All member reviews for Pretty Little Liars

Tantalizing mystery plays up glamour, sexiness of teen life.

Teen, 13 years old Written byHazel-Beatrice December 1, 2013

PLL

This TV show is really no problem. I watched all the episodes there are and I don't see why it was rated TV-14.
Kid, 10 years old November 10, 2013

Pretty Little Awesome!

I am a kid age 10. I found out about this show and started watching it, but only with my mom. She explains to me all the grown up and mature things. so, even though I am 10, I recommend this to 14 year olds.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNiallergirl October 31, 2013

Can't Be Topped!

I love this show! I also think the tv rating for this show is very accurate, tv-14. I don't think this is for kids under 14, because there is some sexual content, drugs, under age drinking, some swearing and violence. There a lesbian couple and this show can be a bit creepy at times. But if you are 14 or older, please watch it!. It also shows real life situations that go wrong, which is just reality. If you watch this, you will not regret it!
Teen, 14 years old Written byAvaflava October 29, 2013

Pretty Little Liars

I think its a great show but you just have to be mature enough to watch it not saying that their is any scenes that are so terrible that you'll never get it out of your head its just some of them might not be to the liking of children 12 or younger but i enjoy the drama, mystery, and suspense. Its a show that you get really into and usually those are the shows that are good and its just great entertainment and every season is full of suprises.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymaggiedace3 October 29, 2013

10/10

Pretty Little Liars is a good show for teenage girls. It leaves you with do many different cliff hangers that make you watch the show every single week. It shows a group of teenage girls that are trying to solve their best friends murder. It helps your brain try to figure out what they are going through and all the answers. They also go through problems that most girls go through. its an all around great show that I love to watch every Tuesday night.
Teen, 14 years old Written byroxgirl05 October 29, 2013

Neverending Greatness

Pretty Little Liars is a great show that will keep you on the edge of your seat until the hour is up. It is a murder mystery showed filled with drama and relationships that most everyone can relate to. Pretty little liars has yet to disappoint me. It is truly a show for everyone to watch. The show is played in the winter and summer season and has a Halloween special every year as well. The show is very diverse with relationships showing a lesbian couple, older couple etc.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTeen9670 October 29, 2013

Pretty Little Liars

Great show for anyone 14 and up, but it is geared towards female teens. There are a couple scenes depicting intimacy, and a lesbian couple. The show includes minor language and violence. It is a well-plotted show with great characters. The suspense incorporated in each episode makes you want to watch the next one the following week.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydmdsoccergirl October 29, 2013

Pretty Little Liars

Pretty little liars is a very good show! it is definitely by far my favorite show to watch and I look forward to Tuesday every week. it leaves you with something to think about and the talk on Wednesday in school is crazy. If you do not watch this show you are very left out in school the next day. It shows friendship to always stand by your friends
Teen, 14 years old Written byhbhend17 October 29, 2013

Pretty Little Liars Review

Pretty Little Liars is an exciting tv series enjoyed by many teens. It is a great show to get together and watch with your girlfriends on a Tuesday night. It has a lot of suspense and I can not wait until it comes back on.
Teen, 17 years old Written byHeyItsSon October 28, 2013

It's a Great show! But Not For Anyone Under the Age of 10

I think hat this is a great television show with plenty of exciting and suspenseful moments. It definitely keeps me waiting for the next episode! It does have a few bad words in it, and does have scenes when two people are in a bed, but you don't see anything. People do kiss (and there is a lesbian main character). IT REALLY COMES DOWN TO HOW MATURE YOUR CHILD IS AND HOW MUCH SHE CAN TAKE IN.
Teen, 13 years old Written byspencerhastings October 27, 2013

Addicting show

I started watching this when I was 11 years old, which, now that I look back, is very young. I think it's best for kids 13 & up, but it depends as well. If your child is mature, then I think it should be okay for 11 and 12 year olds. But if your child is grossed out by kissing, or easily gets scared from suspense and murder, then you should definitely wait to watch this show when you're around 13. There is also some language, but saying "b*tch" is as far as it goes, I think. There is occasional drinking, as well. Also, expect some kissing and maybe sometimes making out. Because it's ABC Family, they have never showed sex, but it is implied (it was implied four times). Now, the plot is great. When I was watching season one, I finished the season in three days, and immediately got hooked on season two as well. But I feel like the show has been dragging since season three, it is going down in quality. My personal favorite liar is Spencer, because I feel like she is brave and intellectual. I think the writers have done a good job developing most characters, except for Aria, who I feel is underdeveloped as a character. Also, that reminds me, Aria is romantically involved with a teacher named Ezra Fitz. They see each other while Aria is in his class until he goes to teach at Hollis College in season two. I don't think that is something people would want their kids to see, but if your child knows what is right from wrong, then there shouldn't be any harm. I'd rate this show a 7.5/10.
Adult Written byjcq October 12, 2013

