadly, it went pretty downhill after Misty left and even worse not long after Misty and May are introduced. I stopped watching not long after they came into the show. The characters are pretty likable. The show is not the same as it used to be. It's about fighting about 99% of the time. Long gone are the emotional and heart warming scenes from the first 5-6 seasons, but now it's all battles and more battles. Even the films are rubbish now. If your kids weren't brought up with the 'old Pokemon', then it's O.K. But being brought up with the show, it's really disappointing. It seems to be more of a marketing plot to get money nowadays. The show isn't sexualised, apart from some tops that show boobs sometimes and any episodes that had any 'questionable' material was removed from US television. Brock also gets 'mental' everytime he sees a girl. At times he can be a bit inappropriate about it. I remember in one episode he is dreaming about his wedding and he says "We aren't going to the reception, we are going straight to the honeymoon" or something like that. He also has said some 'questionable' slightly sexual stuff about women, but it's hardly ever said. It's very comical though. Kids won't notice it. Pokemon is not an EVIL show, even though it has had 'evil' Pokemon fighting parts. Ash and Pikachu have a wonderful relationship and they truly love each other
Parent Written byJugraj November 10, 2012

A good anime at one point, and now utter nonsense and one of the worst shows, even for CN.

I give this show 5 stars for its first eight seasons, and 0 for its latter seven up until now. Anything after Advanced Battle is an absolutely pitiful joke and the next seven seasons are not recommended. The voice acting from Advanced Battle-BW: Rival Destinies is horrendous- it should be noted The Pokemon Company International fired all members of the original voice cast and has banned many from working on the anime again. It should also be noted this show is now a clear attempt at getting money from you and wasting your life away. It WAS a good anime, it did preach good morals for kids (it does so now hypocritically), it did used to teach kids to do the right thing, but now it's just something any true fan would refuse to watch. I would rather not see kids poisoned and money wasted on this once great show- it just gives them more money to take from you and your children. And they use it to make more money and more money. Let the show be put to rest, it's been 15 years, let it end at last.
Kid, 12 years old July 9, 2010

Perfect for 8+

My little sister who is 6, loves the games and movies and such. I like it too.
Adult Written byxMadxScientistx February 19, 2009

This show is tame!

I can't think of much more tame than this. It's also pretty old school. I can remember this being on when I was a kid.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bylegomast777 May 5, 2011

Awesome

Great show for kids. Every episode teaches the kid a lesson in teamwork, friendship, and others. And if you look away from the battling, the main reason is the pokemon and human bond and have a friendship. Great show for 7 and older