Television for an intellectually-inclined child

Undoubtedly, your child has already been exposed to all the themes in this show, especially in the 21st century (though this did not happen as frequently in the 20th century). I would say to watch the show with your child because it is a mystery which makes it so addictive, and through that, you can truly engage your child in taking a critical approach, delving deeper into the questions the storyline poses, solving the issues and inconsistencies. Furthermore, issues of morality ("What is moral? What is not?") are raised. The show does not answer these questions but there is a subtle suggestion of answering them for yourself. The four main characters are faced with this question in nearly every episode. I say this particularly in relation the deceased character, Alison, who represents the good and bad that simultaneously exists within every person. There are also several literary and cinematic references throughout the entirety of the series, ranging from Hitchcock films to famous pieces of literature that your teenager will likely read in school, i.e., To Kill a Mockingbird, The Catcher in the Rye, The Great Gatsby, Hamlet, and many more. What a great way to use pop culture to influence your child academically! On that note, I'd say that this show is appropriate for more intelligent, inquisitive teenagers that have more developed cognitive abilities. If your child is more of mindless absorber that is likely to jump off the bridge with the others, this show can likely have a negative influence on him or her. However, please remember television deprivation will not retroactively aid your child when he or she is in his or her late teens.
Teen, 13 years old Written byilovemaroon5 October 12, 2013

For Mature 14 Year Olds

Pretty little liars is fine for middle school kids and up. I wouldn't say it is OK for 13 year olds, but it’s alright for 14 year olds. You may be dazed on how much your kids know about certain topics. There are several respectable examples set, but there are some that are unquestionably not great examples at all. Make sure whoever is watching this understands that some of the actions that the characters do are not tolerable and should not be copied.
Kid, 12 years old October 10, 2013

AMAZING SHOW !!! Depends on the child's maturity

I am 12 years old and i started watching this show when i was 11. it really depends on the child, if the child can handle themeatic elements and drugs, sex etc then they probably can watch it. My parents told me that I can watch this show as long as I do not watch it in front of my brother and start acting like the liars. Also the 1st season is all about sex (mostly) and the rest of the seasons only have kissing. So if you are not letting your child watch this show because of sex you should just let them read the wiki. The entire story is about this person named A who is stalking the liars (Hanna, Aria, Spencer and Emily) and blackmailing them. A lot of times A sends very scary messages like one of you will die World war A etc. Honestly i got some nightmare from watching some episodes. Also one of the liars emily is lesbian and her 1st girlfriend Maya smokes weed. Also Aria has a sexual relationship with her English teacher Ezra Fitz. Spencer cheats on homework and has a realtionship with her sister fiance's. Hanna is caught shoplifting. Some of the girls had sex and it is not shown but it is implied. Hanna trying to put a condom on her boyfriend Sean is shown. A lot of violence is shown. A man hanging on a bell is shown A lot of thematic elements. This is a AMAZING show and I personaly think it depends on the child.
Teen, 15 years old Written byprettylittleliaraus October 7, 2013

good but has some themes

There are moments when it is inappropriate but I'm going to give you the good reasons first- 1. Most of the problems are relatable to teens and can help them through them. Emily Fields, a gay main character, has inspired teens to come out of the closet. 2. The bad language is very mild. I'm not saying young children should watch it but this is the 21st century and nowadays younger children swear. 3. The way the characters unwaveringly protect their families and friends is important for teens to watch: most teens protect themselves. These girls put other people first. 4. The inappropriate scenes can easily be fast fowarded. 5. You should focus less on "Oh my goodness she is with a teacher" but on "Now I'm not saying you should do this but can you see how loyal they are?"
Kid, 12 years old September 19, 2013

Amazing!

Pretty Little Liars, or PLL is a great show for all ages. It has positive role models, such as Emily being a proudly out lesbian. PLL contains some violence and scary scenes, mostly associated with 'A', the series' main antagonist. There are some minor sex scenes that are easily fast-forwardable. There is some drinking from a flask and beers, and also, in season 1, Maya smokes weed in front of Emily. Mostly a great show though.
Kid, 11 years old September 10, 2013

Tweens would love it

I'm 11 and I LOVE this show I never liked it before because I never knew what it was about but then my friend told me to watch it and it was the best! My mom and I watched it and my mom loves it to definitely nobody under 11 should watch this.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPLL-cupcake September 7, 2013

Great for pre-teens, teens&adults !!

I'm 14&i watch this with my mum, 12 year old sister&9 year old sister. If the child is mature then age 9 is apropriate. It's not as bad as most people on here are saying it is, because kids learn this stuff at school anyway. The drug use is a bit innapropriate but like i said if the kid can handle it then they will be fine, we're all addicted to this show&it's a good way for kid's/teens to see how life is really like&that these things do actually happen in real life so they can be more understanding&aware. Personally i think parents should check the show out first then see for themselves, there is alot of kissing and sex however so it depends if you are comfortable with this or not.
Kid, 12 years old September 2, 2013

12+

I love this murder mystery slash normal teenage life show. It's the perfect mix.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrayray7 September 1, 2013

Great Show

This show is very good, but from an age standpoint it is violent and there is a lot of kissing. Also underage drinking and some bad messages like disobeying parents and running away. Though most of the time the teens get punishment. There is also is a load of swearing by teens but nothing they haven't heard before. But most of all, keeping secrets and bullying. The 4 girls keep most of their lives private from teachers and parents so it might give the wrong message to younger viewers.